Mark Sell Wins LCRC Chairman Race

By Greg L | 6 March 2010 | Loudoun County | 11 Comments

Congratulations to Mark Sell for pulling out a victory in today’s election for LCRC Chairman.  Both he and Candace Strother were excellent candidates for this position, and it’s a really healthy thing to see such great members of the committee step up for consideration by Loudoun Republicans for this job.  Now comes the hard work of healing divisions within the committee and charting a course forward for future Republican wins in Loudoun.  Mark is definitely up to the job, and hopefully he’ll get the full support of the LCRC as he rolls up his sleeves to this task.

I’d noticed a pretty solid correlation between Sell lapel stickers and those for Howie Lind at recent LCRC meetings.  With Sell pulling out a win here, I’ll bet Howie Lind is feeling pretty good about his chances at the 10th District Convention.  If Dave Schmidt isn’t running that strong in Loudoun, he’s not running strong anywhere right now.

1. Anne Fitz said on 6 Mar 2010 at 6:11 pm:

Congratulations to Mark!!!! He will be a fantastic Chair.

2. jacob said on 7 Mar 2010 at 4:50 pm:

Schmidt put out an “I am embarrassed by conservatives” mailer about a month ago. We are looking at a case of dead man walking. The yahoo even put the same tripe on his website. When the uproar hit, the comments came down. What a rube.

3. Bulletproof Monk said on 8 Mar 2010 at 10:30 pm:

Speaking of rubes….
    Why don’t you talk Lind up, instead of talking down about Dave. You know….after your lecturing me and all.

4. ... said on 9 Mar 2010 at 10:11 am:

“Why don’t you talk Lind up, instead of talking down about Dave.”

I think it’s funny when one holds the opposition to a higher standard.

5. ... said on 9 Mar 2010 at 10:12 am:

And yes, I AM referring to that email Ana Lee sent out. I’m sure you saw it.

6. jacob said on 12 Mar 2010 at 9:00 am:

Monk,
    Because Candace, Mark, and Lind have not sent anything out that stated … “Do you want a Republican Party we can be proud of, or one you could be embarrassed by?” Sorry, he kicked the door open on this one himself. As for talking Lind up, I will … in time. May is a long time from now.

7. The Bulletproof Monk said on 18 Mar 2010 at 12:41 am:

Let me tell you what has embarrassed the Loudoun Committee before.
    Patricia Phillops, as nice a lady as she is, let someone in her campaign push to fill that primary with all the usual whackjobs. She was propelled to victory in the Party, and promptly git her ass handed to her by Herring in the General.
    Mike Farris filled three buses and departed from Loudoun enroute to Richmond, where he overwhelmed the Convention in favor of his boy, who went on to take a trouncing at the hands of a Volvo salesman.
    In 2007, the LCRC got caught with it’s hand in the cookie jar — having written a flawed Call that got thrown out for three distinct violations to the Party Plan.
    Even after that, they steamrolled ahead with selection of the most unelectable slate I’ve ever witnessed. In that November, and in front of the voters of Loudoun, they got thouroughly beaten…
    So, tell me…wouldn’t you be embarassed that some folks repeatedly do the same thing over and over and wonder why nothing changed?
    Wouldn’t you be embarassed that after two successful years of forming a better machine and actually pushing it into overdrive in the last elections, some decided it was a much better idea to just scrap that machine and go back to the old plan of pushing losing candidates out front to meet the electorate….so they can lose again.

The rest of the State depended on us. That’s the good news. Because now, McDonnell and the RPV are painfully aware that where Loudoun goes, so goes Virginia. Which means they’ll be using a microscope and a fresh copy of the Party Plan if things begin to get anywhere near cloudy up here. It has the propensity to unhinge the whole state, and the piss poor antics of the past will not be tolerated since the last Chairman elevated Loudoun to the front of the pack.

8. jacob said on 18 Mar 2010 at 8:28 am:

I was wondering how long it would take you to circle back. Nice way to change the subject. The point I made was mud slinging is not a valid means of winning an intra party contest. It appears you are still learning that. Your answer is to basically say conservatives make lousy candidates. Keep swinging boy, who knows you might actually land something.

9. jacob said on 18 Mar 2010 at 8:29 am:

BTW, I agree with you in one regard … Patricia Phillips is a lousy candidate.

10. The Bulletproof Monk said on 18 Mar 2010 at 7:31 pm:

To start off, Don’t put words in my mouth. I NEVER said conservatives make lousy choices. I’m a conservative.
    I’m not slinging mud, I’m pointing out absolute facts of what has happened in the past when a particular set of folks has picked the candidates. Incidentally, you skipped over those and chose not to defend them, mostly because you cannot.

I’ve recieved a very encouraging e-mail from Mark, and I’m sure we’ll start out strong and inclusive. It’s the watch for a fracture as we enter the 2011 year that I’m worried about. I’m still very wary having witnessed the 2007 Convention Call incident and the attempts to thwart the RPV process, instantly reintroducing the Justice Dept. into Virginia’s Voting Act violations. Don’t dismiss me as someone who’s learning…. I probably know more about the RPV process than you and three of your friends.

11. Greg L said on 20 Mar 2010 at 9:13 am:

Instead of watching for a fracture and jumping on it, it may be a little more productive to do what you can to help prevent one. The more folks are interested in ferreting out problems and promoting them, the harder it’s going to be to pull the LCRC together.

You folks all agree on just about everything. That’s what you can focus on. Ignore all the rest as best you can, and it’s a lot easier to do than many realize, and you’ll do just fine.

Views: 1931