Notes From The PWCRC Meeting

By Greg L | 14 June 2011 | PWCRC | 6 Comments

Chris Royse made his official announcement of his campaign for Woodbridge Supervisor at last night’s meeting of the Prince William County Republican Committee, and while I wasn’t set up to record video I figured that readers would be interested in seeing what he had to say even if the footage isn’t quite up to my usual standards.

Perhaps the most interesting part of the evening was when Suzanne Miller emerged from her recent obscurity to deliver some remarks. I wish I had the foresight to record them as they were endlessly amusing. Her qualifications for office apparently are that she has worked to improve the health of Prince William County residents with a Pilates studio, she is concerned about lots of national issues such as energy independence and the federal budget. She’s one of the strangest Republican candidates to emerge in some time, and quite entertaining to watch in action. I was very impressed with how polite the reception was by the committee towards her display — that’s a real testament to the committee’s desire to encourage aspiring but inexperienced candidates. I’ll try to catch it next time.

Tito Munoz talked about how he wanted to bring the fight into Fairfax “where the enemy is” as well. Knowing him, I wouldn’t be surprised if at events in Fairfax County he uses the same language there to describe the constituents he hopes to represent. He doesn’t pull many punches. Next time I run into George Allen, who has endorsed Tito, I’ll have to ask him if he thinks “the enemy” lives in Fairfax County as well. Since they voted overwhelmingly in favor of his opponent last time around, perhaps he thinks that as well although I doubt he’d say that. Anyways, Tito is always fun to see in action. Long on passion, short on judgment, and apparently pretty fearless.

The rest of the meeting was filled with other candidate speeches, most of which were good to excellent, and a great address from Senator Mark Obenshain about how important it is to win the Senate this election cycle. Even if you’re not a member of the committee, these are open to the public and provide a great opportunity to get to see all the Republicans running for office in one place. Sometimes you’ll be inspired, sometimes you’ll be amused, and sometimes you’ll laugh, at least on the inside.

1. Harry said on 14 Jun 2011 at 5:47 pm:

Interesting re: Suzanne Miller. I don’t know her and didn’t hear her speak, so this isn’t directly about her. But I can’t help but think that some local candidate - for any office - could run on national issues…and win. This cycle more than any in memory has the perfect storm for this to happen: A terrible economy, no confidence in Congress, no confidence in the President, a lot of (new) grass roots activism, and a sense that the conservative movement can be best served by empowering local politicians.

We hear about House candidates running “against the president.” It’d be fun to watch a candidate actually trying this out in a county race…

2. Franco said on 15 Jun 2011 at 9:04 am:

Seems that Tito is trying to do this in his State Senate race. Great guy and he is well-spoken on national issues, but I don’t have a clue as to why he wants to be a Virginia State Senator or what he hopes to accomplish in that office.

3. Patty said on 15 Jun 2011 at 12:41 pm:

Suzanne Miller came out to the Sudley West Gate community clean up and she talked with neighbors about local issues including that cell tower.

She spoke about neighborhood issues. She took time out on a Saturday morning to come and talk with consituents. She spent a couple of hours meeting with neighbors. That says a lot.

If a certain person had come to Sudley Elementary to help out Pastor B, he would have been able to see Suzanne Miller face to face and discuss neighborhood issues with her.

4. Greg L said on 15 Jun 2011 at 5:53 pm:

I’ve seen quite enough of Suzanne Miller, the not-Delegate-Miller’s wife, thank you very much. She’s the dumbest candidate to come down the pike since Steve Chapman, but Chapman then was in his 20’s then so incompetence was his excuse. Suzanne Miller doesn’t have that luxury. She’s way too old for this level of ignorance.

I had enough of her wagging her finger at the PWCRC while droning on incoherently about green energy and Pilates while she shook her too-tight, too-short-skirted butt in front of Lyle Beefelt for ten minutes and set a new record for gratuitous use of the phrase “Ok?”. Having met her three times already she introduced herself to me again at the PWCRC meeting. Mind like a steel trap, I tell you.

Let’s say this dolt manages to get elected on the affirmative action for idiots ticket. She’ll have fifteen substantive policy choices she will have to make in her first three months in office. If she’s lucky she will meet your expectations on fourteen of them. You will have a fit about number fifteen and decide you will never support her ever again, and she will join the ranks of every elected official in the county, all of whom amazingly have failed to meet your expectations. You will hate her and pine for an alternative.

Four years later, another completely unqualified candidate will run for office, but that person will be nice to you, and we’ll start this all over again.

I really have to get this woman on tape so others will be able to appreciate such a pinnacle of incompetence.

5. Anonymous said on 16 Jun 2011 at 1:57 pm:

Miller is such a joke. Her sum total of experience according to her speech is that she got terminated from an IT job and that she runs a fitness business. Completely ridiculous.

When she was given the opportunity to talk about what she stood for she didn’t address a single issue that’s relevant to the BOCS. She droned on about green energy and a bunch of national issues and never once mentioned land use or transportation.

It sure is entertaining to see her wagging her finger at the committee and spending about 10% of her time turning her back to the audience to address the executive committee behind her.

6. Nancy Schiffman said on 4 Jul 2011 at 4:21 pm:

The Real Tito Munoz

By Nancy Schiffman, Chairwoman, PWCTPP

My husband and I just got back from the Dale City Fourth of July Parade. Truly a bit of Americana – with floats, marching bands, church groups, politicians, lemonade and frozen slush stands.
    This is, however, not about Independence Day, it is about the arrogance of one politician who is being supported by some members of the tea party.
    I was working at the Prince William County Republican Committee (PWCRC) tent promoting a number of our candidates for elective office. A couple who recently moved to this area from Arizona were looking for some information on the tea party. They were involved with the tea party in Arizona. A member of the PWCRC referred them to me. I handed them my business card and began to talk with them. Tito Munoz who was sitting nearby shouted “you wouldn’t even know about the tea party without me and added that the tea party does nothing”. I said “excuse me” to Tito and returned to my conversation with folks from Arizona. “We do a lot of events and in fact just held an event the other day with rides for kids, face painting and music, etc….”
    Now, if Tito remarks were about the PWC Tea Party, most of you know we are one of the most active in the State. In 2010 we held over twenty events. In 2011 we held eight events including a legislative training program. Several of our members were involved as bill followers for the past legislative session. Tito by the way has only attended one PWCTPP event (April 15, 2009). He prefers to go to DC.
    If his comments were directed to the tea party movement in Virginia, I hope you would take offense to his remarks. It demeans the hard work that all of us do. My comments were solely about events. You know how many hours we have put into our legislative programs at the State and Local levels; as well as the countless hours on our web sites and rallying the troops by E-mail. As both a member and officer of the Federation I don’t recall that Tito contributed anything to our movement since its inception.