Three In The 13th?

By Greg L | 12 May 2011 | 13th VA Senate, Loudoun County, Virginia Senate, Prince William County | 58 Comments

Redistricting brought a lot of changes to Prince William County, and the two biggest were changes to the overlapping 13th House District and the 29th Senate District.  To add just a little bit of confusion, the 13th Senate District was moved up this way and will now cover a wide swath of Loudoun County and northern Prince William County.  That got Bob Fitzsimmonds out of Chuck Colgan’s district, who quickly announced he would run for this seat.  Sensing an opportunity, Dick Black announced once again he intended to move and will run in the 13th.  Most recently, rumors that Gainesville Supervisor John Stirrup may run in this seat have emerged, setting the stage for the ultimate in conservative primary elections.

The district includes some of the most conservative portions of Prince William and Loudoun and is a rather safe Republican seat.  If Democrats run a sacrificial offering in this district the only way that person would have a chance is if the Republican nominee dies during the campaign, and even then a write-in would have an advantage here.  In an effort to concentrate conservatives somewhere other than in Chuck Colgan’s district, Senate Democrats created a place where the conservative bench can be developed.

Bob Fitzsimmonds has been running for office unsuccessfully for a decade, and no doubt the news of this district was very welcome for him.  With little chance a strong Democrat running in the general election, it must have seemed like the district was created just for him.  Then came Dick Black’s announcement that he would move into the district, and since the majority of the district is in Loudoun County, Black would then be the odds-on favorite for the nomination given his name recognition in the district, war hero status, and record.  Although Black appears to be suffering from some sort of neurological disorder that raises questions about his ability to campaign effectively, people know him and conservatives tend to like him — a lot.

But last week another name emerged: John Stirrup.  Stirrup is by far more likeable and electable, has a solid record, and is the only one of the potential candidates to have consistently won elections.  He’s rather well known in Loudoun County, and given his leadership on the immigration issue (an issue that resonates well in both parts of the district) and a solid record on the Prince William Board as a slow-growth conservative he pretty much represents what many in Loudoun County wish Republicans should have consistently been before they were handed their hats four years ago.  So if Stirrup decides to run, the presumptive front-runner in the race changes yet again.

The behind-the-scenes buzz is that Stirrup is quickly lining up tremendous support.  No one seems to dislike Black or Fitzsimmonds, they just genuinely like John Stirrup.  Stirrup has been there to help out a lot of other Republicans in Northern Virginia and even when he has been engaged in controversial issues the controversy never seemed to embroil him.  In this district that will play well.

If John Stirrup decides to run, the Senate of Virginia better watch out as the Chichester-Potts style of Republican leadership prevalent there is going to have a difficult time containing him.  That will do Virginia a lot of good whether Republicans take the majority in the Senate or not.

1. Steve Thomas said on 12 May 2011 at 12:20 pm:

Another well-reasoned analysis, in which I would tend to agree.

2. Robert L. Duecaster said on 12 May 2011 at 12:54 pm:

Bob F:

You can rent a room in my residence if you’ll take on Colgan again. We had the buzzard on the ropes last time until all his highway contractor friends took the week before elections off and put up huge signs. I wonder how much they billed the state for their time and materials

3. Patty said on 12 May 2011 at 1:51 pm:

With Christian conservatives Bob FitzSimmonds is more likeable than Stirrup. Bob is a well known pro life advocate which will play well with some churches in Loudoun.

With a 108 foot cell tower about to loom over our homes, Stirrup lost a lot of supporters in my neck of the woods. He basically trashed our neighborhood. Fortunately for him he was able to cut out those who would vote against him into Nohe’s and Covington’s district. Question is, would he have deferred the vote on the cell tower and given that issue to Nohe if the original 7 district map was approved?

Along with the fence, the “hotel” on Lomond, etc. Stirrup has developed a track record of not listening to his constituents. Why did someone have to go to Supervisor Jenkins to get the ball rolling on the fence issue?

My suggestion to my friends in Loudoun County, vote for FitzSimmonds or for a conservative who lives in Loudoun. Otherwise, your county will get trashed just like my neighborhood. Who knows? If you elect Stirrup you could see Dominion Power lines going through your county in a big way.

4. Gone said on 12 May 2011 at 4:25 pm:

Where is the latest illegal alien coverage Greg? 3 illegals in PWC have raped children in the past 2 weeks and not a peep. In Arizona, this is what is being taught in schools:

Anyone think this is not a war?

