Manassas Tea Party

By Greg L | 24 June 2010 | Manassas City | 14 Comments

Friday night at the Harris Pavillion is the Defend the Constitution Rally sponsored by the Manassas Tea Party.

I’m going to be there.  Will you be?

1. DPortM said on 24 Jun 2010 at 11:49 am:

I am looking forward to it. See you there!

2. No Life said on 24 Jun 2010 at 1:27 pm:

Friday night. The Nationals are playing in Baltimore. There are several World Cup games. All the bars are open.

Oh, but the Tea Party is meeting in Manassas!

What would you choose?

3. Jeff Hunter said on 24 Jun 2010 at 2:06 pm:

No Life,

Drive 60 miles north through rush hour traffic to pay $100/person to Peter Angelos to see the Nats play the worst team baseball? No thank you . . . World Cup? That’s soccer right? If you’re into that sort of thing that’s what TiVO is for . . . and I waved bye bye to the bar scene years ago.

I think I’ll pack up a picnic and make an evening of it with the family down at Harris Pavillion, proudly wave an American Flag, and exercise my 1st Amendment rights.

4. FED UP said on 24 Jun 2010 at 7:32 pm:

I’ll see you at the Pavillion!!!

5. henry said on 25 Jun 2010 at 11:11 am:

What time ?

6. DPortM said on 25 Jun 2010 at 11:35 am:

6 p.m. for music and the fire truck for the kiddies. 6:30 p.m. otherwise…

7. No Life said on 25 Jun 2010 at 12:21 pm:

Jeff, the worst team in baseball or the tea party event? Easy choice. I’ll take the worst team in baseball. Hell, a neighborhood pickup game would be a better choice than a tea party rally.

For that matter, having a six inch railroad spike driven through your head would probably be preferable to the assemblage in Manassas. Once you’ve seen one freak show you really don’t need to attend another.

8. zuzu said on 25 Jun 2010 at 12:39 pm:

No Life, you’re entitled to your opinion. If you’d rather spend your allowance money at a ball game or a bar, that’s your decision. However, if you change your mind or the game thing doesn’t pan out, you might take comfort in knowing that Harris Pavillion is right next to the train tracks. I’m sure we could you find a loose spike for you in no time…

9. No Life said on 25 Jun 2010 at 1:55 pm:

zuzu, although I appreciate your kind offer, I think I’ll pass. I don’t attend Amway meetings or religious cult get togethers either.

I recommend viewing a clip on you tube from the Monty Python movie The Life of Brian. The scenes relating to the People’s Front for Judea are strikingly similar to the state of the tea party movement.

10. Big Dog said on 25 Jun 2010 at 3:29 pm:

TV 7 already has a truck parked near the Harris Pavilion.

11. jon wong said on 25 Jun 2010 at 9:28 pm:

Hey..chai national drink of homeland. Much better than cooaid.

12. FED UP said on 26 Jun 2010 at 11:33 am:

zuzu - tooooo funny!!
    as you can see, no life has…….no life (or viable brain matter)……

13. Taxed Enough said on 26 Jun 2010 at 2:34 pm:

You missed a dilly, No Life. The Tea Party rally was a total blast. Yeah, there were definitely a lot freaks out there, if you consider regular working folks, moms and dads with their kids, old folks and military veterans freaks. If you saw this throng of around 2000 Americans crushed into the Harris Pavilion and heard the inspiring speeches and still thought it was a freak show, that would make you pathetic ass. I’m just sayin’…

14. FED UP said on 26 Jun 2010 at 9:46 pm:

You are right, TE, the rally was OUTSTANDING!
    What a turnout!
    I have never been more proud to be a citizen of Manassas! Well, except for knowing that HSM saved our town from the multitudes of illegal invaders!
    No life needs to get a life. Loser.