Getting Goofy Early

By Greg L | 31 March 2011 | Prince William County | 11 Comments

The left is all abuzz in the wake of the Richmond Times-Dispatch fact checking Babur Lateef’s campaign ad that tries to pin class sizes, the mortgage industry meltdown and current national economic difficulties on Corey Stewart.  In a reprise of “it’s all Bush’s fault” apparently every pothole, school closing for inclement weather, and auto accident impacting rush hour traffic is Corey’s fault, and the RTD thinks this is pretty lame.  Yeah, me too.

Of course the RTD doesn’t mention that Lateef hasn’t even bothered to even speak before the Board of County Supervisors on any issue at any time or be involved in public policy at any level until he decided he wanted to run the whole show in Prince William County.  A nobody who has done nothing at all apparently thinks he has the public stature to start throwing rocks at the folks that actually get things done in the county.  Yeah, that’s going to work.

Anyways, I wonder what else Lateef is going try to blame Corey Stewart for.  Earthquakes in Japan?  Global warming?  The latest departure from American Idol?  This is going to be fun to watch.  I welcome reader predictions in the comments about what they think Lateef’s silly campaign is going to try to pin on Corey next rather than bother advancing any policy ideas whatsoever, explaining why some random Lasik eye doctor somehow has the qualifications to be Chairman, or describing what he would do if elected.  What’s the next installment of “Corey Derangement Syndrome” going to look like?

1. Just the Facts said on 1 Apr 2011 at 6:20 am:

Over at Moonhowlings, they wrote that Elena has sent the protect the Rural Crescent pledge to Lateef for his signature. More power to the MH ladies on that move, in my view. Let’s see if he responds and is willing to take a stand contrary to developers and their money.

It’s time for Lateef to tell us his positions on local issues rather than just blame a county supervisor for national and global problems that belong more at the feet of the Congress, controlled by Democratics until just three months ago.

2. Austin said on 1 Apr 2011 at 8:17 am:

We ran out of toilet paper at my house the other day and my wife blamed me. Now, I will just respond it is Corey’s fault. If I were a Dem, I would have a new excuse for everything!

3. wondering said on 1 Apr 2011 at 10:48 am:

Who, if not your County leader, should the responsiblity fall to when your house is in a fiscal mess? The Chairman is out touting what a great place Prince William County has become under his leadership, but the facts do not bear that out, when does Lateef start begin pointing out that Mr. Stewart lives in his own little made up reality. Maybe Stewart hasn’t looked at his property value or rising taxes to help illuminate what is wrong in PWC these days.

4. I'm just saying... said on 1 Apr 2011 at 11:53 am:

Solo… Who is Lateef… Where has he been hiding… What’s he done for our community… And what’s his plan?

The video made him either look like a fool or reveal that he thinks Prince William County Residents are fools. Chairman Stewart didn’t cause the economic meltdown; however, only a fool would miss how his leadership and decisions got Prince William County through that meltdown relatively unscathed.

We’re not fools. We won’t miss the facts that are obscured in a really slick video. He lost my “judgment” vote when he underestimated my intelligence. …and yours.

5. Eff Democrats said on 1 Apr 2011 at 12:02 pm:

So, the plan is to blame the housing bubble on Corey and hope PWC voters are moronic enough to believe that?

Yeah, you libtards run with that….

6. Anonymous said on 1 Apr 2011 at 3:39 pm:

Yeah right, Corey’s responsible for the low salaries of teachers here, the housing economic conditions that have affected the whole nation, higher tax rate because of lower housing prices, etc. etc. I guess they figure the average intelligence of PWC voters must be very low to swallow all that. The ad looks like something made for MTV to be seen by teenagers. Everyone with half a brain knows that PWC has more housing of the type that would be affected by bad loans so the crisis here would be worse than neighboring counties. Apparently Corey was supposed to waive a magic wand and somehow make all that cheaper housing have a lower foreclosure rate! Someone needs to challenge Lateef on these things if he persists in trotting out this nonsense. The school board controls teacher salaries and class sizes, for one thing.

7. . said on 1 Apr 2011 at 8:21 pm:

someone please send blahblah lateef a copy of this

8. Regdfry said on 1 Apr 2011 at 8:43 pm:

The next obvious lines of attack are to blame Corey Stewart for global warming, out of control gasoline prices, and rust. I agree, what a goofball!

9. Padre said on 2 Apr 2011 at 12:57 pm:

School board doesn’t raise its own money. Anonymous is sure excusing the great Mr. Start for any lapses in leadership.

Some of you amuse me.

10. Disgusted said on 2 Apr 2011 at 6:57 pm:

I have to apologize. I only thought of Stewart as a shill for the neo-cons in PWC. Apparently, he is the freaking linchpin to the economic stability of the US!!! I didn’t give him his props!!

11. Robert L. Duecaster said on 4 Apr 2011 at 2:58 pm:

This babble from Babur is reminiscent of the Crazies blaming me for the country’s economic duress, snowmeggedon, and locusts a few years ago.