video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Classic Manassas Park

By Greg L | 14 January 2011 | Manassas Park, Humor & Satire | 29 Comments

Too Funny.  Only in Manassas Park…

H/T: InsideNova

1. Anonymous said on 14 Jan 2011 at 9:03 pm:

Whew,funny,almost cried I laughed so hard

2. Jack said on 15 Jan 2011 at 10:32 am:

Well, at least it wasn’t MANASSES.

3. Anonymous said on 15 Jan 2011 at 1:23 pm:

No car # or plate? Sorry, it’s funny and looks good but I call fake…

4. citizenofmanassas said on 15 Jan 2011 at 5:17 pm:

I guess they use the same company as the Natinals.

5. Maureen said on 16 Jan 2011 at 6:51 pm:

Reminder: Gang Prevention Summit at Manassas Boys & Girls Club, Dean Park Lane. 6-8 Monday January 17th. I encourage everyone to come

6. Former Officer said on 17 Jan 2011 at 6:31 am:

I also agree. It’s a fake.

7. Anonymous said on 17 Jan 2011 at 11:14 am:

FAKE!

8. Anonymous said on 17 Jan 2011 at 12:30 pm:

The last ’s’ is not even lined up that well.

9. Anonymous said on 17 Jan 2011 at 12:30 pm:

It is not a fake I saw it in person that is why you are a former officer. No attention to detail. (or maybe stealling cars)ha

10. Greg L said on 17 Jan 2011 at 8:45 pm:

Pretty darned convincing fake, if it is one. Good enough to not only fool the Manassas News & Messenger, but apparently the MPPD which had to send a squad car to the detail shop this week, from what I heard.

Pretty good fake, if you ask me.

11. mpcinsider said on 18 Jan 2011 at 7:14 am:

I would say not. I have seen temporary closings sings they post on Manassas drive with incorrect spelling errors. It seems that the city does not care about how well educated their workforce is. Maybe it is time we just shut down the city for about two weeks and have a spelling review. Al the least it will save the city some money. God knows the city is running on fumes anyway. It is only a matter of time before we see more cuts coming. Ain’t that right MAYOR!!!!

12. mpcinsider said on 18 Jan 2011 at 8:53 am:

signs >sings

13. Amused said on 19 Jan 2011 at 2:05 pm:

seems like others need spell check as well on here (mpcinsider) “Al the least it will sace the city some money.”

14. Amused said on 19 Jan 2011 at 2:06 pm:

yes, I do as well HA ! sace = save

15. Pigpen said on 19 Jan 2011 at 9:12 pm:

FYI… the temporary closing signs are usually posted on LED message boards which have a very limited number of characters, usually 6-8 per line and 3-4 lines per screen.
    I program these signs in a neighboring county and spellings are often abbreviated so that the message is delivered in 1 screen if possible, 2 at the most for traffic safety reasons. When we write a line that reads FFX DR EXIT CLSD, it’s not because we “forgot” the other letters or because we can’t spell Fairfax. But then, we don’t usually get these kind of /questions/comments from FFX CTY CTZNS ETHR…just sayin….

16. mpcinsider said on 20 Jan 2011 at 6:41 am:

I am sorry but the public works closes down park of the parking on Manassas drive they do miss spell words on temporary paper signs. BTW I got my education at MP that is why I have trouble with grammar.

17. mpcinsider said on 20 Jan 2011 at 6:49 am:

The lack of professionalism at the rec center lead to this. hey Black Velvet you need to dig deeper here. I know for a fact that the Rec center does not always follow protocol and that is from the top down. Maybe it is time to call for the directors head.

18. Former Officer said on 20 Jan 2011 at 8:52 am:

You really have no clue who I am but I will say I’ve never worked for MPPD.

“Amused said on 19 Jan 2011 at 2:05 pm: Flag comment

Former Officer ! HaHa do we really want to take a shot as to WHO this person is ?”

19. mptruth said on 20 Jan 2011 at 4:48 pm:

This must be why Theresa Poll quit. I bet she wanted to let parents know and they tied her hands.
    MORETTA MUST GO!

20. mptruth said on 20 Jan 2011 at 6:03 pm:

Crowhurst too

21. anonymous said on 23 Jan 2011 at 2:02 pm:

You can bet MANY wont renew membership. I will send my kids
    to Freedom center for camp too. This place is closing down! END OF STORY. Why this was not posted on here as a thread is a?I have also. Why so many do not push this story?

22. mpcinsider said on 26 Jan 2011 at 9:02 am:

I wonder how much insurance the city of MP has and if their insurance rates will go up after this. I hope the young girl gets a lot of therapy and continue for a long time. This is something a person cannot make it go away. So that being said I see about 7 figure settlement coming down with and extensions of payment for therapy until this girl will no longer need it. Let see how fast our taxes go up to cover for a MP employee bad behavior. I bet people will stop sending their kids to extendicare.

23. Anonymous said on 27 Jan 2011 at 6:32 am:

Someone should look at recent promotions at the police deptartment.

24. mpcinsider said on 27 Jan 2011 at 8:22 am:

Anonymous I see that MP has yet to learn their lesson. What a shame I see another lawsuit coming real soon.

25. J Lewis said on 28 Feb 2011 at 11:00 pm:

You know what’s funny…..ther have been a number of recent promotions within that is just ignorant. THe City of Manassas Park is blind, but I can tewll you for sure….the police department today is a JOKE. Chief Evans has lost sight of what needs to happen and what should happen…for example;

Mahor Goodwin, well congrats on your promotion…..do you widh to share with us why you were released from Prince William County after all those years? The years too young still I guess, maybe those emails are floating aroung out there to faculty and the the students, or how you “really” felt about hat PWC Police Captain?

Reinahrt and Lugo…Captains? SERIOUSLY? Reinhart, should we check with the Winchester County Sheriff’s office, to see what REALLY happened. Lugo, team of the year…..just becuase you brought some good media and money to the station, well heck, let just promote them all….

Well…maybe you did, such as Sergeant Helbert, who has been with every agency in Northern VA, was threatening to leave, so you promoted him???

Sergeant Boorman?? Let’s not forget her acts of indiscrection wiht current and former Captains….hows that feel Captain Reinhart?

You see folks, its a constant turn table, Evans will probably bail out soon because well, he cant handle pressure. Goodwin will probable be chief and well then you can kiss Prince William County’s assistance good-bye, I mean for heaven sake, Goodwin has been “No Trespassed” form County property when he was dismissed from their department.

If Manassas City wants anything to do with the Park, well, the’re nuts.

This is our tax dollars citizens…and NO I am not afraid to hide behind who I am am….feel free to email me at jwlewis@globaltron.com

26. Travis Mosher said on 28 Feb 2011 at 11:20 pm:

Anonynous, I don’t know who you are but I am not afraid to hide behind a fake name. I served the City of Manassas Park well….with my life and my soul. I was willing to take a bullet for the very people I swore to protect, maybe even you perhaps. Whether I arrested you or not. The bible says, there is no greater love of man than that of whom is willing to sacfrifice his own life.

This is not a job…it is a calling. You can ridicule all you want and its accepted; as you have that right. That right, which so many are willing to sacrifice their lives for. If you have something to say to me….former CAPTAIN TRAVIS MOSHER, (who you may think has the screen name former officer) say it to me, not someone hiding behind a false name.

From day one, I accpeted full responsibility for my actions, and I have paid the consequences. So challenge me, not Manassas Park, for Mayor Jones and Chief Evans have been eternal life mentors for me.

And for the rest of this bull about promotions and what not. Chief Evans has brought many great things to this City, he has surpassed the expecations as Chief of Police. It has been my great honor to serve under him and Major Mathews.

I don’t know what is accurate these days, but if in fact Dean Goodwin, who was a Captain when I served, if he is now the Major, I am sure he earned it. Do not judge someone on their past, for it is with the heart of daniel and solomon, that we pay tribute to our lord Jesus.

Dean, I wish you the best and hope you can carry the true legacy of the deparmtent forward, one of honor, dedication and committment to the public which we serve.

Chief Evans, you are an icon in the City, one which I inspired to be, I am sorry I let you down. I know things happen for a reason and I am eternally gratelful for all the God has done for me.

For the rest of the staff…..stand tall, serve proudly, be proud of who you are, for you never know who’s lives you impact daily.

May the good Lord bless you each and every day as you keep out streets safe.

God Bless,
    Travis Mosher

27. mpcinsider said on 1 Mar 2011 at 10:13 am:

What we have here is two tales. One of bitterness and the other one of loyalty to the community. It seems to me maybe both have a place. I can’t see everything in MP, but I do have many allies in many departments of MP. We all know the city is treading water, but everyone turns a blind eye to that.

It has been report in the Washington Post a good article about MP schools http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/27/AR2011022703790.html.

I support all aspect of MP schools and would rather pay to see teachers work hard for their students and yes there are some that don’t, but I have talked to all the principles about the quality of the education. The city council would rather cut the school budget than city hall’s budget. MP can lease the service of police and fire departments of PWC for both services and/or lease our new police department to PWC for exchange of service. The same can be said about the fire department. That would save money in the budget for other services. Has any of the new council members asked for a full accounting practice of the Rec center and how it is losing money?

28. mpcinsider said on 3 Mar 2011 at 1:36 pm:

On 3/7 a meeting about MP budget will be discuss. Give the Mayor a piece of your mind. We must make sure MP schools had enough money to educate our kids without cutting pay for teachers.

29. morgan said on 7 Jan 2012 at 1:56 am:

been away from BVBL for awhile. i come back and find this hilarious story.

sounds legit to me. lived there almost 12 years. the entire time it was like an old keystone cops episode…lol.