The Krystal Ball Post Comes Down

By Greg L | 12 October 2010 | Virginia Politics, Blogs, US Congress | 14 Comments

The Krystal Ball story has generated so much national attention that the availability of this server has been terribly compromised.  While it’s nice to get attention from far and wide, BVBL isn’t done for a national audience.  There are plenty of other places where items of national interest can be found, and the vast majority of those are done by folks who are better writers, have redundant server infrastructure that can weather a good slashdotting, and pay full-time attention to what’s going on on their site and with their servers.  I just can’t handle the management effort and all this traffic (sometimes reaching over 200,000 hits a day) so I reluctantly have to take down the Krystal Ball story.

That by no means should imply that story isn’t worthy of attention or for any reason should be kept from the public.  Krystal Ball’s consistent behavior and publicly stated positions clearly put her at odds with the values and convictions of a vast majority of residents in the 1st Congressional District of Virginia.  That one of the clearest examples of these convictions and patterns of behavior is revealed from pictures taken six years ago where dresses up some guy with a dildo strapped to his nose and thinks it’s cute to fellate the thing on camera is happenstance.  Anyone attending her puppet show fundraiser in New York City earlier this election cycle generally witnessed the same behavior.  Anyone perusing her public record quickly discovers her approval for all sorts of perversions as a public policy matter.  The pictures demonstrate a pattern of behavior, and a pattern that definitely is inconsistent with the kind of Congressional representation the 1st District deserves.

So it’s been fun to get all sorts of traffic from people who won’t likely ever come back to read BVBL, I have to let others run with this story and take down the Krystal Ball post.  The pictures aren’t available here anymore since I can’t possibly host ten photos demonstrating Krystal Ball’s personal convictions about posing for pictures with sex toys, and photobucket banned my account after I uploaded the photos there and linked to them.  I probably could manage to fight through the issue and find hosting for them, but that still leaves me with gobs of incoming web traffic I just can’t handle.

I’ll be back to discuss Krystal Ball, without enticing readers with pictures of Krystal Ball acting like someone from “Girls Gone Wild” however.  If photos like that happen to show up again, I’ll make sure they find a place to be, somewhere that can handle the web traffic and be a more reliable host for getting the story out.  I just can’t do that, but I can continue to shine the light on this horrible candidate, hopefully for an audience that is eligible to cast a ballot in that race.

UPDATE: Now that Krystal Ball has embarked on a new career as a television pundit claiming to be a “democratic strategist” and given that the firestorm has died down, it seems appropriate to re-enable the post.  People should know about her qualifications in this role.

1. Anonymous said on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:05 pm:

Why do i get the feeling these pics were her own october surprise creation

2. Greg L said on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:20 pm:

A candidate leaking pictures of herself putting her mouth on a sex toy attached to someone’s nose would be a novel campaign strategy, to say the least. Sort of a “Vote for me, I know what to do with a rubber penis” kind of strategy?

Gosh, what kind of (insane) person would seriously consider that?

3. Lenny said on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:25 pm:

Sounds exactly like something Krystal Ball would come up with…

4. Get Bullwinkle! said on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:58 pm:

You want photos? Here they are:

Click here to open the gallery.

5. DPortM said on 13 Oct 2010 at 5:36 am:

You should have heard Rush Limbaugh yesterday afternoon trying to describe the Rudolph reindeer nose yesterday on his radio show. It was hilarious! He spent a good 15 minutes on Krystal Ball yesterday.

6. es_la_ley said on 13 Oct 2010 at 6:30 pm:

Bah! You are a very good writer Greg!

7. USA said on 14 Oct 2010 at 5:29 am:

“Vote for me, I know what to do with a rubber penis” kind of strategy?

Gosh, what kind of (insane) person would seriously consider that?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Uhhh, Obama’s constituency? Frank’s constituency? Larry Craig’s inner circle?

Problem is, our government is over run with these degenerates. Solution is to stop them before they get entrenched.

Thanks for helping to get that ball rolling.

8. Spank That Donkey said on 14 Oct 2010 at 9:48 am:

Thank God no one leaks photos of barney frank’s parties… come to think of it, wonder if that guy is on barney’s….staff?

9. ChrisPlyem said on 15 Oct 2010 at 9:03 am:

A large pert of why American politics is so disgusting is because we’ve been brainwashed to believe that only pure Christian and Catholic wholesome people can ever be a part of a real solution to make life better for people in this country. These same “pure people” who are already in the Public Sector have more disgusting lives and histories than this Krystal Ball woman. No, I’m not a voter in your district, I don’t know anything about her, or her viewpoints, or whether she’d be good for the region you’re in. If she’s no good for you all, then by all means trumpet it to the Heavens. The issue I have is the method to show your disagreement to her candidacy. Actually, I get to witness even messier character assassinations in my geographically beautiful state of New York. I say “geographically” because there’s absolutely nothing beautiful about the politicians here - Democrat OR Republican. They’re a mess, just like the “leaders” in Washington D.C. They lie, steal, vote for their own benefit and make vast sums of money off the backs of the people of the state. THAT Mr. Greg is the real problem in politics. Not the fact that a woman performs fake oral on her husbands Halloween costume. You, making this such a big deal, simply distracts from the actual political stance she may have. It’s called “Character Assassination” and it’s wrong. Debate and display her actual political failures or successes and keep it to that. Or, if you really believe that character assassination is the way to go, then give equal time to your favorite politicians. I guarantee that if you dig into any of them you’ll find they too have sex lives, and parties, and drink and steal and beat their wives and mistresses and go to fancy dinners on YOUR tax paying dime. You’ll likely have so much to write about, that you’ll need to quit your full time job and blog dirt all day long. Then, you’ll be able to afford a better server, and greater bandwidth and actually host the pictures of the filth you find on your squeaky clean conservative representatives and candidates.

Thanks for the opportunity to post to this blog.

10. ChrisPlyem said on 15 Oct 2010 at 9:05 am:

Forgive my misspellings. I did a poor job of proof reading!

11. James Young said on 15 Oct 2010 at 11:16 am:

‘Splains why it’s not been loading in recent days.

12. Nope said on 18 Oct 2010 at 5:34 pm:

hmmm, or was it the threat of a lawsuit?

13. freedom said on 21 Oct 2010 at 3:10 pm:

All you repressed reppies took great glee in looking at the epics. Sorry is wasn’t a gay thing for your pleasure.

14. Freedom said on 23 Oct 2010 at 8:13 am: