video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Gerry Connolly Gets More Love

By Greg L | 15 August 2010 | Gerry Connolly, Fairfax County, Prince William County | 22 Comments

Don’t those 11th District constituents love some of that Gerry Connolly?  I’ve never seen people putting up actual monuments to their representative in Congress before.

1. Anonymous said on 15 Aug 2010 at 7:10 pm:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
    AND I PRAY THAT HE GETS FLUSHED!!!!!
    I DON’T EVEN THINK WE’LL NEED A PLUNGER!

2. anon said on 15 Aug 2010 at 8:00 pm:

A really large POS usually requires a plunger.

3. Citizen12 said on 15 Aug 2010 at 8:27 pm:

Now there should be no more confusion when people shout “ Go Jerry, GO!”

Fantastic, appropriate and to the point. Seems to be within size limits and without a permanent foundation no zoning approval or permit required.

4. legal2 said on 15 Aug 2010 at 8:38 pm:

In the words of RahmE, “never let a (plumbing) crisis go to waste.” So to speak…

5. Dittyman8 said on 15 Aug 2010 at 8:52 pm:

Does anyone know how we can stop Gerry C. from abusing his franking previlige? It seems that every week, I get a letter from him which discusses “all the wonderful things he is doing for us.” To me, he is wasting tax payer funds. I can care less what he has to say, other than “I’m resigning” or “I’m dropping out of the race.” or “I’ve just called Keith Fimian to congradulate him on his victory.”

6. Yawning Wolf said on 15 Aug 2010 at 9:21 pm:

yes. turds should be flushed.

7. june bug said on 15 Aug 2010 at 10:13 pm:

Well this is bad about Connelly.

But it seems some notarity has gone to someones head and it doesn’t look good for some of our Repb

The newspaper has several articles on this today. J.Gray has been pulling the ears of some reporters and it looks as if yhey took him up on his info.

I have rerun the tape and looked at the agenda for Aug. 3rd. It does not look good.

8. Jim F. said on 15 Aug 2010 at 10:15 pm:

Does anyone have information about the DUI hit and run Connolly was allegedly involved in while on the Board of Supervisors of Fairfax County?

A Fairfax County cop was apparently pressured not to pursue charges. Would love to uncover more of the story.

9. G Man said on 16 Aug 2010 at 6:13 am:

What’s that great sucking sound?? It’s a million folks pulling the lever and away goes troubles down the drain.

10. Are You Serious! said on 16 Aug 2010 at 7:24 am:

Greg,

What’s up with this in the MJM today?!

“Prince William County, Va. - Individual supervisor budgets have become a hot topic among the board since a 5-to-3 vote in favor of a $712,000 increase to the supervisors’ office budgets last week. That breaks down to approximately $89,000 per office.”

And this!!!!

“Prince William County, Va. - Prince William Board of County Supervisors Chairman Corey A. Stewart was $7,500 over his office budget the past year.mmAccording to Stewart, a change in benefits for one of his staffers, as well as a necessary salary increase for another, necessitated the increase in spending during the fiscal year. Stewart, who had a $230,556 budget in fiscal 2010, employs three staff aides—one of whom received a $15,000 bump in salary.”

Stewart could take a good lesson form Speaker Howell and the GOP in the Virginia House of Delegates who led the effort in the House of Delegates to actually CUT their House budget while other people were loosing their jobs! And Stewart give somebody a 15K bump!!!!!!

Good grief, this is the kind of stuff Connelly does!!!!!!!

11. FED UP said on 16 Aug 2010 at 9:14 am:

anon said on 15 Aug 2010 at 8:00 pm: Flag comment
    A really large POS usually requires a plunger.

so true!

12. Nancy Pratt said on 16 Aug 2010 at 10:58 am:

This is too funny. Also so appropriate!!! Will be glad when he is flushed down the drain and we have a fiscal conservative to take his place. Go Fimian.

13. Mary said on 16 Aug 2010 at 6:03 pm:

Jim F, I can tell you that Gerry’s attorney was Rodney Leffler, the same attorney who represents the Fairfax Police Association. While I do not know what pressure may or may not have been put on Fairfax police not to pursue charges against Gerry, I do believe that favors get traded and or pressure is applied.

