Keith Fimian Connects

By Greg L | 5 July 2010 | Keith Fimian, Fairfax County, US Congress, Prince William County | 17 Comments

Keith Fimian gave some brief remarks at Rich Anderson’s house this weekend that I had the opportunity to catch on my camera. No doubt this is the man to represent the 11th District in Congress!

1. Disgusted said on 5 Jul 2010 at 8:51 pm:

Wow! 3 minutes and 12 seconds and he didn’t say anything except he loves freedom and he’s worried about his grandkids. That’s the best the Republicans have? Glad I live in the 1st! He’s gonna break your heart Greg!

2. Anonymous said on 6 Jul 2010 at 5:06 am:

Well, that’s better than 3 minutes of cutting down the opposition.

3. O. P. Ditch said on 6 Jul 2010 at 7:29 am:

Disgusted, thank the Good Lord that guys like this are going to save your A**, weather you realize it or not.

Great Video Greg.

4. Dittyman8 said on 6 Jul 2010 at 9:15 am:

@ Disgusted:

At least he’s willing to talk with people without hiding behind community gates and restricting his audience. That’s very unlike Gerry Connelly. I noticed that Gerry C has put up his signs along Route 123 on the Fairfax County side with none in PWC. Looks like a repeat of the Republican primary, just substitute Gerry for Pat.

5. True Blue GOP said on 6 Jul 2010 at 12:32 pm:

I think Keith needs to emphasize six issues in this campaign.

1. Immigration.

This needs to include building a wall along the entire southern
    border with gun towers and manned by American troops. Also the
    immediate deportation of ALL illegals.

2. The privatization of Social Security.

None of this phase in nonsense either. We must end the whole
    thing now. The free market will take care of it and those who
    prepared for their own retirement shouldn’t have to pay for
    anyone else for even one more day.

3. Balanced Budget Amendment to take effect immediately.

No need for a phase in here either. Just across the board cuts to
    EVERYTHING except defense. There may be some unrest but
    that is why you don’t cut defense. If the leftists don’t like it they
    can be shot or rounded up and put in camps.

4. Repeal of the 17th Amendment.

This needs no explanation. The current system is untenable if it
    produces a Democrat majority in the Senate. We only need one
    political party anyway. And that is the Republican Party.

5. The elimination of any and all laws that restrict in any way the
    private ownership of any types of weapons.

The only exception would be leftists who have proven themselves
    disloyal to America. They should be disarmed immediately.

6. Bringing Articles of Impeachment against the president and vice
    president.

They must be removed. Then the new Republican Speaker can
    become president.

This is the road to victory in November. I hope Fimian is a real conservative who will adopt this conservative platform. We don’t need any more RINOs.

6. Jim Bo said on 6 Jul 2010 at 2:44 pm:

dittyman,

yeah, lets build that wall, and staff it. How much will that cost. How much to raise your taxes to pay for it.

SS - yes, it needs to be reformed, and what should we do with all the people who become disabled, and have no disability insurance. What do we do with them. I am for assisted suicide, but you probably are not.

Yup, Bush did a great job increasing the number of federal employees, and increasing the deficit, but no worries, with two wars going on, there is plenty of money for defense.

Yup, the R’s have done a splendid job. Just look at how many cannot find family values, even though they preach it. Just look at how many increase our spending - you do not even have to leave PWC to see that.

I agree. Everyone should be able to get their hands on a oooozi and blow anything away. Just talk to the smith family, and see their take on gun ownership.

7. Disgusted said on 6 Jul 2010 at 4:25 pm:

True Blue - EGAD!! Why don’t ya slip in “#7: Proof of sanity!” Get outa the heat.

Fimian lost to Connolly 196,598 to 154,758. He’s a LOSER!! Why should anyone vote for him this time when they didn’t last time? Connolly accomplished what he and Obama set out to do. That’s why the swing voters went that way. That’s what happens when you win and you gain the majority. Find new blood, one that can articulate a cogent agenda (take note, True Blue) and is ON TOPIC!! Like it or not, the election depends on swing voters that aren’t conservatives. Ya keep scaring them away with all that BS!! Anyone can spout motherhood and apple pie, but he’s positioning himself to be the Marshal Coleman of the 11th. I’m sick of the Party trotting these retreads out and dressing up the pig. If they can’t find someone that will draw those votes in, you can be damn sure the democrats will.

Now you know why I’m DISGUSTED!!!

8. Greg L said on 6 Jul 2010 at 6:48 pm:

Fimian ran during a wave election with Obama at the top of the ticket in a district that voted for Obama about 60-40. Tom Davis would have lost in that environment, which might be why he decided not to run for re-election. That was a terrible year for Republicans, and calling anyone brave enough to stand up to that onslaught a “loser” is just plain silly. I could characterize that a lot differently, but I feel charitable today.

