The Always Amusing Tito

By Greg L | 20 July 2011 | 36th VA Senate, Fairfax County, Virginia Senate, Prince William County | 9 Comments

Someone ought to tell Steve Hunt and Jason Flannary they have a new entrant in the 37th District, as it seems Tito Munoz has abandoned his challenge to Jeff Frederick and will be moving.

Tito Munoz: “I decided in late December that I wanted to run for State Senate in the 37th District. I even made the decision that, should I be redistricted out of the 37th, I would move in order to run.”

Kinda late for this kind of switch, but Tito is awfully unpredictable, after all.

This guy is just one never-ending gaffe.  Sheesh.

UPDATE: Like magic, the district number in this article has changed, without any indication that Tito was identifying the wrong district throughout this article.  The internet is truly amazing!

1. Matt Drudge said on 20 Jul 2011 at 4:34 pm:

OK, I am pretty sure you are joking, but in case you weren’t, I wanted to tell you that I just called the Tito Munoz camp, who said that it’s a typo on the Red Nova article. It’s pretty obviously a typo, too, because if Tito was dropping a revelation of that kind, you think there might be a follow up question?

2. Maureen said on 20 Jul 2011 at 5:20 pm:

It’s been changed to say 36th district. Does Tito live in the 36th?

3. Freedom said on 21 Jul 2011 at 6:58 am:

Unfortunately Greg, your post implies that Tito was changing to avoid a primary fight or even worse, the error in district designation was Tito’s. As it turns out, it was a typographical error and Tito is not the least bit confused…and as Matt suggests, “…if Tito was dropping a revelation of that kind, you think there might be a follow up question?” …and speaking of “gaffes,” perhaps a bit of pre-post verification for something of this nature would have been in order, huh?

…and yes, Maureen, Tito DOES live in the 36th District.

4. Greg L said on 21 Jul 2011 at 8:36 am:

5. Riley said on 21 Jul 2011 at 9:22 am:

I wish that Tito had stayed in the 29th and run there against Colgan.

6. Matt Drudge said on 21 Jul 2011 at 9:55 am:

“When candidates (so rarely) mis-identify the District they’re running in I always poke fun at them for doing so. You’d think that after talking about their districts non-stop, they’d get it right.” - Pretty simple fallacy, here, in my opinion. You automatically assume it was a mistake by Tito and not the person transcribing. Just saying.

7. Anonymous said on 21 Jul 2011 at 10:56 am:

Notice the edit at the bottom of the post. It notes that the author made a mistake because he was at the 37th candidate forum before writing the post. I know you never make a mistake in your posts, so its to much to ask that you over look a small mix up.

8. Greg L said on 21 Jul 2011 at 11:57 am:

So I guess this wasn’t actually an interview with the candidate at all. Funny, when the post is entitled “Interview With Tito Munoz” and the paragraph is identified as a direct quote from the candidate himself, the reason for the mis-identification of the district somehow rests with the author of the article.

What, can’t Tito answer questions himself? Why does RedNOVA8 have to make up answers for him? Are people afraid that Tito will make some sort of mistake if he’s allowed to personally answer friendly interview questions?

Nonsense. Tito answered the question that way. The alternative that RedNOVA8 is fabricating candidate interviews with the permission of the candidate is just entirely too ridiculous to possibly be true.

9. Freedom said on 21 Jul 2011 at 4:01 pm:

…but Greg, the author of the article admitted his error…’nuff said, unless the author is now lying in his admission of an error. …and I seriously doubt that.