More Crime At Day Laborer 7-11

By Greg L | 16 August 2010 | Illegal Aliens, Crime, Prince William County | 25 Comments

This wouldn’t happen to be the same 7-11 that allows illegal alien day laborers to solicit unlawful employment on their property now, would it?  It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen illegal aliens be day laborers during the day, and engage in gang activity and violent crime at night.

Attempted Robbery / Attempted Malicious Wounding

On August 13th at 9:39PM, police responded to the 7-11 located at 13990 Jefferson Davis Hwy in Woodbridge for a stabbing. The victim, a 28 year old man of Woodbridge, reported to police that he was approached by a man while in front of the 7-11. The man displayed a knife and demanded money. The victim was able to block stab attempts. The man was chased off by a witness. No injuries were reported

Lookout:

Hispanic male, between 17 and 20 years of age, 5’6” / 140lbs, thin build, black hair

Last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers

I pretty clearly recall a detective with the Gang Task Force talking about how edged weapons like knives and machetes are favored by gangs like MS-13.  Maybe it’s not gang related day laborers trying to stab 7-11 customers at a day laborer site, but it sure seems to fit the pattern…

1. Jim said on 16 Aug 2010 at 12:30 pm:

The police just need to have a ZERO policy for the loiters, just like the one they ENFORCE when several WHITE people stand around the SAME store….

2. Dittyman8 said on 16 Aug 2010 at 1:55 pm:

Jim:

That would be an interesting protest. Videotape the loitering of non-whites in front of the store with a date-stamp and then stage several white loiters in front of the same store and videotape the police reaction. Make life interesting for Sorry Charlie before he retires.

3. FED UP said on 16 Aug 2010 at 4:30 pm:

wow - looks like anti-bvbl has finally died! it’s about time!

they haven’t posted a new thread since February!!!

hip-hip-hooray!

ding dong, the witch(es) are dead!!!!!

Unless, of course, they come to the aid of this criminal……….

4. es_la_ley said on 16 Aug 2010 at 6:10 pm:

FED UP said on 16 Aug 2010 at 4:30 pm:

wow - looks like anti-bvbl has finally died! it’s about time!

They moved to a different URL. It’s posted on the first thread of the old site.

5. FED UP said on 17 Aug 2010 at 6:33 am:

es_la_ley said on 16 Aug 2010 at 6:10 pm:

thanks….oh well, it was wishful thinking and a few happy moments for me. I won’t be checking out the new URL.

6. VA_Magoo said on 17 Aug 2010 at 7:30 am:

7 adults 4 children living in a 3 bedroom house……
    I am sure that they are all “familia”, no?

I want to know who the landlord is, he should be brought up on charges of harboring illegal immigrants.

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii) goes on to state, “Encouraging and Harboring Illegal Aliens - It is a violation of law for any person to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection in any place, including any building or means of transportation, any alien who is in the United States in violation of law. HARBORING MEANS ANY CONDUCT THAT TENDS TO SUBSTANTIALLY FACILITATE AN ALIEN TO REMAIN IN THE U.S. ILLEGALLY. The sheltering need not be clandestine, and harboring covers aliens arrested outdoors, as well as in a building. This provision includes harboring an alien who entered the U.S. legally but has since lost his legal status.

7. Pendragon said on 17 Aug 2010 at 8:07 am:

It isn’t new. It’s been around about six months. It also is a different blog.

8. Anonymous said on 17 Aug 2010 at 12:14 pm:

I’ve experienced many instances with the illegals at this particular 7-11. In fact, I had one lovely man unzip his pants and show me his penis. I was taking pictures at the time and got a picture of it all. The illegals all around my car began rocking my car. When I called the police, I was given a hard time for taking pictures. The individual that exposed himself fled, but nothing happened to the remaining day laborers. The police simply do not want to enforce the law - for whatever reason and the massive amount of day laborers remain to this day at the 7-11.

9. Anonymous said on 17 Aug 2010 at 1:31 pm:

“US Justice Department issued a report on criminal aliens that were incarcerated in federal and state prisons and local jails. In the population study of 55,322 illegal aliens, researchers found that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests.” ” They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests. Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses.”

10. from public records said on 17 Aug 2010 at 1:58 pm:

Owner (Jan 1) GONZALEZ MANUEL GARCI & LUIS ALBERTO GARCIA
    Owner (Cur) GONZALEZ MANUEL GARCI & LUIS ALBERTO GARCIA
    Address
    1306 COLUMBIA RD
    WOODBRIDGE, VA
    Zip 22191

11. madmom said on 17 Aug 2010 at 4:28 pm:

I have always wanted to stage day laborers at that 7/11. If that was 30 black men, or 30 white men, they will most likely be shooed off that property. What happens
    if 30 women start standing there “waiting for work”? The police have gotten onto a slippery slope now that they won’t enforce our loitering laws against ALL people of ALL race. This shows that the Hispanic crowd gets special permission to break our laws because the longer they are there, the less the police can do. And yes, I said Hispanic, because that is the race that hangs out at the day labor camps.

