Corey Stewart On Fox & Friends

By Greg L | 25 May 2010 | National Politics, Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 14 Comments

Chairman Corey Stewart had a chance to visit with Fox & Friends recently and talk about how our experience with the Rule of Law Resolution presages the success we all expect for Arizona’s HB 1070. We hear the same tripe coming from the left about how Arizona’s law will result in racial profiling and all sorts of abuses, all of which never came to pass in Prince William County after the same dire “blood in the streets” style warnings were made here. Amazing at how the left never changes their tactics, even when they’re proven to be utterly ineffective…

1. Citizen12 said on 25 May 2010 at 11:07 pm:

Thanks Greg. A great news item. It is unfortunate that the only way the other major networks will carry this concise, positive and truthful message is if it is included into some politician’s campaign message.

Perhaps McAmnesty could use it to try and keep his Arizona seat.

2. Greg L said on 25 May 2010 at 11:32 pm:

JD Hayworth gets a lot of screen time in “Border War”, which I saw this evening. What an amazing guy. I hadn’t seen him a whole lot, and this movie catches him in a lot of private moments where you can absolutely see how dedicated he has always been to resolving the issue on the border.

If you ever want to get a taste of what Hayworth is like behind the scenes, this is the movie to watch. He’s the kind of guy you wish had been the Republican nominee against Obama — he would have gone after the guy and beat him senseless on the issues. Really, a take no prisoners, and stick to your principles kind of guy.

I hope he trounces McAmnesty. The folks in Arizona would be so much better off!

3. park'd said on 26 May 2010 at 6:47 am:

Puhleeze. Corey allowed Deane to spit in his face after Deane said he had no intention of following through with it and the resolution was rendered toothless before it even started. Deane obviously has some dirt on someone there or else they would have fired his a$$ for insubordination. Corey is probably not the right person to describe how PWC implemented its ‘effective’ illegal alien policy. There are far more illegals in this area now than there ever were so that tells you just how effective Corey’s resolution was.

4. ANON said on 26 May 2010 at 7:11 am:

I have to agree, the illegals are coming back and it is very noticeable.
    I live on a fairly quiet dead end street and a few nights ago while turning onto my street a Hispanic lady in a short skirt raised her skirt completely up as I was slowing down to turn. I was completely shocked at this, I have never had an experience like that in this neighborhood. I told my wife and we went out and watched her talk to someone and then get into his car. I find it unbelievable that Hispanic prostitutes are doing business in quiet residential areas.

5. Mr. Anon said on 26 May 2010 at 8:20 am:

It’s no time for victory laps or attaboys on Fox news, we have a problem again and something needs to be done. Boarders are coming back to my neighborhood after a year’s absence. My neighbor had a yard sale last weekend and there were 30-40 non-English speakers there, many on bicycles. The word is out that PWC is open for business again to illegals and those who are document deficient.

6. Starryflights said on 26 May 2010 at 9:05 am:

I agree….I believe the problem is much worse than before. I thought someone said Dean was going to retire…..do we know more on this? I would like to know if the enrollment in the ESL school program has increased again and by how much.

7. HSM Plankowner said on 26 May 2010 at 9:05 am:

I had a problem with pests in my garden. It really pissed me off. They were destroying much of the work I had put in, eating my plants, keeping me from enjoying the produce thereof. One day I got fed up, bought a sprayer and some insecticide, and nuked the little bastards. Felt good, and for a time the garden rebounded nicely. But after a time, I noticed the pests showing up again. I knew these weren’t the same slugs, worms and flies I dealt with previously. These were new slugs, worms, and flies. The residual of the spray had faded over time. So, I sprayed again, and nailed these new pests. I realized that I would have to do this semi-regularly, BEFORE I noticed a new batch of pests moving in.

I would imagine that the folks we are seeing are a new wave of illegals, who have come since the echoes of the Rule of Law passage have faded. However, the law is still in place, and functioning as intended, provided the police are following the law. If an illegal is detained, then they are eventually handed over to ICE for deportation. What ICE is doing with them these days is anybody’s guess. What has faded is the deterent effect of the law, not the effectiveness of it in actual execution.

What I am hearing from park’d and Mr. Anon is a familliar refrain from the years prior to the passage of the law. What is telling here is there is no mention of reporting the illegal activity to law enforcement. The only way for law enforcement to have the “contact” required to enforce the law, is for the illegal to be noticed by law enforcement. The notice can come in the form of a citizen reporting a crime, suspicious activity, etc.

Tis better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness.

8. Patty said on 26 May 2010 at 9:21 am:

The problem is that many of these foreclosed homes were bought up by investors. These investors are desperate for tenants so they rent their properties to people who’ve had their home foreclosed…many illegal aliens in these foreclosed homes. These illegals are now renting and I’ll bet in a lot of cases they are getting Sec. 8 benefits along with WIC etc.

This is a multifaceted problem. Remember officers can only check legal status of someone who has broken a law (yes, I know when they enter the country they’ve broken the law so I think you know what I mean). Neighbors still need to call in overcrowded homes to Zoning. Also, there are other things like E-verify that need to happen in order for these illegals to self deport. We can’t sit back and depend entirely on the Rule of Law Resolution.

I will say one thing for sure. When I look back at what my neighborhood looked like four to six years ago, I can say that there is a definite improvement. It is much better now than it was and for that I give credit to those citizens who pushed for the resolution, the BOCS, the citizens who turn in zoning violations and those who participate in any way to better their neighborhood. I say a big Thank You to them.

