Whoever Supports Marty Nohe Is Nuts

By Greg L | 21 June 2011 | Prince William County | 36 Comments

Here’s a little blast from the past for those out there who seem to have forgotten that Coles District Supervisor Marty Nohe turned out to be a big moral supporter of the illegal alien lobby back during the debate over the Rule of Law Resolution. When the illegal alien lobby got all worried that local businesses that specifically catered to illegal aliens were going to have their businesses hurt because illegal aliens unlawfully present here were leaving, Marty Nohe was the first to start pandering to them. Soon after that Nohe was the driver behind an effort to protect illegal aliens who instead of trying to get jobs by using identity fraud, took the route of getting business licenses instead because Nohe prevented any attempts by the county to ensure these licenses weren’t being unlawfully provided to illegal aliens.

Nohe has been masterful about being everything to everyone on this issue. He voted for the Rule of Law Resolution, proudly telling supporters of it that he authored the final version of it. When it came time for county supervisors to vote on whether they would recommend the policy to the state, suddenly Nohe’s own legislative accomplishment wasn’t good enough and he voted against it. First he supported the recommendations of the county staff who told us they were surprised that while it was against the law to give business licenses to illegal aliens, then he claimed it was too burdensome to even bother verifying the information provided on these applications and ensured illegal aliens could start businesses in Prince William County even though they were ineligible to be hired. He even then offered that CASA de Maryland, the illegal alien front group that runs day laborer centers and agitates for in-state tuition rates for illegal aliens is just fine, as long as they report where their funding comes from. Then there’s his whole support for global warming hysteria, which would hardly seem to square with his supposedly pro-business agenda.

When the county was cracking down on illegal immigration, Nohe came front and center with the illegal alien lobby promoting their policy objectives, as the above video demonstrates. If ever there was someone entirely devoid of principle on this issue, and as it turns out quite a few others, it was Marty Nohe. Massive residential development? It’s fine with him until he starts cozying up to the rural crescent crowd. Keeping taxes low? That’s only a buzzword with him, as he’s been at the forefront to keep taxes as high as possible. Keep illegal aliens from killing innocent citizens in the county by discouraging their unlawful presence? Only of concern until such efforts might hurt businesses that help perpetuate the unlawful presence of illegal aliens in our communities.

We really can do a lot better in the Coles District. Anyone supporting this guy really needs their head examined.

1. Jaspar said on 22 Jun 2011 at 3:24 am:

Marty Nohe is a total fraud. He’s a bit LBJ and FDR cloaked in Ronald Reagan boxer shorts. I believe he really is a die-hard liberal dancing in the streets with home building/repair illegals that he depends on, in part, for his appliance business.

His mentor is Marxist Arlington County Board member Chris Zimmerman, that is who gave Marty his regional and global vision far beyond the realm of the Coles District.

Send the Pudge packing.

2. Gainesville District Resident said on 22 Jun 2011 at 7:14 am:

I find it hard to believe that Mr. Pugh would approve of this type of misinformation for political gain. I hope he speaks out against these tactics.

3. Patty said on 22 Jun 2011 at 8:42 am:

I remember when Nohe made the change to the Rule of Law resolution. It didn’t have to be approved by the Board. So you really can’t lay the whole blame on Nohe for that. Those on the Board who voted for that change are just as responsible.

Would someone like to post the votes?

4. Coles District said on 22 Jun 2011 at 9:04 am:

I agree with Gainesville District Resident. You’re not doing Bob Pugh any favors. I want to hear about what’s going on today… not revisit 2007. Those were bad times for many of us… and the thought that a vote for Bob Pugh is a vote for those bad times and being reminded of those bad times for the next two months isn’t really something that appeals to a lot of us who live in the Coles District. We (at least the folks in my neighborhood with whom I’ve discussed this) want to move on.

I”m not interested in casting my vote as part of a “Get even with Supervisor Nohe” campaign, I am interested in who is best suited to represent the Coles District and hearing about today’s issues. My vote is still “up for grabs”, but right now I’m leaning heavily towards joining the “nuts”. Bob will have to convince me otherwise (and, frankly, his stand on some issues appeal to me); however, he hasn’t knocked on my door yet.

