LCRC Convention Results

By Greg L | 23 July 2011 | Loudoun County | 17 Comments

York gets nominated by acclimation, and Chapman wins the Sheriff race by a weighted vote of about 2,500 to 1,500 in one of the smoothest run conventions I’ve ever seen.

But is that what delegates were really talking about?  Nope.  E. W. Jackson stole the show with a floor speech that brought the house down.  Anyone looking for a strong alternative to George Allen really needs to spend a little time checking this candidate out.

1. Maureen said on 23 Jul 2011 at 2:25 pm:

What were the other results?

2. Loudoun Insider said on 23 Jul 2011 at 3:08 pm:

I forget the exact numbers, but York won by about 1900 to about 1700. And Speakman only had 1100 some weighted votes. Speakman refused to shake Mike Chapman’s hand and stormed out of the building. What a complete lack of character. Hopefully he doesn’t make things worse by going “Independent”, but who knows after his pathetic performance today.

3. Linda B. said on 23 Jul 2011 at 9:55 pm:

Maureen, those are the only results. All other races were uncontested.

Greg, did you get video of Jackson’s speech? People are starting to clamor for it.

4. Lovettsville Lady said on 24 Jul 2011 at 2:35 am:

I have posted the exact numbers here: http://virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com/2011/07/24/surprising-results-from-the-loudoun-republican-convention/ With these results, I can’t imagine Ron Speakman choosing to run as a third party independent. He didn’t win a single district!

It was a very well done convention. It worked better, and faster, than other convention that I have attended. It was rather enjoyable! The parties afterward were even more fun! If uninvited people didn’t insist on being hangers on, it would have been even better. I’ll never understand why someone who hates my group of friends insists on following us around to the bars after our meetings. He then lurks on the periphery of the group for an hour or two, and then later whines that we we’re happy, or glom, or brooding, or some other silly thing. Today we were laughing a lot and having fun. His interpretation? We were brooding. We were ’sour pusses”! It couldn’t have been further from the truth. 15 or so people laughing and having fun. How does that get interpreted into we were glom and pouty?! Very strange to follow around people who you don’t even like. Why would anyone do that? Next time, he really should find some place to go, something else to do, since he’s made it very clear that he doesn’t like us. The feeling is quite mutual. So stop following us around! Go play with someone else! duh. Simple solution.

Phil Tran took some pictures that left us chuckling all day. Even tonight we thought about Phil’s pictures again and laughed. The man is a genius with a camera!

5. Maureen said on 24 Jul 2011 at 5:57 am:

Thanks Linda

6. Loudoun Insider said on 24 Jul 2011 at 8:43 am:

So funny - the Sour Grapes Crowd continue to show their obsession with me. I was asked to go there by another guy you can’t stand and the wonderful classy (something you have no clue about) Carol Kost. Believe me, I have no desire to follow you people anywhere. This campaign season showed just how politically impotent you are. You vindictive idiots did everything you could to bring down Mike Chapman because he didn’t buy into your little crew and kiss your asses. Who got what was coming to them? Your little band of sour pusses.

7. The BulletProof Monk said on 24 Jul 2011 at 11:28 am:

You were asked by Maravetz?? (Blackout) So, the rumors are true. You’re hanging out with a anti 2nd Amendment , illegal immigration apologist liberal these days.So much for your new freinds.

8. Loudoun Insider said on 24 Jul 2011 at 12:01 pm:

So lame. I have friends of all persuasions, unlike the little band of lemmings you hang with. I tried to talk with this idiot a few times yesterday but he ran away because he couldn’t handle it. Pathetic.

9. Lovettsville Lady said on 24 Jul 2011 at 2:19 pm:

You’re following us around, showing up uninvited to anyplace where we gather, and we’re obsessed with YOU? Hahaha………..you crack me. Monk can’t handle you, just like G.Stone couldn’t handle you yesterday? LOL The proof is in the pictures! Hilarious!

Next time, why don’t you go hang out with ALL of those friends of your’s, rather than follow us around desperately hoping that someone will talk to you? We won’t. We don’t like you. I don’t know how we can make that any more apparent. We’ve tried everything, yet you persist. Heaven only knows what you get out of it. It’s rather perverse to hang around large groups of people who don’t want you there, don’t like you, but have learned to ignore you because you persist in hanging around wherever we go. Kinda sad, really.

Is anyone NOT surprised that your new bff is a a democrat activist who shows up at republican conventions?

Ok, Sorry Greg. Sorry for getting into the weeds with the democrats on your blog. I’m done with this foolishness. We’re all so happy about York’s win, we should be discussing that and ignoring the idiots. It’s going to be a great political season in Loudoun county! We’re taking back our county in November!

Hope to see you tomorrow night at the event in Haymarket for David!

10. Greg L said on 24 Jul 2011 at 3:54 pm:

I can pretty much guarantee that everyone who engages in this kind of personal back and forth that no one else understands ends up undermining whatever amount of respect they have from the general public. I’ve been pretty hands-off on this because a lot of you I consider friends, but I am seriously considering cutting off any future exchanges like this among you. Although I really don’t relish the task of protecting you from yourselves this way, as it’s not my job, I don’t feel like having this site be the collateral damage in your personal wars.

I believe you are all capable of demonstrating more maturity than middle schoolers. I hope you’ll find it within yourselves to prove it.

11. Loudoun Insider said on 24 Jul 2011 at 5:14 pm:

Greg, as usual, look at who starts this juvenile BS. I don’t follow these people around, I run into them once every couple months after LCRC meetings where everyone tends to go out afterwards. Uninvited - what a bunch of baloney, I can go wherever the hell I want to in public. And once again you cannot read - both BlackOut and I went there at the suggestion of Carol Kost, a real woman of class, unlike Lovettsville “Lady”. I had nice chats at one point or another with Candace, Tom Seeman, John Milhiser, Bill Wilkens, and several other people there. Believe me my world will not come anywhere close to an end if you, Dean, and Kristen don’t talk to me. Seriously, get another obssession besides me. Lovettsville “Lady” once again shows she is no lady and, while a woman in her 60s, has the maturity level of a junior high schoolgirl. If you want to talk about funny photos, all I would need to do would be to post a single photo of you to start the hilarity really rolling. Do yourself a favor - stop making yourself look stupid by continuing to throw out immature junior high style gossip about me. Act your age for once.

12. Greg L said on 24 Jul 2011 at 5:23 pm:

“He started it” does not elevate the conversation in any way.

13. Loudoun Insider said on 24 Jul 2011 at 5:32 pm:

Just setting the record straight, although it is quite obvious. The obsession needs to be called out and ridiculed, as does the immaturity. This isn’t you they’re piling on, Greg.

14. Wolverine said on 24 Jul 2011 at 7:36 pm:

Better stop it ASAP, Greg L; or it will go on and on and on and on and on……..

15. G.Stone said on 24 Jul 2011 at 8:49 pm:

and on and on and on and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……………..

16. Lovettsville Lady said on 24 Jul 2011 at 10:13 pm:

You are so right Greg. I am so sorry that I engaged in this stupid, petty, stuff, especially on your blog. It’s so silly and it matters so very little to me or anyone else. I apologize to you and to your readers.

17. Loudoun Lady said on 25 Jul 2011 at 1:16 pm: