Keith Fimian For Congress

By Greg L | 7 June 2010 | Keith Fimian, Fairfax County, US Congress, Prince William County | 18 Comments

For my friends in the 11th District, you have an opportunity to improve the Congressional representation you’ve suffered under for so long.  After years of RINO Tom Davis and now Gerry “Cowardly” Connolly, there’s finally a chance for you to elect principled leadership.  That kind of leadership — in spades — is available in the form of Keith Fimian, who has been a conservative warrior back before being a conservative warrior was a cool thing to be.

While either of the two candidates vying for the Republican nomination would be a vast improvement over the abysmal Connolly, only one has been fighting the fight along with the Tea Party movement ever since it started getting steam.  When Herrity was nowhere to be found, Keith Fimian was out there every time there was any kind of Tea Party event in Fairfax or Prince William Counties.  Early in the fight against socialized healthcare, Fimian was helping lead the charge, while Herrity wasn’t engaged.

Now that the Day Labor Center issue has popped up in Centreville, this scenario repeats yet again.  Fimian comes out strongly in public opposition, and it takes the Washington Post to track Herrity down for comment only to get a rather short and uninspiring comment or two on this important issue.  Don’t get me wrong here — I do like Herrity, I just never see him in the fight.  Ever.  I saw him in the fight precisely as often as I saw Tom Davis, which is to say never.

That pattern of absence would be terribly unfortunate for residents of the 11th District.

The 11th District deserves to have someone who is going to responsibly “break some china”, as Fimian has promised, and given his untiring efforts on behalf of the grassroots there’s no reason to doubt he would do exactly that.  We don’t need someone who can get along in Congress.  We need someone who’s going to start tearing the place down if it continues to behave more like a politburo than a representative legislature dedicated to actually preserving the Constitution.

I imagine the only thing more rewarding to experience, and amusing to watch, would be electing Delegate Bob Marshall to the United States Senate.  Fimian isn’t much far off, and these legislative bodies sorely need some passionate fighters.

Your pick on Tuesday should be Keith Fimian.

1. Just the Facts said on 8 Jun 2010 at 7:10 am:

Greg - you and I agree on many things but I am supporting Pat Herrity. However, I am with you completely that either would be a vast improvement over Connolly. If Keith wins today, I’ll be behind him 100 percent and help him win in November. I hope Keith’s supporters would feel the same way if Pat wins. After today, we need to forget about our differences during the primary and take that seat back for Republicans!

2. Freedom said on 8 Jun 2010 at 7:46 am:

JTF, as you support Herrity, I support Fimian — so I guess we cancel-out each other’s vote. However, we certainly agree on getting behind today’s victor, whomever it is, to put Connolly on the “unemployed list.”

It’s funny, just yesterday, I received a robocall from the Connolly campaign, announcing that he had “broken with his party” to vote “no” against some increased spending bill — I didn’t listen long enough to make sense of what he was saying.

As you said, JTF, “After today, we need to forget about our differences during the primary and take that seat back for Republicans”! If we can defeat Connolly in November, I will consider it “mission complete.” :)

3. Just the Facts said on 8 Jun 2010 at 8:30 am:

Freedom - I got the same robocall from Connolly. Don’t worry about trying to make sense of what he says. The best minds in the world could work on that problem to no avail. He’s just trying to put a spin on the truth, which is that he does whatever Obama, Reid and Pelosi tell him to do. We need a representative who looks to the interests of the 11th District to decide how to vote, rather than to them.

After today, we must join forces to get either Pat or Keith elected!

4. Ronald said on 8 Jun 2010 at 8:44 am:

Lets go Keith!

Its the only thing on the ballot this year, we must have a nominee that fires up conservatives or folks will stay home.

Keith is the only guy to do it. I am voting for him today and in the fall!

5. austin said on 8 Jun 2010 at 9:20 am:

Lets go PAT!!!!

A good catholic pro life candidate, successful businessman, and someone who can actually win in November!

Greg, sorry I had to disagree with you on this one.

6. Ishmael said on 8 Jun 2010 at 11:20 am:

But is he circumsized? That fact is about as relevant as his religion.

7. Jack said on 8 Jun 2010 at 11:37 am:

Also voted for Keith but will back any opponent of Connolly in the general election. I hope others will too.

8. K.O'toole said on 8 Jun 2010 at 11:44 am:

Hope Keith wins today; don’t want another RINO in Congress. :-(

9. Austin said on 8 Jun 2010 at 12:03 pm:

Ishmael

I do not know if he is circumsized, nor do I care. As a Catholic, I do weigh faith as a factor. You may or may not, your choice. This was my choice and my reasons. Vote for who you want for your reasons, but be a jerk to someone else!

10. Gerry Connolly said on 8 Jun 2010 at 12:18 pm:

Everyone please get to the polls and vote for Keith Fimian. I can’t begin to tell you how important this is to me. My job may depend on it. Tell everyone you know to get out and vote for Keith.

Thank You.

11. sahdman said on 8 Jun 2010 at 12:47 pm:

pride cometh before the fall gary.

12. sahdman said on 8 Jun 2010 at 12:47 pm:

Oh sorry Jerry

13. Ishmael said on 8 Jun 2010 at 1:01 pm:

My “jerkiness” notwithstanding, I guess that as a member of the Universal Church of Mankind, that you would summarily dismiss me as a candidate for any office, Austin?

14. Starryflights said on 8 Jun 2010 at 2:32 pm:

Only 53 people had voted when I went to the polls around 1:30. Three votes for Fimian by my family.

15. Riley said on 8 Jun 2010 at 2:58 pm:

Austin,

Both Herrity and Fimian are Catholic. Connolly (who is a cafeteria Catholic who left the seminary to marry a nun) hit Fimian in 2008 for belonging to a conservative Catholic organization.

16. park'd said on 8 Jun 2010 at 4:42 pm:

Fimian all the way. The last thing we need in Congress is another Frank Wolf style RINO. I’d rather see Gerry stay in office than send another RINO. At least with Gerry you know where you stand.

17. Austin said on 8 Jun 2010 at 5:25 pm:

Riley

Good point. I will rally around the republican winner. I do not consider Pat a RINO at all. He is a strong conservative on most issues. Both guys will do well if elected, but I prefer Herrity.

18. Junes_Reston said on 8 Jun 2010 at 5:38 pm:

After Pat’s comment about the Centreville day labor center, I know many people who considered voting for him are now planning to vote for Fimian. they were very dispappointed. But … if nothing elsem came of this, his comment motivated people to go to the polls, people who might not have otherwise voted.

I’m in the 8th District and absolutely giddy that we have some candidates in the running who actually have a chance to unseat Moran.

Most of my day has been spent encouraging people to vote - I hope I made a difference.

Whomever wins, I agree with everyone here - the primary goal is to unseat Connolly and Moran. That in itself will make a huge improvement in Congressional representation in Congress, and I too will throw my support behind the two GOP primary winners.