This Is What Happens When You Threaten BVBL

By Greg L | 10 August 2011 | Jo-Ann Chase, Loudoun County, Virginia House, Prince William County | 53 Comments

Yesterday a South Carolina law firm representing 87th House District candidate Jo-Ann Chase demanded that I “cease and desist any and all publication regarding [their] client” or they would “immediately commence legal action” against me.  Well, here at BVBL we don’t take kindly to ridiculous legal threats and have a standard response to dealing with those.  Jo-Ann Chase and her goofy attorneys can bite me.

Jo-Ann Chase has a history of using the courts to threaten and intimidate opponents.  She filed charges against LCRC Chairman Glenn Caroline which were later dismissed, she’s filed a complaint with the Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney alleging that David Ramadan’s residence isn’t in the 87th District, and now she’s threatening me with a lawsuit about publicly available information that anyone can see.

So let me show you what Jo-Ann Chase doesn’t want voters to know about her to the point of making stupid legal threats.

1. Jo-Ann Chase was sued by her 2nd husband for failure to pay child support.  (Click here for the actual Legal Pleading, 19MB zip file)
  2. Jo-Ann Chase filed suit in South Carolina to amend her child support payments – despite having nearly $100,000 in cash in her bank account, living in a $400,000 home, and driving a Mercedes Benz.  (Click here to see the actual Legal Pleading, 54MB zip file)
  3. Jo-Ann Chase claimed the a reason she couldn’t pay was because of physical and mental distress (click HERE to see what Jo-Ann Chase HERSELF entered into the PUBLIC Record, 3MB zip file).

Just the kind of person we need in the General Assembly, isn’t it?

Note: the zip files contain scans of individual pages from the court record which were put into a zip archive, and these are big files.  Most readers will find item 3 most interesting.

UPDATE: HoodaThunk weighs in with a supportive post.  Thanks for standing up for liberty!

1. Anonymous said on 10 Aug 2011 at 10:10 pm:

Holy moly! So Chase tries to use records showing she is a psycho for financial gain, but when she’s a candidate for office thinks those same records are out of bounds?

Sheesh. You’d think voters might want to know that Jo-Ann Chase needs heavy medication in order to deal with OCD, nervous breakdowns and panic attacks.

Good job making sure the voters know the truth and standing up to a bully.

2. Lovettsville Lady said on 10 Aug 2011 at 11:34 pm:

UH-OH. At a political gathering last night I heard someone say, ”never put lawsuit and blogger in the same sentence regarding BVBL”. Now I see why that statement was made! I am always happy and proud when bloggers stand up to bullies!

3. Get Bullwinkle! said on 10 Aug 2011 at 11:44 pm:

It seems we need to start getting used to the term “deadbeat mom.” Who keeps all this money in the bank and still will not pay child support when driving around in BMW and living in mansion.

Maybe time to have this woman voting on budgets. Or maybe not.

4. Charles said on 10 Aug 2011 at 11:46 pm:

I wonder if this is the “private personal information” that Loudoun Insider refused to let us see because it seemed so unseemly.

5. Lovettsville Lady said on 11 Aug 2011 at 2:06 am:

Yes Charles it is.

6. Jaspar said on 11 Aug 2011 at 3:15 am:

If Jo-Ann Chase was Jo-Bob Chase instead and the father and failed to pay proper child support do you think the impact and result would be different?

Of course it would.

7. Lloyd the Idiot said on 11 Aug 2011 at 6:40 am:

Jo-Ann really messed up in threatening suit. No one would touch this stuff before she started her threats.

8. Lloyd the Idiot said on 11 Aug 2011 at 6:52 am:

And, LvL, since when do you speak for Loudoun Insider?

9. G.Stone said on 11 Aug 2011 at 8:18 am:

Memo to Chase Campaign:

Check the history of those who threaten BVBL with lawsuits.
    Calculate the upside v. the downside of threatening BVBL with lawsuit.
    Don’t enter into a protracted pissing contest with someone who has thousands of words to throw at you , none of which are flattering in any way to your mission.
    Try not to aggitate Political Bloggers for shits and giggles.

