Fimian Leads Connolly In Poll

By Greg L | 29 September 2010 | Keith Fimian, Gerry Connolly, US Congress | 24 Comments

Not sure what to make of this poll by ccAdvertising, but it has Fimian leading Connolly 42%-37% with 21% undecided.  Connolly isn’t releasing his internal polling which suggests this is at least close, so perhaps this isn’t off the mark.  With a pretty substantial number of undecideds, which tend to break for the challenger in an election cycle like this one, the Fimian campaign has to be feeling pretty good about the job they’re doing and their chances in November.

Still, Connolly has a pretty big money advantage and the campaign is really only just now heating up.  Unless you — yes you behind the keyboard right now — dig into your wallet and help Keith out, that financial advantage could end up letting Connolly pull this one out.  Help keep the momentum going and donate what you can today.  Even a little bit makes a big difference!

1. Brian L. said on 29 Sep 2010 at 6:44 am:

Gerry is also helped by the hordes of mindless zombies in Fairfax County that vote for anything with a (D) after its name, sadly. It’s an uphill battle all around, but I’m cautiously optimistic that the widespread voter rage against the current majority in Congress will push our frog-like corruptocrat right out of office.

Regards,
    Brian

2. Just the Facts said on 29 Sep 2010 at 8:40 am:

I supported Pat Herrity in the primary but am 100% behind Keith now. If Connolly gets reelected this November, Republicans will have virtually no chance of winning this seat in the future. I don’t see any election being more favorable to Republicans than 2010, and in 2012 Connolly would be running as a two-term incumbent. Whether you backed Pat or Keith in the primary, it’s critical for all of us to get out and support Keith now.

We can’t get rid of Obama until 2012 but we can elect a Congress this November that can stop him from doing any more damage to our nation and economy.

3. Casanova Frankenstein said on 29 Sep 2010 at 9:33 am:

Brian,

Bob McDonnell carried the 11th and he carried all of Fairfax County just last year. There’s hope yet!

4. Dump Ds said on 29 Sep 2010 at 11:07 am:

Remember the 11th will be re-districted in 2011. But I hope Keith does win…he has worked hard. But if he drops this one, he’s done…2x defeats are not a good bet.

5. G Man said on 29 Sep 2010 at 11:54 am:

Folks this thread is asking you to do more than hope or be optimistic. It’s about ponying up some bucks to demonstrate your support. I certainly agree with your reasons why supporting Keith is important, but have backed that up with a recent contribution to Fimian that was more than I have ever given to ANY candidate. So lets hear of your financial actions that help make those hopes and dreams come true.

6. Jack said on 29 Sep 2010 at 2:03 pm:

I gave $200! Can you match that?

7. Just the Facts said on 29 Sep 2010 at 2:36 pm:

G Man and Jack are right. One member of my family was laid off and is still unemployed, and we’re struggling financially. However, I sent Keith a contribution (would have liked to have done more) and have not reduced my financial support of my church. We must all stretch to enable change and keep the institutions that matter to us strong.

8. G Man said on 29 Sep 2010 at 2:40 pm:

That’s great Jack! I’m sure any amount is appreciated. If I had given more would you match that amount?

9. Rudi said on 29 Sep 2010 at 5:09 pm:

10. legal2 said on 29 Sep 2010 at 7:26 pm:

“Voting for Gerry is Scary!”

11. The Donkey said on 29 Sep 2010 at 8:41 pm:

“Rudi said on 29 Sep 2010 at 5:09 pm:

Connolly took Saudi money while he was on the Board, and proceeded to vote in favor of the Islamic Saudi Academy.”

Sounds scary, huh?

He actually took money from Qorvis, a public relations firm, which handles, among many other clients, George Washington’s Mount Vernon.

Poor Rudi: I’ll bet haloween can’t come soon enough for you!

12. Gnarly said on 29 Sep 2010 at 10:13 pm:

Polls, scmolls (sp?)……they all win this year. The Dems HAVE NO IDEA about the wave that’s coming. 11 Pick-ups in the US Senate….47 in the House!! It’s a done deal.

13. Disgusted said on 30 Sep 2010 at 5:10 am:

Don’t count your chickens yet. The same area that voted for McDonnell also voted for Connoly, Obama, Kane and Warner. House? Maybe. Senate? Not gonna happen. Of similar interest to Connolly/Fimian is Morgan Griffith’s run against Rick Boucher.

14. Dump Ds said on 30 Sep 2010 at 9:05 am:

The Senate may be just out of reach….House will be GOP. And they better darn get at it or they’ll be history too.

15. Jack said on 30 Sep 2010 at 9:22 am:

Just for the record, listing my donation was just trying to put a little healthy competition into the Fimian donation conversation. I will try to give a bit more before November. Whether you give more or less, contributing to the defeat of Connolly is what is important. Everyone should donate what they can afford and no more.

16. Rudy said on 30 Sep 2010 at 2:12 pm:

Donkey - So using an intermediary to funnel the money makes it ok? I guess the rules are different for democrats. He knew where the money was coming from, and he had a conflict of interest when he voted. He refused to return the money.

17. Larry G said on 1 Oct 2010 at 1:32 pm:

I live in the 1st District and am pleased to have Rob Wittman as my Representative. However I operate a small business out of the 11th District, where I get first-hand exposure to the effects of Gerry Connolly and his attitude toward small business owners. While I can’t vote for Keith Fimian, I can contribute money to his campaign. I strongly encourage the voters of the 11th District to fire Gerry and hire Keith on November the 2d.

18. Anonymous said on 1 Oct 2010 at 3:55 pm:

Was also a Herrity supporter, but I am behind Fimian 100%. I agree with Just the Facts.

19. BattleCat said on 2 Oct 2010 at 9:11 am:

It should be pretty simple to remind 11th district folks of Bucky the Beaver’s voting record. Independent…good Lord. Gerry Connolly is essentially one of Pelosi’s lap-dogs.

20. June Smith said on 4 Oct 2010 at 4:38 am:

During the last elections, several websites posted a candidate’s voting record by issue, with a grade by each issue. I’ve not been able to find the candidates 2010 score card” though I’m sure its out there somewhere.

I have however found vote smart, which is handy tool to learn where the candidates REALLY stand on the issues, based on their voting records and and bills sponsored.

Unlike you in the 11th district, you have a strong candidate who represents your views on the issues. I unfortunately am in Moran’s district (8th) - though an active member of RetireJimMoran.com. We have no strong candidates and I fear Moran will walk away with the votes again.

J. Patrick Murray (R), is new on the scene and no one really knows that much about him other than his website which is vague, with no reference at all about immigration and employment laws enforcement. NOTE: in Fairfax county, many (R) candidates , have been advised to avoid immigration, deemed a political hot button and vote killer. Herrity took this advice seriously during the Centreville shopping center day labor center dispute, and after his public comment “we are all immigrants,” his popularity plummeted. Apparently, Murray is also following this advice as there is NOTHING on his website about illegal immigration

More than a week ago, I left a voice mail, and sent an email to Murray - neither he nor his staff has yet to respond, however, I am on the active mail list for contribution solicitations.

On votesmart.com, he adds to the mystery by refusing to respond to votesmart.com when asked for general candidate information. Votesmart.com reports: “refused to tell citizens where he/she stands on any of the issues addressed in the 2010 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests from Vote Smart, national media, and prominent political leaders.”

Doe anyone have any information about Murray and the 2010 scorecard? Thanks for any input

21. Joe Doc said on 4 Oct 2010 at 11:26 am:

Voted for Herrity, now I’m voting for Fimian. And putting out signs as often as possible.

22. Victoria DeLacy said on 19 Oct 2010 at 7:58 am:

I’m very glad to make ‘phone banking calls for Keith from home and am looking forward to calling him my Congressman shortly. It’s wonderful to have someone who is 100% pro-life to get behind for success this year in Virginia!

23. Tom K. said on 19 Oct 2010 at 10:45 pm:

Hard to vote for any republican these days. Republican points of view include:
    (1) teaching creationism instead of evolution( Candidate O’Donnell),
    (2) only adding 4 million to health insurance rolls {instead of 32 Million–Democrat bill signed into law} Leader Boehner),
    (3) only persons crossing into US from Mexico are drug users and drug smugglers (Senator McCain),
    (4) denying citizenship to children born in USA of parents who were foreign born (Senator Graham),
    (5) claiming that our government is too large without specifying either where to cut or the impact of such cuts (most republicans),
    (6) denying rights to gays and lesbians that the rest of us take for granted (signigicant number of republicans),
    (7)persons accepting welfare benefits are cheaters while persons with extremely large incomes earn every penny (Minority Whip Cantor),
    (8) federal regulations need to be abolished wily nily without determining the impact on public health, environment etc. (many republicans),
    (9) Our President is a Muslin and is foreign born (many republicans),
    (10) health insurance reform establishes death panels,
    (11) denying a woman’s right to terminate a pregnancy yet encouraging our governent officials to murder someone who has been convicted of a capital offense (many republicans).

I have voted for republican candidates in the past and hope to again, but don’t find any right now.

Thanks,

24. chris c said on 30 Oct 2010 at 8:31 pm:

So murdering millions of innocents beats a few hundred murderers? The mindset of Tom K is alarming.