video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Finally…

By Greg L | 17 March 2011 | Uncategorized | 16 Comments

I have been waiting so long for this…

1. Kris Day said on 17 Mar 2011 at 7:05 pm:

Looks awesome, Greg. Can’t wait to see it. And love the music by Third Day!

2. Maureen said on 17 Mar 2011 at 8:28 pm:

Kris- any relation? Lol

It does look like a good movie. Maybe it will motivate some of the dead beat dads out there.

3. Gerdie Schmertz said on 17 Mar 2011 at 10:30 pm:

Wow…out of the darkness….comes light. If ever we could use some inspiration, it’s now.

4. Greg L said on 17 Mar 2011 at 10:48 pm:

I don’t think this is intended to motivate sinners to behave in ways that might please us more. Knowing the folks who do this a bit, I think this is all about motivating all of us, no matter what our station is in life, to live more God-pleasing lives as a way of saying thanks for all the blessings God gives us every day. We all need some inspiration, we all fall short, and maybe something like this can help sinners like us do better.

All to the glory of God.

5. Just the Facts said on 18 Mar 2011 at 6:36 am:

Greg - this movie looks great. My wife and I were just recently in court because the state is trying to deal with my stepson’s deadbeat biological father. He has made no effort to see the boy since 2003 and owes tens of thousands of dollars in back child support. Guess what - he didn’t show up in court despite the summons. This guy will be facing some serious jail time when they catch up with him. Regardless of the outcome of this process, my wife and I are ensuring that the child has a good life. Also, I give kudos to the Virginia office of child support enforcement (I think that’s what their name is). Despite a huge case load, they’ve been working very hard on this.

Also, “Atlas Shrugged, Part I” is coming out next month. Two strong values-oriented movies appearing in one year is a good sign.

6. Harry said on 18 Mar 2011 at 11:34 am:

Greg, sounds like you are suggesting you are not a sinner…must be nice to be so pure of heart and mind!

[Ed note: how you get that from “sinners like us” is utterly beyond me.]

7. Joe Doc said on 18 Mar 2011 at 1:53 pm:

@ Harry: huh?

My wife and I will be at that movie opening night.

8. Anonymous said on 19 Mar 2011 at 1:18 pm:

Greg,
    The system does not care if you have been a great dad or not! I have received no creedence for my actions with my son for the past ten years. I am in a shared physical custody relation ship with my son, I hav him half the time physically. I hav never got him to school late. I have taken him to all of our travel soccer games in the D.C. region. I have worked proactively with him in school so he is takeing high school geometry, spanish2, and all IB classes in eigth grade. I have imparted a sence of politics and of how the world works. I made shure he was not going to be the kid that got picked on by not knowing how to throw a football or catch a baseball. He is an expert swimmer due to my teaching.

Th e mother allowed him to keep going over to a kids house where it is known that the child does drugs eventhough I forbided it. I am not ignorant in these matters of what goes on in homes after school where there is no supervision. On the third time of me having to get him from this drug house that he felt entitled to go to I slapped him for doing so. Being an expert soccer player with years of getting out of the way of balls comming to the head, he ducked his foot slipped on the sandy sidewalk and he hit the ground with his face on the sidewalk behind him.

I have been orderd to go through a mental evaluation and agree to all treatments. I hav got to attend comprehensive parenting classes. I can only visit my son at his mothers house since it is a safe enviorment. I got to go to family counceling w the mother also? I have not been w this woman for over ten years.

The mother is a certified worst case bipolar disorder mental case. She receives a disability check from the goverment. The CPS based there investigation on what she said about me. The only thing this woman does is attend counciling sessions and self help meatings so everyone can sit around and talk about how they were a victum for not doing better in life???? LIBERAL BS.

In otr words, I ought to hav just got the kid on the standard every otr weekend and not have taken a keen interest on his REAL LIFE SKILs DEVELOPEMENT. Let him do the Xbox and let the moma worry about it, I would not be in this nightmare currently. I had taken an oath not to let my boy be fatherless during his adolescense since I was abandoned by mine during my teen years. I dont blame anybody but maybe a good wake up reality check on the real world from a man would have kept me from having been such a slacker dope smoking looser. It took the military to correct that behavior. I see why most dads just accept what goes on at the moms house. The system supports raising looser kids who at age 25 still live at home, smoke weed, have no job skills but cantell you all about there fealings!!! Safe loving enviorment.

I just want to get back to bike rides, soccer practice, cooking dinner w son, watching the basketball tournament n filling out the bracket , explaining to him the wonders of how things work in the world physically and mentally. Real life not what some liberal flunky thinks.

9. Harry said on 19 Mar 2011 at 2:51 pm:

Joe Doc, read the first sentence of Greg’s post of 17 mar 2011

10. Freedom said on 19 Mar 2011 at 3:40 pm:

Harry, “take a break,” ok?

11. John said on 19 Mar 2011 at 4:52 pm:

Wow….I see alot of me in there

12. Disgusted said on 20 Mar 2011 at 8:45 am:

Anon, I’m sorry your situation sucks, but understand something. You lost your cool. You became frustrated and tried to hit another person. Don’t blame the results on your wacky ex; you made the decision to take swipe at the boy. Whether it is a PC thing or not, you don’t hit anyone unless you are defending yourself or protecting an innocent. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Harry - ignore Freedom and keep hammering. Pharisees need to be brought down a notch or two.

13. Anonymous said on 20 Mar 2011 at 1:00 pm:

Harry, you are pathetic. You deliberately try to misconstrue the words of others in order to wrongly attack them, but of course that’s something we’ve come to expect from you.

14. Anonymous said on 21 Mar 2011 at 1:36 pm:

Harry, Play a Houdini and disappear.

15. J. Tyler Ballance said on 21 Mar 2011 at 5:28 pm:

Anon: Take a look at the legislation that has been championed by Cuccinelli and Bob McD over their careers. They ALWAYS screw the Dads, and hand more power to the ex wives, and/or the state.

Cuccinelli championed a law that allows the local Sheriff to remove a father from his own home based solely on the accusation by his wife that she feels, “uncomfortable.” It is a small wonder that every man in the Commonwealth is not out in the street, when one considers just how often women get, “unfomfortable” about myriad things.

There are thousands of new cases, just like yours, Anon, every year in Virginia. Those who have not had to endure divorce involving children, ALWAYS regurgitate the propaganda that they have learned from TV; It is the Dads’ fault and if you Dads were just more sensitive, more perfect in every way and more rich, especially rich, then you might have a chance at becoming of some minor use to your family.

That movie is political BS.

If you want to help Dads to maintain a constructive relationship with their children, then write to your legislator and tell them that it should be included in the Code of Virginia, that there shall be a rebutable presumption that joint custody will exist in all divorces; that the payor of child support retains the exemptions and any associated deductions, and should domicile of either parent change, then the cost of transporting the children will fall on the parent who elected to change locations.

Also, only one state in the Union (Missouri) requires any form of accounting for how child support payments are spent. We need to add a form to the state income tax forms that will require that child support be documented as having been spent on the children.

I stand by for your usual irrational rants tossed from behind your fake names…

16. Jay said on 29 Mar 2011 at 12:51 pm:

“My life didn’t turn out how I expected. . .I must turn to a theology that celebrates the brutal human sacrifice of gawd’s child.” Makes perfect sense.