When you kick the Bull in the balls, he sometimes turns around and shows you the horns.

10. Brian L. said on 11 Aug 2011 at 8:34 am:

Hehe, good to see you handling the lawyers with as much gusto as usual, Greg! :)

11. Sonny said on 11 Aug 2011 at 9:26 am:

Looks like I’m not the only one who is koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs!

12. Velvet Groupie said on 11 Aug 2011 at 9:34 am:

This is actually sad. Always knew there was something wrong with her and now we all know what it is.

I would never wish ill on her but I will never understand how she thought she had a chance of winning with the way she acts and reacts.

Adios JoAnn.

13. Anonymous said on 11 Aug 2011 at 10:54 am:

So let me get this straight: during the leading edge of the real estate boom Jo-Ann’s real estate business is drying up and she can’t get clients. At the same time she’s getting prescribed psychiatric medications. She claims the market was the problem, but I bet the market was booming like crazy right then.

I think what happened is that her mental condition was the reason her business was tanking. If her mental issues are so significant it can turn her into an unsuccessful real estate agent during the best real estate market conditions in fifty years, I can just imagine how she would perform as an elected official.

It’s time for Jo-Ann to bow out.

14. Fred said on 11 Aug 2011 at 11:03 am:

It is sad indeed - every way you look at it. With so much mud slinging in the 87th (from all sides), I’d be willing to bet if none of the above was an option, it would have a good chance of winning. I’m glad I don’t have to vote in this district.

I can’t stop to think of the words of Christ when he said, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7

15. Steve Thomas said on 11 Aug 2011 at 12:28 pm:

A small issue compared to the one in the post above, but one of her endorsements reads:

“Brian Leeper, Manassas City Council”

Brian is on the Manassas Park City Council.

16. Robert L. Duecaster said on 11 Aug 2011 at 2:33 pm:

“Just the kind of person we need in the General Assembly, isn’t it?”

I would be willing to bet that the diagnoses and prescriptions in the attachments to this post would be appropriate for about 60% of those serving in the GA.

I would not allow the medical history to become a part of my equation to vote for her or for her opponent(s). However, trying to stop publication of public information should be reason for concern.

17. pprados said on 11 Aug 2011 at 3:13 pm:

11 yr old business slump - no big deal. 11 year old treatment for (generic) mental illness, i.e. OCD, panic attacks, anxiety - no big deal (and probably ignored by the judge). 11+ year old hospitalization for “nervous breakdown” probably situational - no big deal. 11 year old child support dispute with factual explanation (not legal excuse) - no big deal.

But, a public figure threatening to sue over the release of publicly available information is just stupid.

Hopefully a lawsuit will be filed (sorry Greg) and we all will learn about a new cause of action for the public release of publicly available court records.

BTW I have no dog in this hunt, I just get excited about political lawsuits (real or potential).

18. John Grigsby said on 11 Aug 2011 at 4:10 pm:

Everyone has to be a victim these days Greg, and so you must be celebrating your opportunity to spin an attack as if it were a defense. Greg, how much is our poor poor victim of South Carolina lawyers receiving from David Ramadan for video work? Since you are disclosing stuff that really is highly personal and difficult to obtain, probably having cost the Ramdan campaign thousands and thousands of dollars, please disclose how much you are receiving from that campaign and, while you are at, what it cost to obtain that information?

Second, “crazy” isn’t the word for someone who has taken meds for anxiety, or who suffers from depression now and then and seeks help. If someone were severely bi-polar, it wouldn’t be advisable to run. A bit of anxiety or depression, especially as a result of dealing with a difficult / broken marriage … Greg, you should be ashamed of yourself for trucking in this stuff. I thought better of you.

19. The BulletProof Monk said on 11 Aug 2011 at 4:34 pm:

John, actually, as fast and loose as you are with the truth….or outright lies…. I think you’d be the last person to correspond with Greg on anything remotely close to being ashamed.
    I mean, how much did your last bout with the courts run you???? I mean the part that Jack Shockey didn’t pick up??

