And Tito Munoz Is In

By Greg L | 17 January 2011 | Prince William County | 13 Comments

So the guy who is on record for saying that Corey Stewart somehow “injected hatred” into the Rule of Law Resolution has officially filed his paperwork to challenge Chairman Corey Stewart for the Republican nomination, according to InsideNova.  This should be pretty interesting.  While there’s a lot about Tito I like and respect, he sure has an uncanny ability to say the most bizarre things when it comes to protecting (or not) the community from the effects of illegal immigration.

This is sure going to be a strange election cycle with the mercurial Bob Weir and the occasionally unfathomable Tito Munoz trying to unseat Corey Stewart, but as Coach McGinty in “The Replacements” remarked, it’s sure going to be fun to watch.  Bloggers like me couldn’t hope for more.

UPDATE: Apparently the News & Messenger was wrong, and have retracted the story.  The bizarrity just gets more bizarre.

1. Tom Jarvis said on 18 Jan 2011 at 12:08 am:

I don’t like that someone so closely tied to developers is running. Seems to me he would have a strong financial interest in a lot of rezonings going through. I will not support him.

2. I'm just saying... said on 18 Jan 2011 at 8:24 am:

I have disagreed with Chairman Stewart occasionally; however, I recognize his contributions to Prince William County and will certainly support his future plans. The “down side” of a potential Senate run is the possibility of Weir or Tito actually getting nominated. I couldn’t vote for either of them. Who else is out there?

3. O. P. Ditch said on 18 Jan 2011 at 8:45 am:

This VPAP And N&M report is not correct. From a very good source.

4. O. P. Ditch said on 18 Jan 2011 at 8:52 am:

Ref:
    Facebook:
    Deborah Bornstein Munoz
    This article is false. Tito will be running, but not for this position. Nice photo though!
    ‎’Tito the Builder’ running for Prince William chairman
    www2.insidenova.com
    The man known as “Tito the Builder” during the 2008 John McCain presidential election campaign will be doing some campaigning of his own this summer….

5. Lloyd the Idiot said on 18 Jan 2011 at 8:55 am:

Ironically enough, Munoz appears to have temper issues, threatening Loudoun Insider when he criticized Munoz’s wife’s comments on a blog. Not the demeanor I want in any party official.

6. OPDitch said on 18 Jan 2011 at 9:19 am:

guess not, but I guess you can’t copy and paste? ok
    so see Facebook entry by Debbie Munoz if you can find it.

7. Steve Thomas said on 18 Jan 2011 at 9:25 am:

If the method of nomination is a convention, this will be very fun to watch. Stewart and Munoz both have a conservative base to pull from, and I am not sure it’s the same base. If the TEA Party decides to play here, I’m thinking they break for Munoz. Both have ties to developers, but while this may matter less in a convention. Weir, small base to draw from, and a reputation of being combative. I’d put his odds at a distant third.

8. OPDitch said on 18 Jan 2011 at 9:43 am:

Steve, Tito is NOT running against Corey. Believe me. They just posted on facebook.

9. Steve Thomas said on 18 Jan 2011 at 10:41 am:

OP,

I just saw an update at insidenova.com. Tito is not running for Chairman of BOCS at this time. Wonder who entered the info at VPAP?

10. anon2 said on 18 Jan 2011 at 12:31 pm:

The fools at Moonrantings will be disappointed. They put him at first place for the Republican nomination!

11. Steve Thomas said on 18 Jan 2011 at 12:42 pm:

Anon2,

Considering I made the comments ranking Tito as the number 1 challenger in a field of three, I guess you are calling me a fool. You are entitled to your opinion, and since Tito isn’t running, I guess we’ll never know if I was correct.

12. Riley said on 20 Jan 2011 at 10:06 am:

What Tito will be running for is what will make things interesting. I have an educated guess and if that pans out, it would be a pretty good thing.

13. The Bulletproof Monk said on 20 Jan 2011 at 1:11 pm:

BVBL….you came AWFULLY close to the liberal press blaming Palin for the attack in AZ, here.
    Only the fact that you got it from a source that is SUPPOSED TO BE ABOVE BOARD in their reporting gives you much needed cover on this.
    I BLAME the SOURCE for shoddy reporting, here.
    But the fact that it facilitated a premature *****lation from BVBL is a little disheartening.