If Bob Pugh is capable of this kind of campaign… I’m Planters all the way!

5. anonymous said on 22 Jun 2011 at 9:07 am:

Wow Greg. That’s a pretty radical statement. “Whoever supports
    Marty Nohe is nuts.” So I guess that means…Scott Lingamfelter is
    nuts…Jackson Miller is nuts…Rich Anderson is nuts…Glen Hill is
    nuts…

6. SealTeamSix said on 22 Jun 2011 at 10:48 am:

There is no misinformation in Greg’s post Gainesville District Resident. All of Greg’s claims are factual. His opinions are his own but many people share Greg’s opinion of Nohe. Nice try though!

I had the pleasure of reviewing e-mails that were FOIA’d that clearly showed that Nohe was working behind the scenes with the illegal alien “apologists” to shred our rule of law resolution.

7. Gainesville District Resident said on 22 Jun 2011 at 11:55 am:

SealTeamSix-Marty was NOT the “lone ranger” that voted for the current resolution. That’s what seems to be escaping the minds of some on this blog. The immigration issue has been addressed by the county to the extent it can without the possibility of a law suit against the county. The voters I’ve spoken with on both sides of the immigration debate can live with the resolution as it stands. The voters this election season are more concerned with schools, public safety, smart growth, and jobs.

8. I dont tolerate idiots said on 22 Jun 2011 at 12:50 pm:

No, Marty being a two-faced lying bucket of pig slop doesn’t matter at all as long as he offers quadrennial reassurances about jobs and growth like soma gas to a mindless body politic. He earnestly expresses his deep concern that illegal aliens are raping and murdering his constituents while he cozies up with the illegal alien lobby to make sure county government goes as easy on illegal aliens as possible.

Yeah, the voters don’t give a crap about that. They don’t care that Marty is a liar. They can’t be bothered with Marty pushing for the highest advertised tax rate possible each budget cycle.

They just like dopey politicians that practice trying to be all things to all people in order that everyone thinks he’s a swell kinda guy.

9. Patty said on 22 Jun 2011 at 1:57 pm:

Seal and idiot,

Nohe’s change to the Resolution did not have to pass. Those who voted for that change are just as responsible. You can not lay the blame on him without laying the blame on those who voted FOR IT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Go back and look at the vote and be honest….if you know how.

10. Gainesville District Resident said on 22 Jun 2011 at 2:38 pm:

On April 29, 2011, Supervisor Mike May made the motion to modify the original Resolution 07-609. Supervisor John Stirrup seconded that motion Resolution 08-500. Both votes were unanimous. No single one person can be held accountable for the actions taken by the entire PWCBOS.

For those that need to refresh their memory of the facts regarding the modified resolution.

11. Patty said on 22 Jun 2011 at 3:10 pm:

Gainesville District Resident is correct, other than the year. Chairman Stewart made a little speech about the policy change…something they all could live with. John Stirrup seconded the motion. It was voted on unanimously. Those are the facts and you can look at the meeting yourself by viewing it on the BOCS page of www.pwcgov.org. Click on the April 29, 2008 meeting. It is interesting to note that Supervisor Covington still wanted the cameras in the police vehicles. It is also interesting to note that I saw someone in that video who looks very much like the moderator of this blog.

There are those today who wonder what was said during that 15 minute recess.

12. Bob Pugh said on 22 Jun 2011 at 3:36 pm:

I’m running on a broadly based platform of fiscal conservatism and balanced economic growth.

The Board of Supervisors went through a difficult and challenging period dealing with illegal immigration. A policy was enacted, faced public scrutiny, and revised. Most of those involved including Chairman Stewart and Supervisor Stirrup felt that the ultimate outcome was positive. That’s the nature of collaborative government and compromise that Ronald Reagan understood so well.

I don’t find fault with Mr. Nohe for reaching out to understand diverse viewpoints. I do, however, think that there is a better way going forward than his approach of, for example, brushing aside proposals to require that applicants for business and other sorts of licenses in Prince William County provide proper documentation that they are eligible for them. I look forward to discussing this topic, among many other issues, with Mr. Nohe in public debate.