As for Lloyd…Dude, “That said, there’s still the reason it’s even out there to begin with. Care to discuss that, BVBL?”
    Are you deaf AND blind? JoAnne entered it into the court system. In the end there are only two entities who can release this information….The Court-ordered release of the info…or the person for who the information belongs to . JoAnne released it and put it into the public record in the courtroom… So it is now searchable.

Still lost?

20. Greg L said on 11 Aug 2011 at 4:46 pm:

I am not paid as a consultant or for blogging. I do video production for a living.

When I get threatened with a stupid lawsuit, I go to war. This isn’t my first rodeo in this arena by a longshot, and folks should know by now how I react to this kind of idiocy. That’s how BVBL got it’s name back in 2006, and we’re still the same way.

But thank you for the attack. Let’s me know I’m making a difference.

21. Loudoun Insider said on 11 Aug 2011 at 5:03 pm:

Jo-Ann Chase is always her own worst enenmy, and threatening to sue over this precipitated exactly what she didn’t want to happen. This was a very stupid move on her part. If these docs were truly in an open court file then she really has no case, but if it was sealed (which you would think it would be if it contained private medical records) then whoever obtained them could have some problems. Regardless, this is very personal stuff that shouldn’t be played around with, no matter who it is.

And before anyone starts crying about how I am in the bag for JAC, I am not and have never stated I was, especially after she screamed in my face unprovoked at the LCRC meeting where she filed the bogus assault charge against Glen Caroline a year or so ago. She never really had a shot in this, but Ramadan shouldn’t be given a free ride.

22. John G. said on 11 Aug 2011 at 5:44 pm:

And what about the claim by Nagi Najjar that David’s first wife’s dad was a General in a brutal Lebanese intelligence service that served as Syria’s proxy there? Is Jo-Ann’s distant medical history really of more interest than that claim?

Does your video contract with David dull your interest in what strikes me anyways as a more news-worthy claim to investigate, or are you waiting to be sued before covering that claim?

How about the claim that David Ramadan and two of his brothers signed an on-line petition demanding to be able to vote in Lebanese elections? No, nothing to see here. Just move along. David didn’t sue me, so I can’t look into that.

Like LI (never thought I’d be saying that, but it happens now and then), I recognize that both candidates are sub-optimal. I have told David from the beginning that I support his opponent because I don’t believe that David will be anything other than a loyal establishment Republican. This state needs a GOP that will offer a serious break with its “me too” past on spending. I don’t believe he offers that.

23. Other said on 11 Aug 2011 at 6:00 pm:

John G, If this is this race is about your idea of an establishment vs. conservative candidate, why did you throw out the unsubstantiated claims about Ramadan? At least BVBL can point to actual documentation and a unbelievably stupid legal threat. What you are doing is way worse, in my opinion.

24. John G. said on 11 Aug 2011 at 6:27 pm:

“Other”, you know what, you have a point, to a point. However, when you run for public office, you have to expect people to make claims that may be inaccurate, and be prepared to lay them to rest, and my point to Greg, regarding the father in law claim specifically, was that he should be looking into it and asking David Ramadan to comment. I tend to believe that the person making those claims, himself apparently formerly involved in intelligence work in Lebanon, is credible, but I don’t know that those statements are factual. They don’t strike me as the sort of ham-handed propaganda that I’d expect to see from someone who hates him.

That said, if these claims are false, then I’d expect that David, being able to amass $500,000 on a primary, including thousands to dig through paper archives to find Greg something to blog about, would be able and willing to rebut that charge quickly, and if the statement was a falsehood, to make the accuser a very unhappy person, via the court system. And, before Greg Stone throws this nonsense out about me again, I don’t buy into the “David Ramadan wants to impose Sharia” nonsense. Never have, and I’ve consistently corrected people who dish that nonsense out. If Ramadan has denied this and there is no evidence to the contrary, then shut up.

25. Greg L said on 11 Aug 2011 at 6:31 pm:

Clizbe is credible? Are you kidding me? He’s a whackjob who hasn’t been able to substantiate with evidence a single thing he’s said. So much for the vaunted spooky guy.