Rodney Leffler represented me for approximately 5 years when I was sued by a police officer. Shortly before my trial date, Rod Leffler dropped me as a client. I believe that happened due to the kind of influence we are discussing here as prior to this point Rod had told me on many occasions that I was a good client, cooperative and followed his advice. While the judge told Mr. Leffler to work it out with me, I felt compelled to seek new counsel. Ironically, just a short time after retaining new counsel a letter turned up in the case files turned over by Rod to my new attorney. It was a letter from the special prosecutor in the case which led to the lawsuit. The letter was to the officer who sued me citing problematic testimony he gave which would have caused me to make a public statement which led to the lawsuit. Rodney Leffler never made that evidence known to me and he never deposed the plaintiff on my behalf. It wasn’t long before my new attorney advised me that the plaintiff wished to drop the suit.

Of course, this was all a big political game at the tiime and water under the bridge now. But given that personal experience, I would have to say that it is quite likely there were some favors exchanged or pressure applied with regard to the charges against Gerry being dropped. On the other hand, it could have been a very bogus case against Gerry to begin with - Lord knows I know about those!

14. NoVA Scout said on 17 Aug 2010 at 12:14 am:

Is there a reason that this looks so Photo-shoppy?

15. K.O'toole said on 17 Aug 2010 at 2:32 pm:

NoVA - What…you’ve never seen a porcelain planter in anyone’s yard in Virginia?

16. NoVA Scout said on 17 Aug 2010 at 6:37 pm:

No, can’t say that I have, but I’m sure it happens. I was more focussed on the sign, however. Of course, Greg would never stoop to putting up a photo-shopped picture just to make some political point. He’s only done it a few times in the past year. And I’m sure it was always an accident.

17. Greg L said on 17 Aug 2010 at 8:45 pm:

Kiss my ass, NOVA, the picture is legit. How many angles of this do you want? I got at least three.

18. Freedom said on 18 Aug 2010 at 6:43 am:

…and besides, Nova…even if it WERE “photo-shopped,” that’s totally insignificant. The significance is in the concept…and in this case, clearly someone had a worn out toilet bowl to illustrate the concept. I think it’s a wonderful depiction.

19. NoVA Scout said on 18 Aug 2010 at 9:26 am:

Ah yes, toilet politics. Lovely. Very high concept, Freedom. We certainly do set high bars for ourselves.

20. NoVA Scout said on 18 Aug 2010 at 9:41 am:

Greg - I’ll decline your rather perverted invitation. Please don’t take offense. Just not my cup of tea. Nothing personal.

But, in fairness to your comment, perhaps I should consider the possibility that I have been conditioned, like Pavlov’s dogs, by past experience on this site. We’ve had such interesting photos as the alleged 2Is holding a sign demanding benefits and threatening to kill cops, and the gun enthusiast sign enticing burglars to invade the home of the next door neighbor. You have to admit you’ve exhibited either a penchant for these phony things, or at least the fact that you’re an extremely easy mark for hoaxes. There are also the photos taken in some context entirely different from the post to which they are attached, without explanation of the context (like Zapatistas in Mexico with a story that implies that the picture was taken on Davis Ford Road). So when I see a picture here, especially where the lettering looks a bit odd, I may lean toward a conclusion that isn’t valid. But I do take a hard look. It has just become habit. Maybe it you put up the address of the photo, we could all go take a look-see and have a good chuckle about it.

21. ... said on 18 Aug 2010 at 10:00 am:

The sign is made of multiple pieces of paper, that look to be 8.5 inches wide and printed in landscape mode, attached to a posterboard.

The lettering looks odd because it’s Courier font, which is not commonly used for signs. Rest assured, however, that someone proficient with Microsoft Word can create a sign like this, using multiple pages.

Once again, attention to detail.

22. ... said on 18 Aug 2010 at 10:04 am:

Also, if one word was too large to fit on a single page, it would be printed on two pages which would then need to be lined up as they were attached to the posterboard. Any misalignment of the pages would make it look “odd”, but that would simply be an artifact of the way the sign was constructed.

Views: 1914