EW Jackson at the LCRC

By Greg L | 24 July 2011 | Loudoun County, US Senate | 6 Comments

Quite a few folks have been clamoring to see if I had any video of E. W. Jackson’s speech at the LCRC Convention. Here’s what I have. I hadn’t planned on bothering with candidates running in 2012 races as they’re already sucking way too much oxygen out of the 2011 elections, but when Jackson started bringing the house down I figured rolling camera might be a good idea. Glad I did, and wish I’d started earlier in the speech. Starting off with “I am not an African-American. I am an American!” Jackson’s speech was not only the best delivered of the day, but the one with the most memorable and insightful content by far.

While I’m not endorsing this guy at this point, I think it’s pretty clear he deserves a much closer look. There has to be an alternative to George Allen for primary voters to consider and this just might be that alternative.

1. Loudoun Insider said on 24 Jul 2011 at 6:03 pm:

I’m glad you caught some of this - EW is a superstar!

2. Lovettsville Lady said on 24 Jul 2011 at 10:08 pm:

Yes, I can see why people love his preaching! He can deliver a sermon/speech! No wonder he’s the Chaplain for the Family Foundation, and a favorite of the Tea Party in Virginia, and the Evangelical movement! He’s very uplifting and inspiring. He has a future in politics but I’d like to see him win a local race or two before heading for the Senate. He’d be great in the General Assembly! They could use some good, conservative, preachers in the state Senate!

3. Anonymous said on 25 Jul 2011 at 6:49 am:

We don’t need preachers. We need responsible, adult, accountable legislators.

I am not suggesting he is not the above - but people seem to be focusing on the fact he is a good preacher.

4. Fred said on 25 Jul 2011 at 10:48 am:

Thanks for posting this. Jackson truly is a remarkable candidate.

5. Wineplz said on 25 Jul 2011 at 2:50 pm:

Very impressive!!! I will definitely keep him on my radar!

6. Groveton said on 25 Jul 2011 at 4:39 pm:

Bishop Jackson has a long list of accomplishments to his credit. A honorably discharged US Marine, a Phi Beta Kappa undergraduate from UMAss/Boston and a graduate of Harvard Law School. He was consecrated a Bishop in 1998.

Now, take a look at Mark Warner’s resume before he became governor. His first bid for elected office was a loss to John Warner in a 1996 US Senate race. His first elected office was governor of Virginia.

I think Bishop Jackson has the all experience necessary to run for US Senate.