26. Disgusted said on 11 Aug 2011 at 6:48 pm:

Greg, I’d say 99% of the time I love to make fun of your impractical world views, but I have to admit this was well played. Inside heat at the chin is the BEST!

27. Other said on 11 Aug 2011 at 7:10 pm:

John G, There you go again. You make claims then expect someone else to research whether they are true. Sorry, that is your job if you are throwing them out there. Since no one has provided any proof that any of the supposed claims are true, the rational person discounts them.

If you want to make arguments on whether Mr Ramadan is a conservative, do so and stop devaluing your input. Argue issues and policy, please. These calls for Mr Ramadan to dissprove a negative are complete nonsense.

John, please ask Mrs Chase to answer this question, when did she stop beating her children?

28. Other said on 11 Aug 2011 at 7:14 pm:

Kent Clizbe, Pamela Geller and Frank Gaffney are all hawking books right now.

29. Greg L said on 11 Aug 2011 at 8:00 pm:

Chase is now attacking David Ramadan for being “wealthy.” I have to wonder where this class warfare idea came from and how much longer Bob Marshall will tolerate this circus before he pulls his endorsement.

As one of his constituents, I absolutely think he should consider doing so. Chase has become a huge liability.

30. Lloyd the Idiot said on 11 Aug 2011 at 8:07 pm:

BPM,
    Garsh, Mickey, ya sure is a smart un. Or not.

Look, “dude,” someone had to search those SC court records, and do so at the county clerks office in SC. Then someone had to get them to Greg, assuming he didn’t do the research himself.

31. Charles said on 11 Aug 2011 at 8:50 pm:

The Ramadan opponents have seem to have done nothing but throw out unsubstantiated claims. JG throws out wild charges with no links, no papers, no evidence, and expects that just because he said something the candidate is supposed to refute it?

And this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve seen the charge that Ramadan paid for the evidence Greg just posted. But again, there is NO evidence at all, just LI saying he “knows” how much dirt costs (never did answer how he knows how much it costs to dig up personal dirt on opponents). No evidence that it was paid for, and no evidence that the person who got the information works for Ramadan, and no evidence that Ramadan financed it.

Oh, but Ramadan raised a lot of money (which usually means support), so he MUST have paid for this information. And he has a successful business, so he must be a crook. (Wait a second, isn’t that the typical liberal argument?)

I’ve got nothing to do with this race. It’s not my district (my districts are a joke, but that’s another issue). I don’t know either of these candidates, just the crap that their supporters keep throwing around in blogs.

But if I had to make a vote based on what I’ve seen in all the blogs, I’d vote for Ramadan hands-down, because the Chase supporters are just bizarre. “Ramadan has a funny first name!!” “Ramadan owns a truck!!” “Ramadan knows which district he’s running in!!” “He’s got lots of supporters giving lot’s of money!!” “He’s Muslim!!!!”

32. G.Stone said on 11 Aug 2011 at 10:37 pm:

While others manufacture bogus issues against David Ramadan using a cast of cartoon characters, David keeps talking about real issues.

While John and his crew continue to move the goal posts every other day, David Ramadan is presenting solutions to voters. David is out talking about Jobs . David Ramadan is out talking about our economy. David Ramadan is out talking about how we are going to make our region and our state a better place to live and work.

Davids opposition and their minions are talking about how many Sharia Ghosts can dance on the head of a pin.

David is a smart, principled conservative who has had great success in the private sector and now wants to lend those talents to the commonwealth. David wants and will when elected take his business acumen to Richmond and work hard for his district. No one I know works harder than David Ramadan.

I was present at Davids event last evening in Leesburg. The room was packed, the energy level was high and support for David was impressive to say the least. When General Meese spoke of his time working with David at GMU, you could tell the General and David had bonded and worked well together. Edwin Meese talked about the David Ramadan I have come to know from our work together on the LCRC excom. His comments were genuine and from the heart. He knows David and he knows the nonsense surrounding this primary is background noise. It is the crap you have to wade through in order to get onto serious issues, issues that matter.