Most important, however, is that Prince William County is at a turning point. The next Board of Supervisors will determine if we continue to develop as Northern Virginia’s rising-tax bedroom community or if we change our direction toward developing a strong tax base with high-wage professional, skilled and technical employment. If the latter economic future appeals more to you, I hope you will support me with your vote.

13. Gainesville District Resident said on 22 Jun 2011 at 4:01 pm:

Patty-Thank you for the correction of the year in my earlier post. The year was 2008. I live in the present, not the past. I try to move forward, but it seems some prefer to dwell on old news.

14. Anonymous said on 22 Jun 2011 at 5:32 pm:

I blame Nohe for getting in bed with Alanna Almeda and Elena Schollsberg Knuckelhead. They’re a pair of freaks. The 9500 liberty crew were a bunch of Mexica movement racial supremacists, and this county has no room for racists like that. Marty hangs around with racists and people don’t seem to have a problem with that??? Are you kidding me?

Anyone with such poor judgment should be kept as far away from making government policy as possible.

15. Patty said on 22 Jun 2011 at 5:40 pm:

I will say this for Supervisor Nohe and Covington. They both voted against that hideous cell tower at Ben Lomond South. I can safely say that many of my neighbors appreciated the fact they voted NO on that cell tower.

Supposedly 5,000 post cards went out. There were about 400 hits on T-Mobile’s web site and only two, yes only TWO people supported that cell tower.

John Stirrup voted for that eye sore which will be looming over our neighborhood for years and years.

Now who do you think listens to their constituents?

16. Anonymous said on 22 Jun 2011 at 5:53 pm:

Yeah, the two IDIOTS who supported Brentsville and Avendale.

Yeah, a stupid cell tower is SO important compared to residential rezonings for thousands of homes amongst traffic clogged streets. It’s so much more significant than people trying to gut the Rule of Law resolution behind the scenes so illegal aliens can be business owners.

Patty, how about we just line up everyone that supported that massively significant cell tower and just shoot them in the friggin head. Yeah, and their families too.

Would that satisfy you?

Sheesh.

17. Patty said on 22 Jun 2011 at 6:05 pm:

Anon,

Corey Stewart voted for Avendale. Are you going to shoot him?

You’re a sick person.

18. Bob Pugh said on 22 Jun 2011 at 8:19 pm:

Coles District - there’s lots of doors to knock on. Contact me and I’ll be sure to come visit you, your family, neighbors or anyone else who wants to talk about my platform and vision for Prince William County.

19. Maureen said on 22 Jun 2011 at 8:35 pm:

Can you trust someone who says one thing and then turns around and does another? You have to look at the past to make a judgement on whether someone is capable, trustworthy and a leader.

Some of us were very involved in the resolution debate. It is how Marty did things behind the scenes that counts. What I saw of nohe in 2007-2008 isn’t someone I would trust.

So yes look to the future but do not forget the past.

20. MPCinsider said on 23 Jun 2011 at 7:03 am:

off topic but may needs to be looked out

21. Patty said on 23 Jun 2011 at 7:38 am:

I appreciate that Bob wants to talk about the issues. That’s what it should be about and not calling someone pig slop. That is uncalled for and if you (”I don’t vote for idiots”) think that is going to help Bob you’re wrong.

22. jon wong said on 23 Jun 2011 at 8:37 am:

uh…oh…republican still eat own babies

23. Padre said on 23 Jun 2011 at 10:49 am:

Patty is totally right on this one.

24. Jaspar said on 24 Jun 2011 at 4:08 pm:

Mr. Greg:

Please post this as a separate thread:

Liberals are destroying America.

25. James Young said on 24 Jun 2011 at 5:57 pm:

“Nohe has been masterful….”

Now THERE’S a construction I never thought I’d see!

As for the title, it’s certainly applicable for anyone in the County who votes for George Barker, who carved up this County like a Thanksgiving turkey purely for partisan political purposes.

26. Freedom said on 25 Jun 2011 at 7:12 am:

With lots of hard work, we can put Barker, Nohe, Covington, Richardson, and Principi into early retirement. Wouldn’t that make for a sweet Christmas present!! :)

27. es_la_ley said on 25 Jun 2011 at 6:43 pm:

Marty knocked on my door today. He’s quite an affable fellow.

28. Greg L said on 25 Jun 2011 at 7:50 pm:

So was the snake in the Garden of Eden. Trust, but VERIFY.