Fimian got more votes during that bad election cycle than Tom Davis did in all but one of his races. Fimian just got swamped by the Obama wave. If Fimian pulls together roughly 155,000 votes this election cycle, he’s going to win. The dynamic this year is remarkably different, and now Fimian’s experience as a candidate is going to shine.

I remember people pooh-poohing his chances in the primary, saying his opponent was a shoo-in. Then Fimian won THREE TO ONE in Prince William. In an election between two well qualified candidates, when neither has home field advantage, such a lopsided result is almost unheard of. When Julie Lucas (a great candidate in her own right) ran for re-election for the Neabsco school board against a total nutcase who police had barred from entering a school and ran his campaign in the classified ads, Julie Lucas “only” polled 71%. Fimian exceeded that mark.

Yeah, I just love it when folks underestimate Keith. Especially on the day after election day, when they’re wondering what just happened to them.

9. ejshan said on 6 Jul 2010 at 8:04 pm:

Great video Greg.

Keith will slam dunk Connelly,just like Keith won the Primary. He has learned alot from several years ago and it appears the voters have learned alot. Many of them were caught up with the Obama run but Obama will not be there for anyone this time.
    And in the meantime Connelly has cooked his own goose by lying and voting the wrong way on many things. Just like he did in Fairfax as a BOS. He’s alot of mouth but the people are not taken in at all.

I supported Keith last time and I am telling you he will win this time.

Many,many people I talk to has said they made a mistake with Obama and Connelly last time but they will not this time around.

Just let the head in the sand keep saying he will be behind as we know it is not true and election day we will have a new Congressman, Keith Fimian.

10. Senator Scott Brown (RINO) said on 6 Jul 2010 at 9:44 pm:

Cool video Greg!!!

11. Woodbridge said on 7 Jul 2010 at 9:13 am:

Keith Fimian is a completely different candidate than he was in ‘08, not to mention the “Obama wave” is not going to exactly help Connolly this time. He got booed at the Dale City parade for a reason. He’s been a terrible representative for the 11th District and his luck has run out. Keith will run circles around him!!!

12. Ishmael said on 7 Jul 2010 at 12:52 pm:

The Acorn-ites don’t know there’s an election in November, yet. Keep it quiet and Fimian will win.

13. Julie Lucas said on 7 Jul 2010 at 1:41 pm:

Greg, while I think it is great you are supporting Keith and that you thought I was a “great” candidate; I’m not really sure why you brought me up here. Since you did I think it is important to note that it was a 3-way race, not 2-way as you suggest. While you mention some of the things about my opponent, you may not realize that many did not read the Post article about him and that he published an illegal campaign flyer that said he was the “endorsed Democrat” in the race and put himself on a list with all the other Democrats who were actually endorsed in my district. This illegal flyer was put on voters doors in several of my precincts and was given out at the polls on Election Day. You also know I lived in one of the, if not the, most Democratic district in Prince William County. If you want to represent my true win percentage, yes, I won with 71% of the vote in a 3-way race. If you take out the third person who ran and only use the numbers of my opponent who you mention and mine, I would have won 82% to 18%. So if Keith won with over 82% then your statement about me would be correct. Since I’m in Florida now I’m not sure what Keith won PWC by.

14. Jim Bo said on 7 Jul 2010 at 2:49 pm:

yeah,

there is a big difference in having a town hall meeting in a gated community, and having one in a private home, with private invitees.

15. Disgusted said on 7 Jul 2010 at 5:09 pm:

Hope your right, Greg. All I’m saying is after that video, I felt like I’d taken a bite out of a rice cake. Its food, but there ain’t a lot there. Next time, do yourself and Fimian a favor and post something where he’s actually talking about the issues. Your mancrush is just a bit overplayed.

16. Dittyman8 said on 8 Jul 2010 at 1:06 am:

@ Jim Bo:

When exactly did I say anything about building a wall? I never said anything about building any kind of wall. You must be mistaking me for Gerry C, since he can’t defend his positions in public forum.

17. Groveton said on 9 Jul 2010 at 8:04 am:

Disgusted is right. The content of the video was lame. The primary is over. It’s time to face the overall electorate not a hyper-motivated conservative minority. I want to see Gerry C in the unemployment line. Unfortunately, commentary like that pictured in the video won’t get you there. Face the issues. The election is 3 1/2 months away. Time to end the platitudes.

Comparing the general election to the primary is pure nonsense. It’s time for Fimian to stop throwing his shoulder out of joint by patting himself on the back about the primary. Gerry C may be many deplorable things. However, he is also a very savvy politician. Keith Fimian can forget that at his own risk.