To Davids detractors I ask, where were you when David was working his tail off for years as a precinct captain and later as a District Chair. Where were you when David Ramadan was giving of his time , energy and treasure ? I never heard a peep out of anyone one when David was busting his ass for this party, this committee and every Republican candidate to come down the pike. Where were you when he was bailing us out when we had little in the way of resources.

My committment to this candidate does not waver, I tell him to push through the nitwittery and make his way to victory. This race is too important to be lost on the antics of fools.

33. Loudoun Activist said on 11 Aug 2011 at 11:13 pm:

Jo-Ann Chase pulled out from being a District chair two weeks before an election and David was the one tapped to pick up the pieces and pull together precinct operations right before an election. He not only got every precinct staffed but made sure each one had shelter, food and drinks to carry them through election day. I never felt more supported working a precinct than when David was running the show and for that he will have my gratitude forever. He cared about what we were doing and the cause we were supporting and the people supporting that cause.

No matter what anyone else says I saw David in action and he worked harder and smarter than anyone else I’ve ever seen. If he applies a fraction of the dedication and professionalism to being a delegate as I saw then, he will be the best legislator Virginia has ever seen.

34. Speckulator said on 12 Aug 2011 at 2:29 am:

The best thing about the court case is that the Judge took custody of Jo-Ann’s son away from her. Reading those documents showed just what an unfit mother she is, and living with his dad was the way to undo some of Jo-Ann’s damage.

She went to great lengths to try to get out of paying child support for that boy, even though she drove a luxury car, lived in a mansion, and had a fat bank account. That’s got to send a hideous message to any child.

35. Steve Thomas said on 12 Aug 2011 at 8:51 am:

“I tend to believe that the person making those claims, himself apparently formerly involved in intelligence work in Lebanon, is credible, but I don’t know that those statements are factual.”

John G.,

I am amazed at your choice of tactics here. Whereas Greg has limited his to the candidate in question, and has used public documents to support his arguments, you choose to use “guilt by association”, heresay, gratuitous assertions and unsubstantiated smears. Since you’ve chosen to use Alinsky-esque tactics to both defend your candidate and attack her opponent, why oh why should any rational Republican voter take you or your candidate seriously?

36. Brian Reynolds said on 12 Aug 2011 at 9:55 am:

There is no better way to characterize David Ramadan than to mirror what Greg mentioned above.

Both my wife and I are proud to know David and proud to support him for what he has done and will continue to do for Loudoun and the Commonwealth.

The event with General Meese and his speech in support of David was heartfelt and inspiring and while endorsements do not win an election, they do, here in Loudoun, offer the best representation to those who otherwise may not know a candidate personally and rely on the character and strength of others in support to gain a more informed view. Here, General Meese did not give a blind endorsement, he and David have worked together through our great Governor Bob McDonnell and David earned the respect and support of General Meese and obviously Governor McDonnell.

That type of character reference is not to be taken lightly.

Onward and upward David!

37. G.Stone said on 12 Aug 2011 at 11:04 am:

Well said Brian. I will put it another way. I will judge these candidates based on the caliber of their support base. I will take General Meese as an advocate any day of the week. We got to see one of the men who helped the Great Ronald Reagan make history. We got to listen to the man who was key in dispatching the former Soviet Union to the ass heap of history. That same man stood before 100 plus Republican patriots and said he admired and had the highest opinion of David Ramadan. He asked us to help David get elected in Virginia.

When General Meese asks for your help, you salute and get to work.

38. Anonymous said on 12 Aug 2011 at 11:22 am:

@ Loudoun Activist said on 11 Aug 2011 at 11:13 pm: Flag comment

I am new to this issue and rarely visit this site, but I must say that this comment is one of the few useful posts. Instead of slinging mud, I woulo prefer to hear what the candidates offer. DR’s apparent dedication to the party has me sold.

39. annon said on 12 Aug 2011 at 11:30 am:

@Loudoun Activist said on 11 Aug 2011 at 11:13 pm: Flag comment

The most useful post so far. I am new to this issue, do not live in the district and rarely visit this site. However, If could vote for DR or JC, I would be persuade to vote for DR due to his clear committment to the part as oppose to titles and self interest. While the mud slinging is engrossing, it is nothing more than high calorie, low nutrition junk.