5. Anonymous said on 12 May 2011 at 9:27 pm:

I got a poll call from the Senate Republican Committee this week… it was all about testing the waters for Jackson Miller against Chuck Colgan or any other Democrat who steps into the ring.

6. Loudoun Insider said on 12 May 2011 at 9:51 pm:

“No one seems to dislike Black or Fitzsimmonds” Did you really write that??? I don’t know Ftiz as well, but have heard plenty of grumblings about him. Black on the other hand is widely disliked by many Loudoun Republicans. He has too many negatives. John Stirrup is the perfect candidate for this district, let’s hope he gets in to win it.

7. John Paulson said on 14 May 2011 at 9:55 pm:

I wanted to weigh on behalf of Bob Fitzsimmonds because I know he’s brought a lot of important Republican issues to the fore, like lowering taxes, traditional families and the right to life, and he’s invested a lot of sincere time and talent in this campaign thus far, and at the last minute you get this John Stirrup sort of announcing and gauging the climate, like a Johnny come lately. Fitzsimmonds has worked so hard on the right issues. I have to question Stirrup’s motives. Maybe a little self-interested?

8. Stacey B (aka Bruce Metcalf) said on 14 May 2011 at 10:50 pm:

Mr. Paulson:

I don’t know who you are, but I have known John Stirrup (and his wife Heidi) for years. Heidi has been very vocal for years. Her husband will do a lot for big business corporations. If anyone DESERVES a seat in the Virginia Senate it’s Stirrup.

9. Patty said on 15 May 2011 at 1:14 pm:

Stacey B said

“Her husband (John Stirrup) will do a lot for big business corporations.”

You hit the nail on the head.

He sure did a lot for T-Moblie by supporting that monster cell tower in the middle of our neighborhood.

Yes, he is all for business even if it means trashing an entire neighborhood (except his own…Dominion Power).

John Paulson you have every right to be skeptical. You are correct in that Bob has worked on issues especially pro life and traditional marriage/families.

According to his constituents in Westgate area, John Stirrup DESERVES to be fired from his job as Gainesville Supervisor. That’s what he deserves.

Interesting that some of those opposed to the cell tower got conveniently cut out of his district so they will not have a chance to vote him out come this election. Of course there are still some left who will do just that. Maybe that is why he is looking to run for senate.

10. John Paulson (aka Peggy Green, Stacey B) said on 15 May 2011 at 3:03 pm:

I really didn’t mean to start a fight. it’s just that Bob Fitzsimmonds has done so much work preparing for this campaign. Then Stirrup, at the very last minute, decides he wants to jump in.

11. Anonymous said on 15 May 2011 at 3:09 pm:

Mr. Paulson, with all due respesct, Fitzsimmonds simply dosnt win.

If Fitzsimmonds really cared about the conservative cause he would give pause, do a little reflection, and realize that he just flat out dosnt appeal to the voters. Just get out of damn race and let us win this thing.

At least Dick Black and John Stirrup have won elections. They are just as conservative as Fitzsimmonds the difference is THEY CAN WIN.

12. John Paulson (aka Peggy Green, etc.) said on 15 May 2011 at 8:37 pm:

I just don’t see why Stirrup waited to the last minute. I admire Fitzsimmonds who’s been in it from the start on principle.

13. Peggy Green (Actually John Paulson) said on 15 May 2011 at 8:45 pm:

It’s a Republican District. Black does not lose primaries.

14. Animal Kingdom for show said on 16 May 2011 at 1:02 pm:

I think Stirrup wanted to wait to see where the boundaries of the district were to be drawn. Fitz, on the other hand, had announced he would run regardless of what district his residence was drawn in. It looks like his cul-de-sac was included in the new district by design.

15. John Paulson (aka Peggy Green) said on 16 May 2011 at 3:40 pm:

I think what you meant to say was Stirrup was waiting for the boundary to be drawn around his residence.

16. Lovettsville Lady said on 16 May 2011 at 10:49 pm:

Dick Black seems to have a real head start on this district, plus over 80% of the voters live in Loudoun where Black is very well known. He’s been running for a year and has a large organization in place. He has lots of support and is raising money. He will easily win the primary.

Loudoun Insider is not in the republican party, nor does he have any idea what is happening in Loudoun republican politics. He hates Dick Black and most of the other republican candidates in Loudoun. So I wouldn’t give too much credence to what he says.