12. NoVA Scout said on 17 Aug 2010 at 6:34 pm:

I used to do some day laboring at a Sunoco station not far from where I lived in my late teens, early twenties. It wasn’t such a bad thing. It was a very rare day that I didn’t pick up some work. If I was sick, or just didn’t feel like working, I didn’t bother. This was some time ago, in a galaxy far away, but there were immigrant day laborers there too. We were all pretty careful not to wear out our welcome. Our behavior was very good. We didn’t want to cause the owner of the station to have any reason not to let us gather there. He was a lovely man. Later, after I had studied economics at the university level, I had a greater appreciation at how beneficial that kind of labor supply can be in a free market. At the time, however, it was just a way to earn a day’s wages.

13. Cynic said on 17 Aug 2010 at 8:45 pm:

If one applies the classical economic definition of free market, it was not a free market.

One, the Sunoco station did not charge rent for providing place utility which means the day laborers were subsidized by the owner.

Two, if those hiring the laborers did not deduct for taxes and other mandatory fees leveled by the various level of government they were committing fraud. Under such circumstances, it certainly was not a level playing field.

14. Anonymous said on 18 Aug 2010 at 10:36 am:

VA_Magoo said on 17 Aug 2010 at 7:30 am: Flag comment

7 adults 4 children living in a 3 bedroom house……
    I am sure that they are all “familia”, no?

Fire dept. had not determined the cause of the fire according to the paper. The explosion that was heard in the basement just before the fire could have been from a propane grill or charcoal lighter being sprayed on a grill in the basement living quarters. Just a WAG!

15. Dave in PWC said on 19 Aug 2010 at 9:39 pm:

A bit off topic but I went up to Rhode Island this week for business and what a difference 450 miles makes. There were kids working in the super markets and restaurants and I could actually speak with them and they understood my English. It was so nice to see American kids, legal kids working at jobs and I didn’t have to order by the number or point to what I wanted on the menu like I have to do here. The housekeepers at the Hotel I stayed at all spoke English well. It was so refreshing. Americans are doing the jobs that illegals do here in Virginia.

16. Scout said on 20 Aug 2010 at 6:02 am:

you seem to equate ability to speak English passablyt with legal immigration status. Housekeepers and waiters who are recent legal immigrants can have issues with English. There are large numbers of illegal immigrants in this country from Ireland. They speak English better than many natives. Your overall point may be valid - that there are fewer illegal Hispanic immigrants 400 miles north of here. But you can’t accurately make that judgement by assessing English language ability.

17. Cynic said on 20 Aug 2010 at 9:52 am:

Post by Dave on my screen does not mention anything about “illegal Hispanic immigrants”. I did not see the word “Hispanic” in the post.

Country of origin is irrelevant. Illegal is illegal. Scum that should not be in this Country.

18. Dave in PWC said on 20 Aug 2010 at 2:41 pm:

Scout,

I said nothing about spanish or hispanic. I’m talking about kids working and you know how I could pretty much tell they were most likely legal? They have the Rhode Island accent that I grew used to when I lived there for 17 years. Illegals usually don’t get that accent while living in a house where a language other than Rhode Islandese is spoken.

It was so nice to see kids out working jobs so they could get a head start on responsibility and having to budget their time as well as learning that money doesn’t grow on trees and all that good stuff. I even had a young man come out and wash my windshield even though I was in the self service lane and was filling my gas tank myself.

And to answer your question about Irish illegals, if I would have gone to downtown Newport and had a drink or three I’m sure I would have encountered an Irish bartender who might or might not be illegal, but I would most likely have been able to tell by his or her accent that “y’all aren’t from around here are ya?” In the 17 years I lived around Newport never did I see in the newspaper one incident of an Irishman raping a 6 or 8 or 10 year old girl or boy like I have in the five years I’ve lived around Manassas. Driving while intoxicated is a different story but the steets are so narrow there that there were not many fatalities, usually just a car driving into another car or the side of a building…

19. Freedom said on 21 Aug 2010 at 11:30 am:

While we ignore US immigration law…excusing illegal alien by illegal alien…giving amnesty to another 12 million, again and again…inch by inch, we become a third-world nation just like those that the illegal aliens have fled. In so doing, we sacrife for our children and grandchildren what we and our ancestors have for so long enjoyed. It is so sad to see the thirst for political power slowly but steadily ruin our country. :(

20. Cynic said on 21 Aug 2010 at 5:39 pm:

Freedom,

Twelve million? Some - who say they are more honest - say the number is 20 million illegals. I would say that those who say 20 are trying to more honest but that they are not accurate. Would not be surprised if the number is more like 30 million or more (illegals).