Keep up the good work!

9. Robert L. Duecaster said on 26 May 2010 at 12:44 pm:

The problem, HSM Plankowner, is that the correct pesticide was not used the first time. Corey should have pushed for enactment of the Resolution as originally written, instead of allowing it to be watered down with the “probable cause” requirement.

10. Johnson said on 26 May 2010 at 4:18 pm:

Time for us to start advocating for an Arizona type state statute.

11. Jon Wong said on 26 May 2010 at 8:11 pm:

Hey Anon…Where lady with no skirt? Sound good.Where Kevin C. ?? He still number 10. Make greg customer laugh.

12. Citizen12 said on 27 May 2010 at 10:33 am:

Johnson said on 26 May 2010 at 4:18 pm:

Time for us to start advocating for an Arizona type state statute.

****************************************************************

I agree. Unfortunately there is not much hope for that if left up to our new governor.

“It brings up of some other regimes that are not particularly helpful to democracy or civil rights,” McDonnell says.

“McDonnell says he has not yet read the Arizona law.”

It would appear it is not only Democrats who have not read the law yet passes judgment on it.

After reading this article I have but two words.

Heavy sigh.

13. rebelreggie said on 27 May 2010 at 10:39 am:

Subject: an American in Mexico

American working in Mexico

From the other side of the fence…
    Received the following from Tom O’Malley, who was a Director with S.W. BELL in Mexico City :

“I spent five years working in Mexico . I worked under a tourist Visa for three months and could legally renew it for three more months. After that you were working illegally. I was technically illegal for three weeks waiting on the FM3 approval.

“During that six months our Mexican and U.S. attorneys were working to secure a permanent work visa called a ‘FM3′. It was in addition to my U.S. passport that I had to show each time I entered and left the country. Barbara’s was the same, except hers did not permit her to work.

“To apply for the FM3, I needed to submit the following notarized originals (not copies):
    1. Birth certificate for Barbara and me.
    2. Marriage certificate.
    3. High school transcripts and proof of graduation.
    4. College transcripts for every college I attended and
    proof of graduation.
    5. Two letters of recommendation from supervisors I had
    worked for at least one year.
    6. A letter from the St. Louis Chief of Police indicating
    that I had no arrest record in the U.S. and no outstanding
    warrants and, was “a citizen in good standing”.
    7. “Finally, I had to write a letter about myself
    that clearly stated why there was no Mexican citizen with
    my skills and why my skills were important to Mexico . We
    called it our ‘I am the greatest person on Earth’
    letter. It was fun to write.”

“All of the above were in English that had to be translated into Spanish and be certified as legal
    translations, and our signatures notarized. It produced a folder about 1.5 inches thick with English on the left side &Spanish on the right.”

“Once they were completed Barbara and I spent about five hours, accompanied by a Mexican attorney, touring Mexican government office locations and being photographed and fingerprinted at least three times at each location, and we remember at least four locations where we were instructed on Mexican tax, labor, housing, and criminal law and that we were required to obey their laws or face the consequences. We could not protest any of the government’s actions or we would be committing a felony. We paid out four thousand dollars in fees and bribes to complete the process. When this was done we could
    legally bring in our household goods that were held by U.S. Customs in Laredo , Texas . This meant we had rented furniture in Mexico while awaiting our goods. There were extensive fees involved here that the company paid.”

“We could not buy a home and were required to rent at very high rates and under contract and compliance with Mexican law.”

“We were required to get a Mexican driver’s license. This was an amazing process. The company arranged for the licensing agency to come to our headquarters location with their photography and fingerprint equipment and the laminating machine. We showed our U.S. license, were photographed and fingerprinted again and issued the license instantly after paying out a six dollar fee. We did not take a written or driving test and never received instructions on the rules of the road. Our only instruction was to never give a policeman your license if stopped and asked. We were instructed to hold it against the inside window away from his grasp. If he got his hands on it you would have to pay ransom to get it back. ”

“We then had to pay and file Mexican income tax annually using the number of our FM3 as our ID number. The company’s Mexican accountants did this for us and we just signed what they prepared. It was about twenty legal size pages annually.”

“The FM3 was good for three years and renewable for two more after paying more fees.”

“Leaving the country meant turning in the FM3 and certifying we were leaving no debts behind and no outstanding legal affairs (warrants, tickets or liens) before our household goods were released to customs.”

“It was a real adventure and if any of our Senators or Congressmen went through it once they would have a different attitude toward Mexico .”

“The Mexican government uses its vast military and police forces to keep its citizens intimidated and
    compliant. They never protest at their capitol or government offices, but do protest daily in front of the
    United States Embassy. The U.S. Embassy looks like a strongly reinforced fortress and during most protests the Mexican military surrounds the block with their men standing shoulder to shoulder in full riot gear to protect the Embassy. These protests are never shown on U.S. or Mexican TV. There is a large public park across the street where they do their protesting. Anything can cause a protest such as proposed law changes in California or Texas .”

Please feel free to share this with everyone who thinks we are being hard on the illegal aliens.

14. Wolverine said on 27 May 2010 at 9:42 pm:

Patty has hit upon something in her post. Over in our part of Loudoun, we are also seeing what she has described: investors buying up homes and then renting them out to whomever happens to come along and without regard for HOA rules or even county law. These investors then sneak off and leave the HOA to handle any mess that arises from the deal, knowing our limited number of county zoning investigators are already strapped for time and that the HOA probably doesn’t have enough spare cash in this tight economy for legal fees to go after the problems on their own.