17. Lovettsville Lady said on 16 May 2011 at 10:54 pm:

Dick Black has to move to be in this district? If so, he’ll moving within a few miles of his current house, but I think he already lives in the district. The maps have changed so much, I can’t be sure of that. His support in Loudoun is widespread so a move of a couple of miles won’t be of concern to the campaign, or voters.

Everyone is impressed with Stirrup, but he’s got an uphill climb to make in roads into Black’s territory. But I’ll give him credit, he shows up at every republican event in Loudoun.

18. Anonymous (aka Peggy Green, John Paulson, Bruce Metcalf, etc.) said on 17 May 2011 at 11:07 am:

So Stirrup has been going to all the Republican meetings in Loudoun? This is false. No he hasn’t. He just started doing this in the last couple weeks when they were redrawing the district boundary around his estate. But Stirrup has in fact lined up support from the likes of “Loudoun Insider” who is an extreme liberal who supports abortion. The more I hear, the more I love Fitzsimmonds.

19. Bruce Metcalf (aka Anonymous, Peggy Green, John Paulson, etc.) said on 17 May 2011 at 12:29 pm:

That’s shocking. Stirrup has lined up support from the likes of Loudoun Insider, who supports partial birth abortion. I guess he needs the votes. That’s what opportunism does to you.

20. Lovettsville Lady said on 17 May 2011 at 1:23 pm:

Stirrup did not solicit the support of Loudoun Insider! I doubt he knows that he has it, nor would he want it. Loudoun Insider is not a republican and has ZERO influence over republican voters in Loudoun. If anything, he has a negative impact on republican voters. Republicans in Loudoun are more likely to vote AGAINST anyone Loudoun Insider supports. He is only popular among a handful of democrats who post on his blog.

21. Bruce Metcalf said on 17 May 2011 at 5:40 pm:

I am just saying it is clearly telling that Loudoun Insider is supporting Stirrup. This means Stirrup must be more of an establishment moderate, less of a threat to leftist policies.

22. Bruce Metcalf said on 17 May 2011 at 6:03 pm:

It is totally telling that Stirrup already got the support of Loudoun Insider. That means that Stirrup is not threat to the liberal left.

23. Molly Jefferson (actually Bruce Metcalf, aka Peggy Green, etc.) said on 18 May 2011 at 7:25 am:

Loudoun Insider — a mouth piece for the extreme left — describes Stirrup is the “perfect candidate.” Liberals are happy with Stirrup. He’s their perfect candidate.

24. Bruce Metcalf said on 18 May 2011 at 8:54 am:

I can’t believe BVBL and this editorial by “Jeff L” would support Stirrup in such a sneaky and underhanded manner. Stirrup is clearly the establishment moderate, masquerading as a conservative. Even Loudoun Insider — an extreme liberal — thinks Stirrup is perfect. He’s the liberals’ dream.

25. Greg L said on 18 May 2011 at 10:14 am:

And this is coming from someone who has been posting on this thread under six different identities, even to the point of having these sock puppet identities have conversations with each other. What a joke.

Nice way to make your side of the argument look like a collection of nutcases. If the hysterically bizarre anti-Stirrup rants weren’t enough, we’ve got Mr. Multiple Personality Disorder doing the ranting.

Sheesh.

26. Bruce Metcalf (aka Peggy Green, etc.) said on 18 May 2011 at 10:58 am:

Greg L is a nasty jerk. We’ve had at least 7 people come in here since you published your article, responding to your passive-aggressive tripe. I think everyone’s on to you. I never thought I’d be thanking Loudoun Insider.

27. Greg L said on 18 May 2011 at 1:20 pm:

Don’t make me start posting IP addresses, you fraud.

28. Patty said on 18 May 2011 at 2:20 pm:

Bruce or whoever you are, Greg is not a nasty jerk.

He let me post complaints about John Stirrup that he may or may not agree with. I truly thank Greg for that.

I also stand by my earlier posts. It saddens me to no end that the only asset of any value that my neighbors have is their home and for Stirrup to not only vote for that cell tower but heartily approve it in spite of the fact that only two people supported that tower (not sure if they actually lived near the proposed site) is in the words of one neighbor “stabbing us in the back.”

Some of these neighbors had to use their homes to get loans to pay for cancer treatments of loved ones. Some had to use their homes to pay for assisted living care. Some had to use their homes to pay for home repairs. Some had to use their homes to send their kid to school. I could go on.

