Gerry Connolly: “I Spill Buckets Of Blood For Obama”

By Greg L | 22 May 2010 | Gerry Connolly | 20 Comments

Via NLS is this amazing and rather gruesome desperate tidbit from Gerry Connolly:

“Let me get this straight: If you think I can’t win, you’re not going to spend political capital on me, even though I spill buckets of blood for you?” Connolly said. “The White House can’t be [keeping] distance from people who have walked the plank for them, even when they might lose. Loyalty matters in this business.”

Actually, I can certainly understand if Obama cuts his losses with Gerry “Cowardly” Connolly.  Why spend precious resources on someone who is almost certainly going to lose?  Still, it’s fun to watch Dems start attacking each other as their prospects for re-election vanish and they become increasingly desperate…

1. MJ said on 23 May 2010 at 1:13 am:

Did Connolly actually believe that obamie has any integrity? Did he Not read “Rules for Radicals”?

2. Fairfax said on 23 May 2010 at 6:10 am:

Dim bulb. Always was.

3. GRH said on 23 May 2010 at 6:11 am:

Apparently connolly believes toeing the party line and NOT representing his district is sufficient for reelection.

Hopefully there is archive footage of this fool standing and clapping, along with the rest of the democrats, for the speech of Calderon that will be used by his opponents showing how out of touch he is not only with his district but also the rest of the country on immigration.

4. BattleCat said on 23 May 2010 at 7:12 am:

I will consider it one of the great privileges of my life to vote against Connolly this November.

5. park'd said on 23 May 2010 at 8:42 am:

6. Disgusted said on 23 May 2010 at 10:05 am:

Life is tough in the Show, Gerry. Probably should stick to beer league softball.

7. Chris said on 23 May 2010 at 10:15 am:

You all are assuming that Connolly is toast either way. He’s been winning elections in Fairfax County for 20 years, I don’t take him for granted no matter what the environment. The guy is a political street fighter and you better believe he will be ready to fight until the end for his seat.

8. GimmeABreaaaaak! said on 23 May 2010 at 11:01 am:

Whose blood did he spill? Surely not his own….

9. DownYonder said on 23 May 2010 at 1:02 pm:

“#
    park’d said on 23 May 2010 at 8:42 am:

Gerry personifies the word douche. That being said, never underestimate the retardity of Fairfax County voters. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Gerry return for another round.”

park’d,
    You hit the nail on the head. The gullibility of FFx voters never
    ceases to amaze me. One more kid out of college and I’m outa
    here.

10. Freedom said on 23 May 2010 at 2:11 pm:

Unfortunately, there are those who would vote for a “D” (even GC) no matter WHAT he did, what he said or what he stood for!! We absolutely must garner the support and the vote of those who care about our Republic and overcome the vote of those who don’t.

11. park'd said on 23 May 2010 at 3:00 pm:

Same type of people that vote for Wolf because he has an R around his neck are the same types of folks who will vote for Gerry because a D hangs around his. Neither of these guys have done JACKSH1T for their constituents yet people keep pulling the lever for them based on that criteria alone. I warn you not to underestimate the power of that voting block. Gerry will return. It will be a squeaker but he will be back.

The real question you need to ask yourselves here is will you vote for Wolf yet again even though our quality of life has gone down DRAMATICALLY in PWC and the two cities in the past 2 years? I know I for one will not. If you love illegals, foreclosures, falling property values, bailed out banksters and continuing economic malaise then by all means keeps voting for Wolf. Ham sandwich gets my vote this year. Maybe if enough people wrote in Donald Duck or Minnie Mouse then perhaps the conventions would stop giving the nod to lameduck incumbents like Frank. But alas I fear I waste my keystrokes on the hearts and minds of some folks here when it comes to their illustrious representative…

12. dumpem said on 23 May 2010 at 4:45 pm:

Are we in a parallel universe? Of course we want Obama to shill for him.

Its a guaranteed loss.

The befuddled boy-prince is an absolute show stopper.

13. hazegray said on 23 May 2010 at 4:48 pm:

Chris got this absolutely right (it ain’t over until it’s over). Read (again) and heed:

14. Cromagnum said on 24 May 2010 at 12:26 am:

He has spilt our blood, our sweat, our tears, our liberty.

Connolly meet the Zero Bus… beep beep

15. Jeff Hunter said on 24 May 2010 at 9:50 am:

While in line for the 2008 election the people behind me were discussing the Connelly vs. Fimian vote. The young woman was explaining to the older couple that her boss in the Fairfax County Police Department told everyone to vote for Connolly . . . because they wanted to be rid of him in Fairfax County. Don’t rely on the good folks in Fairfax County to do anything that might bring Connelly back to them where he can do the most damage.

16. Lloyd the Idiot said on 24 May 2010 at 10:08 am:

Under ordinary circumstances, Connolly’s buffoonery would jeopardize his chances, but, as noted above, the D voting block and his incumbency would likely be enough to carry him through. However, the anti-incumbent, anti-Obama wave is so strong, that I think he’ll have a tough time. The big question, as I see it, is whether the R candidate(s) self-destruct and go overboard in pandering to social conservatives.

17. local gop said on 24 May 2010 at 1:37 pm:

connolly is a rather disturbing human being….

18. Big Dog said on 24 May 2010 at 3:22 pm:

Connolly was at the Boys & Girls Club awards and fund
    raising event last week (emceed by Jackson Miller) and
    Gerry gave a check for 9K of his own money to replace
    old classroom computers at the Manassas facility.

Herrity was also there but not Fimian.

I live in Wolf’s district and don’t know Connolly, but
    appreciate his generosity to the youth of our area.

19. Anonymous said on 25 May 2010 at 7:49 am:

Connolly is a P.O.S., just like Wolf. Park’d hit the nail on the head when he said that voters will vote just because of the party affiliation, REGARDLESS as to what they’ve actually done.

This country of citizens can be so damned ridiculous! Oh well, at least we’re not Mexico! Yet….

20. Mr. Anon said on 26 May 2010 at 8:23 am:

How can a bucket of warm spit produce buckets of blood?