But, as many others and you say, we continue on the path to third world nation status or like Michael Savage likes to say - turd word nation status.

And all this has happened because roughly half of us are a nation of sheep and the other half is not paying attention. Thus, we have allowed the liberals, lefties, socialists, communists, and both their active and passive supporters to implement - whether by illegal or legal administrative edicts, laws, judicial rulings, and radical changes to our cultural mores - policies that have taken us down the road to both economic and social destruction. Other than that, things are fine!

21. NoVA Scout said on 23 Aug 2010 at 5:29 am:

The more the merrier, eh, Cynic? Where does 30 million come from? Is it just a number that you like because it’s a lot bigger than 12 million?

It’s widely acknowledged to be a difficult number to estimate, but 12 million was the number widely viewed to be order of magnitude correct a couple of years ago. The inward flow is much diminished and many visa overstayers have gone home. These impacts are partly because of the decline in the economy during this recession and partly because of the significant increase in border security efforts imposed by the current Administration. The number I have seen recently that seems to have some official acceptance is around 10 million. Still a large number (unacceptably so, in my view), but on the decline. If the economy were to come roaring back, the number would inevitably increase, no matter how much money and personnel the Obama Administration throws at the southern border.

22. Cynic said on 23 Aug 2010 at 11:58 pm:

NoVA Scout,

Illegals.
    The source of that 10 million “guess” comes from Homeland Security, and, of course, who in their right mind would ever question the objectivity and honesty of Homeland Security!

Thirty million. Well I remember reading about an estimated that stated 4 million illegals crossed our borders in a year. Do not remember the exact year, but if 4 million illegals entered each year since 2,000 then for the 10 year period - 2,000 - 2009, 40 million entered - illegally. And, am certain that they missed the count on just a few illegals crossing the borders. Of course, for a net number, we have to subtract the few deportations and those few who left voluntarily, if any!

23. Anonymous said on 24 Aug 2010 at 5:03 pm:

“…three-page ICE memo was made public this week by a research organization dedicated to studying immigration issues. Even police departments that participate in the local-federal partnership known as 287(g) will be prohibited from apprehending or reporting an illegal alien in the course of a traffic stop. Federal agents will be forbidden from issuing what’s known as an immigration detainer unless the illegal alien has committed a separate criminal violation.
    Morton is implementing the new measure in response to the “many concerns” of immigration enforcement critics (i.e. open borders, La Raza movement) who believe local police abuse their authority to arrest “innocent” illegal aliens in order to have them deported. That’s according to an ICE political appointee who discourages cooperation between local and federal authorities.

Never mind that local police across the country regularly encounter unlicensed illegal immigrants operating unsafe vehicles, smuggling other undocumented aliens or plotting serious crime sprees. Two of the 9/11 hijackers (Ziad Jarrah and Nawaf al-Hazmi) had been stopped for speeding by police in separate states but were not detained even though they were in the U.S. illegally.”

“innocent” illegal aliens. WTH.

24. Cynic said on 25 Aug 2010 at 11:11 am:

Let’s start a movement to pass a constitutional amendment that gives citizens the right to become honorary illegals with all the rights that have been bestowed to and are being realized by actual illegals.

25. Jenn said on 9 Jan 2011 at 6:28 am:

I found this blog today and I really like it.

I live and work within walking distance of the 7-11 mentioned in this article. I walk home past the store, and the day laborers 5 days a week. About a year ago, I started calling PWP anytime I saw people loitering outside the store. I also called several time when I pass and saw men publicly urinating at the back of the building. Ive also contacted the 7-11 franchise WITH photos I took from across the street ( at the 5 guys restaurant) with at least 20 loiters in each frame. Nothing seems to help. The area around the store has even recently been ” de-landscaped” of all large bushes and felled trees to make it even more barren, but yet there they stand- every day. I cant tell you the number of times Ive been cat called, almost run over by a mob trying to get to a incoming moving van, or simply had to step OUT into the street ( onto Prince William Parkway) to walk around the mob of men standing on the corner.

Currently, the manager/ owner of the 7-11 has one of those ” mosquito” noise makers that is supposed to dispurse crouds by its annoying peircing sound, but so far I think all its done in the past 6 months is damage my hearing as I walk by the store on the way home.

Ive personally spoken with the manager/owner. I used to stop in the store on my way home and he saw me one day and asked why I didnt come in anymore. I explained to him that I didnt like his policy of allowing the day laborers to loiter on his lot, and he made some excuse about ” well, I call the police, but they just come back”.

This year, I have decided that anytime I see a vehicle engaging these day laborers, I will take their plate numbers and call PWP and report them. If I see them in a rental van, I will also call the rental van company and inform them that their vehicle is being used for illegal activity, and that it is being reported to the police as well.