No one on the county staff could tell me about any cell tower that is located this close to homes. I don’t know of any cell tower that is located this close to homes and I’ve seen plenty of them. Stirrup expressed concern about home values during the BOCS meeting when they approved the tax rate but he sure did NOT have any concern for home values in Westgate when he approved the cell tower.

Not only that, many who are affected by this cell tower were conveniently shifted into Nohe’s and Covington’s districts. It makes me wonder if the original 7 district map were approved if he would have deferred to Nohe. My gut feeling is no.

I surely would not want someone to represent my district at the state level who doesn’t listen to his constituents and Stirrup has developed a track record for not listening to his constituents in the Westgate Sudley area.

29. John Puhze (aka Bruce Metcalf) said on 18 May 2011 at 7:36 pm:

This blog really does seem passive aggressive. Greg L subtley manipulates facts to push an particular opinion, which anyone is entitled to. But the fact is, Dick Black is head and shoulders above the other two fine gentlemen. Black is the author of some of Virginia’s best legislation on economic development, jobs, basic rights and freedoms and the right to life. He is the author of the Rt 28 freeway legislative package that brought over $500M in transportation funds to northern Virginia, stimulating business at the same time… as massive flyovers were created to ease traffic congestion. He is a war hero, a tireless campaigner and a wonderful person with a great wife and family. He will do a world of good for the good people of Virginia 13th Senate District.

30. Greg L said on 18 May 2011 at 7:57 pm:

Fascinating. The above comment’s IP address is registered to the Olathe Public Library in Lenexa, Kansas. People in Kansas are reading BVBL posts about Dick Black and commenting favorably on him? Or is this the same multiple personality troll who has been bashing everyone in their single-handed quest to pump up Dick Black?

Well, I suppose that’s for readers to decide.

At any rate, I used to think pretty highly of Dick, even if my preferred candidate might be someone else. If this is representative of Dick however, and his pain in my bottom trolls are working overtime to waste my time and energy, maybe I ought to reevaluate that opinion. I have yet to see a decent man tolerate asshats, even if they’re presumably serving his purpose. I have seen Democrats behave more honorably. Seriously.

31. Lovettsville Lady said on 18 May 2011 at 9:16 pm:

Loudoun Insider only supports Stirrup because he HATES Dick Black and hopes Stirrup can beat him. Loudoun Inciter wouldn’t know Stirrup if he tripped over him. It’s ALL about Inciter’s hatred of Dick Black which goes back decades. No one cares about his little vendetta, other than him. Loudoun republicans think Inciter is a total nutcase and pay him no attention at all. Please try to ignore LI and his many trolls. That’s what we do in Loudoun.

32. Loudoun Insider said on 19 May 2011 at 9:36 pm:

Wow, lots more LI obssession going on over here! I guess Lovettsville Lady needs to go somehwere since she can’t shut the f up about me and has been banned from TC and NVTH now.

I do not hate Dick Black, I just find him unfot for public office and a terrible influence on the LCRC. A small gang of professional LI Haters doesn’t like me, but they just don’t not like me, they obssess over me day and night. It’s pretty creepy.

I am in no way an extreme liberal, Greg l can attest to that, and I am in no way in favor of abortion. especially partial birth abortion. This is typical Black Brigade tactics - lying and rumor mongering, and in this new age, multiple identity single-user robo posts of the same theme, over and over and over again. Nice “Christians”.

33. Lovettsville Lady said on 20 May 2011 at 3:03 am:

Yes, you banned me from your little blog, TC because I was having too much fun punching holes in your silly lies and distortions. Since I posted at NVTH today, it’s obvious that I am not banned there, or anywhere else.

Half of Loudoun county are now ”professional haters”?! Hahaha, you always crack me up. You may not the best liar in Loudoun, but you certainly are the most entertaining!

34. Loudoun Insider said on 21 May 2011 at 8:04 pm:

I am not a liar, LvL, although some people need to keep saying that over and over again because they don’t like the truth I reveal. You were banned by Joe B and I for being incredibly annoying and flat out wrong most of the time. It’s too tiring trying to correct you. You also make it a habit of saying too many times - sorry, but this its the last time I will coment here, then coming back a week or two later. You’re facile, juvenile, and not worth listening to.

35. Joe Budzinski said on 21 May 2011 at 10:14 pm:

Lovettsville Lady has been banned from NVTH and will not be commenting there again, and if she did post there yesterday it’s gone to the spam bucket. Just to set the record straight.