29. Gnarly said on 26 Jun 2011 at 2:44 am:

I was getting ready to say Nohe is ok….but JY, you say he voted for George Barker? Did I get that right? How do we know this? Was it open support? If he did, as Joe Bien would say TIABFD….but I would want to know for sure.

30. Independent Thinker said on 26 Jun 2011 at 9:24 pm:

Hey, es_la_ley, did he really come by? He hasn’t stopped at my house since he lied to me on the porch when he first ran. He told me he was against destroying our community with development.

Thank goodness, there are other places to buy appliances!

31. Bob Pugh said on 27 Jun 2011 at 6:36 am:

From WTOP’s web site this morning:

“But there’s big money in building new homes with big, grassy yards well away from the madding urban streets.

Without roads, those developments can’t be built. So Virginia’s real estate, construction and development industry pays dearly to protect itself in Richmond.

Since 2001, no industry sector other than political parties and political action committees themselves has come close to matching the nearly $64 million that real estate, construction and developers gave legislative and statewide candidates, according to the Virginia Public Access Project. Even during the real estate and construction slump since 2008, the sector has retained its top ranking.”

Add to that paying up with campaign contributions in Prince William County as well:

32. Robert L. Duecaster said on 27 Jun 2011 at 2:13 pm:

Mr. Pugh:

I don’t believe we’ve ever met. I would like to. Unlike many of the other posters here I am a putative constituent of yours. Do you have any campaign appearances planned in the coming week?

Thanks

33. Bob Pugh said on 28 Jun 2011 at 3:27 pm:

Two debates are in the works. I’ve agreed to both and understand that Marty has also, but I can’t speak for him. I’ll have a fundraising kickoff in early July. A notice will be emailed through the Republican Committee. I hope there to have an opportunity to meet new Republican supporters and speak with old friends about my campaign. I hope also to raise enough money to do a couple of mailings. I don’t expect to come even close to raising as much money as Marty’s developer supporters give him, so this will be a low-cost campaign focusing on meeting and speaking with as many people as possible. We may organize a few other events also before the primary on August 23.

With just under two months until primary day I’ve put my Internet talk radio show on hiatus at least through the end of August to free up some time for the campaign and did my last live show for the time being yesterday. Recordings of all of the old ones are still available online for free. Follow the link from the bio page on my campaign website to my business website, where you will find a page on the radio show if you are interested.

My website is up, and I’m blogging and knocking on doors. Watch for more press releases over the next few weeks with substantive discussion of the issues facing people in Prince William County.

We’ve got about two months to get out the message of balanced growth. CNN Money might have ranked Prince William County highly on job growth, but missed the fact that most people in the County must commute to find good jobs, and that we lag behind the state in creation of high-wage and skilled jobs. For the full picture, see the page on my website on economic development. Balanced growth will also help us hold down taxes and improve the quality of life in Prince William County.

34. es_la_ley said on 28 Jun 2011 at 7:48 pm:

Godspeed Bob!

35. William Goose said on 11 Jul 2011 at 4:04 pm:

I enjoy this blog, but this note on Marty Nohe is off base. He is a good honest supervisor.

36. Anonymous said on 12 Jul 2011 at 1:16 pm:

He’s good and honest about raising our taxes. Nope, wait, he’s not. Despite telling us he’s all fiscally conservative and all, he has voted in favor of the highest proposed tax rate in every single budget vote during his tenure.

Maybe he’s good an honest about immigration. Wait, he’s not. When the board voted to recommend the policy Marty himself drafted as a compromise to other localities in Virginia, Marty voted against that. But he’s the first to tell you he’s all about cracking down on illegal immigration. Then he starts glad-handling around with the commie film folks from the Coffee Party and telling them he’s going to do everything he can to rescind the Rule of Law Resolution.

Maybe he’s good and honest about land use. Wait, he’s not. He votes for every residential rezoning that is offered, and every infrastructure improvement that supports future development. But he says he supports the rural crescent. Yeah, right.

Marty Nohe is the sleaziest liar ever to be on the Board. His ethics are entirely situational, he tells different lies to different people hoping they never compare notes, and his actual principles are vastly at odds with what he tells voters they are.