I can empathize with Greg L’s comment above about being disappointed with some of Dick Black’s supporters in Web discussions. I had not seen anything lately but there was some idiocy on one of the local newspaper sites a few months back. I think very highly of Dick Black, although I guess I understand the arguments of those who have problems with his faction in the LCRC. I just have no personal knowledge of the supposedly negative actions of that group. I think the Colonel is a knowledgeable, principled and decent man - and one who is owed a debt of honor for his military service.

36. Greg L said on 21 May 2011 at 10:58 pm:

I hope that in the future Black’s supporters can rise to the same level of honorable behavior that Dick himself has shown in the past. I’d feel it would be terribly unfortunate if some overzealous cheerleaders managed to poison the well here.

This shouldn’t be a contentious primary. Since it’s something akin to the conservative political superbowl given the personalities involved the level of discussion about it should rise to a level that sets the standard. If it doesn’t, I imagine it’ll lead a lot of folks to think that despite a “conservative” label here this is nothing more than politics as usual.

37. Lovettsville Lady said on 22 May 2011 at 10:39 pm:

Only Loudoun Insider is trying to poison the well for Dick Black. Only LI and the other democrats care enough to constantly bash Dick Black. Fortunately for Dick, no one pays LI a bit of attention anymore. We won’t have a primary, it will be a convention, and Dick will win easily. He’s been working on it for a year or more. He has an army of support in Loudoun and Loudoun is over 80% of the district.

Ever notice how only liars need to constantly tell everyone that they aren’t liars? who else does that?!

Loudoun Insider, I got three words for you, hook, line, sinker! You are so funny. Bless your heart, you fall for it every time. You’re like Charlie Brown and the football!

Hope to see you tomorrow Greg!

38. Eric the 1/2 troll said on 23 May 2011 at 8:50 am:

“We won’t have a primary, it will be a convention, and Dick will win easily.”

This speaks volumes, doesn’t it? Dick Black fears the Loudoun County electorate.

39. Loudoun Insider said on 23 May 2011 at 9:24 am:

Imbecile.

40. Lovettsville Lady said on 23 May 2011 at 2:20 pm:

That’s not nice to call your little democrat friend Eric an imbecile. Especially when the two of you agree on so much and he tries so hard to be supportive of you.

I forgot that Loudoun Insider also controls Joe’s blog! My mistake! Poor Joe. He’s gonna get covered in fleas, lying in that bed!

Eric, I’m hearing today that it may be a primary in the 13th because that’s what LCRC leadership wants. They are THAT confident that Dick Black will win. He is the most well known candidate in the biggest part of the district. He’ll win either way, and it’s cheaper to have a primary.

41. Greg L said on 23 May 2011 at 3:02 pm:

Whatever group you’re going to lump Joe at NovaTownHall into, you might as well include me in it also. In many years of blogging, I have yet to encounter any circumstance under which he and I have disagreed on anything.

Thanks for defining the lines so succinctly. It makes it far easier for me to figure out where I supposedly stand in the political quicksands of Loudoun County.

42. Loudoun Insider said on 23 May 2011 at 11:21 pm:

Greg, she has been banned at TC and NVTH now, where she would get destroyed in comments after whining about things incessantly, then say she would never comment there again, only of course to return to comment again a couple days or weeks later. I don’t control NVTH, but Joe is a smart independent minded fellow who also got tired of her. She’s a woman in her sixties with the mind of a 12 year old. Sorry you need to deal with the BS.

43. Lovettsville Lady said on 24 May 2011 at 12:28 am:

Hahaha, I’m banned because I was having too much fun and you couldn’t take it!

Grow up, no matter how many times you try to ”out” me, it never works! Did you have fun tonight with your ONE friend in the LCRC?! hahaha, you’re such a hoot! You two standing at the bar, all alone, while the other 40 people in the room had fun together. Sucks to be you! lol

Greg knows me. Sorry!

44. Lovettsville Lady said on 24 May 2011 at 12:34 am:

If I was “destroyed” why did YOU need to ban me?! lol

Too bad the only person who will talk to you in Loudoun is someone who identifies himself as ” “the Idiot”. You two looked so lonely at the end of the bar by yourselves all evening while everyone else had fun around you. Tonight was so much fun, and it’s not true that we were only laughing at you, we laughed about a lot of things! fun times with fun people!

45. Loudoun Insider said on 24 May 2011 at 10:01 am:

Such juveinle ramblings. Really quite unbelievable. I had tons of people talking with me all night long and had no desire to talk to you or your other imbecilic pals. Get a life, and please try to act your advanced age.

46. Lloyd the Idiot said on 24 May 2011 at 11:38 am:

Gee, LI, I didn’t realize we were so popular that folks feel compelled to observe and report our every coming and going. I feel like Paris Hilton!

By the way, whats the over-under on how many more posts LvL will have here before she’s banned?

47. Jacob said on 24 May 2011 at 1:48 pm:

This whole thing is pathetic.

48. Jacob said on 24 May 2011 at 1:50 pm:

I have stayed out of the way of the LI - LvL - BPM - SM - Loudoun Patriot scrum. It has not been in my estimate helpful to the conservative cause to get involved. I am beginning to wonder if it will ever end.

49. Jacob said on 24 May 2011 at 1:53 pm:

Lloyd, I am willing to bet GregL will not ban LvL here at BVBL. How is that?

50. Loudoun Insider said on 24 May 2011 at 8:44 pm:

It is pathetic, Jacob, please note who started the ridiculousness in this thread. Not me. And who is SM?

51. G.Stone said on 31 May 2011 at 1:48 pm:

Maany of you could screw up a free lunch. I am with Jacob on this, it is a cluster fox trot, one to be ignored.

I am excited to be supporting a great conservative, John Stirrup. I am a loudoun resident of 20 plus years and very active in the LCRC. I can assure members, voters and delegates of Loudoun that John Stirrup is the real deal. I have a great working realationship with John and will attest that he is a conservatives conservative. John is exactly what we need in Richmond and I for one will be working hard to get him there.

52. The BulletProof Monk said on 31 May 2011 at 2:03 pm:

LI has a history of…well, if it ain’t lies, ….it’s MASSIVE misinformation.
    Recently, he set in on Howie Lind putting a disclaimer on his e-mail announcements. LI attributed this to Dick Black’s influence. People who actually are in the circles of information (and not standing outside with their noses pressed against the window trying to read lips) KNOW that this was due to a few of the blue-haired ladies that have been mis-informed that Ramadan is a practicing muslim and wraps himself in Sharia Law (both are lies). They demanded the Lind stop sending them announcements for Ramadan Events….and so Howie started identifying that he does the same announcement for any candidate.

Howie and I had a rough start, but he is a very positive force for the 10th, and I’ve told him so.
    We can go back to a couple of other massive mis-information points that have been spread far and wide by the clueless…but why bother? He’s simply not relevant anymore.

And the only folks who post at his rag anymore are clearly lefties.

As for John Stirrup? He’s equally as conservative as either Col. Black or Bob Fitzsimmons. He’s earned Cuccennelli’s approval in the past, just as the other two have. He’s probably the better choice, however…because he’s actually been recently elected — and does not have any batty followers to drag his ticket down in front of voters.

53. Loudoun Insider said on 31 May 2011 at 5:06 pm:

Dear Lord, here he is again. His obssession with me knows no bounds.

54. The BulletProof Monk said on 31 May 2011 at 6:13 pm:

Greg, I’m sorry, but we derive great pleasure from imagining LI on his computer, frantically perusing NUMEROUS blogs to find out who has mentioned what a fool he is THIS week. No wonder no work is getting done.
    We affectionately refer to it as “follow the Ringleader”. I suppose I’m it for today. Stay tuned, however, as it changes often.
    As for LI: Son, if you ain’t the lead dog, the view never changes.

55. The BulletProof Monk said on 31 May 2011 at 6:15 pm:

Oh- Greg, Wilcox and Ramadan had a sit down …a “come to Jesus” moment, if you will… and I think they’re cool now.
    I still look back on your excellent piece here at BVBL as the best post regarding Ramadan that’s ever been written.

56. anon said on 31 May 2011 at 6:55 pm:

Wow! I guess I am glad that we live in Prince William County. The PWCGOP is much more tactful in our disagreements.

57. Loudoun Insider said on 31 May 2011 at 7:03 pm:

What a dolt. I peruse a variety of blogs daily, including the always entertaining BVBL. This trained monkey simply amuses me with his constant obssession with me. His “we” is a little gang of people with an axe to grind against me because I am no longer part of their little clique. It’s high school politics at best. Pathetic.

58. The BulletProof Monk said on 31 May 2011 at 10:31 pm:

Like I said….Follow the Ringleader. Get busy. I’ve hit five more blogs today.See if you can find them all. There…made your evening.