40. G.Stone said on 12 Aug 2011 at 12:12 pm:

so sorry, I meant ash heap, not ass heap. Althought ass heap might also work.

41. Phantom said on 13 Aug 2011 at 6:39 am:

Who is General Meese - is it former Attorney General Meese that is mentioned?

42. Disgusted said on 13 Aug 2011 at 8:06 am:

Having looked at campaign websites for both candidates, what I see are that:

1) Ramadan is a conservative supported by more of the “establishment” Republicans; Cantor, Stewart, May, etc.

2) Chase is equally conservative and is supported by the Tea Party.

I am shocked Greg! Normally you rage about how the RINOs (and here I see Ramadan resembling that more) are the reason for the decline of western civilization. Yet, here you are ready to go to war with a Tea Party candidate that would rid Richmond of the same-’ol-same-’ol. Did Chase’s campaign decided to go with a different video production company? She didn’t step on your yard like those kids, did she? This is starting to look more like a knee-jerk reaction to a bluff that should have been ignored.

Granted, Chase comes across on this blog as batshat crazy, but from what little I can glean from their respective websites, it appears Ramadan would be a better fit in the HOD and get more done for the 87th being a member of the majority party. He appears to be much better qualified, industrious, intelligent, and can network. Chase looks like the mom in the movie Dirty Dancing (”Who did your nose?”).

43. JTR said on 13 Aug 2011 at 8:36 am:

Phantom- You would be correct. AG Meese was as bright and strong as ever. He provided insight to his days with the Reagan admin and presented David;s records, accomplishments, and proposals in a way that truly showed what a great mind he has. I am sure Mr. Reagan would also insist that AG Meese was one of his most respected advisers. I know David is blessed to have his friendship and counsel.

44. Greg L said on 13 Aug 2011 at 9:27 am:

I got really tired of Jo-Ann calling me up and lying to me, and people I work with on a pretty frequent basis. She caused all sorts of trouble spreading a rumor that Tony Kostelecky cancelled a convention in order to favor a candidate for office, which wasn’t true and was obviously not true. She called me up as part of the effort to make people think David is a sleeper terrorist and sharia law supporter to try to get me to start attacking him, stories that are not true and with just a little bit of checking obviously not true.

She is a fount of all sorts of stories that aren’t true, and I get sick of that kind of crap really quickly. She cannot distinguish between truth and fiction, or she is dumb enough to think that building a campaign on lies is good politics. She has no business in politics.

45. Other said on 13 Aug 2011 at 11:51 am:

The “establishment” and RINO claims against Ramadan are completely unfounded. I suppose if Eric Cantor or Corey Stewart (laughably listed as a RINO above) and any of the dozens of other republicans endorsing Mr Ramadan had approached Mrs Chase with an endorsement, she would have rebuffed their offer?

John G has enjoyed the role of finger pointer for years, he thrives on dividing and trashing who he deems “establishment”. I’m not sure who put him in charge of labeling Loudoun County republicans, but I know he and Mrs Chase are similar in their tactics and it is not appreciated or respected by thinking people. There is too much information out there for people to take the analysis of either seriously. They both quit when they don’t get their way, then agitate from the sidelines. I don’t call them Tea Party, I call them malcontents.

46. Lloyd the Idiot said on 13 Aug 2011 at 2:42 pm:

“I will judge these candidates based on the caliber of their support base.”

Thank goodness! At least Stone isn’t doing any independent thinking.

47. gstone said on 13 Aug 2011 at 3:26 pm:

Lloyd. Please unravel yourself from the axle of personality politics. We get it that your nose is out of joint and your need to play the role of defender for others . We get it. Reread what I said in context to the entire conversation and it will come to you. Your thinly veiled attempt to get me to bash certain folks and start a clusterfoxtrot for your amusement is cute but no thank you. You know when someone has a bug up their ass when they agreee with you yet still search in desperation for a way to disagree. Btw I am typing this on a blackberry with my thumbs,so be a sport and suspend your role as assistant chief spell checker. This really is a pain in the ass.

48. The BulletProof Monk said on 14 Aug 2011 at 9:01 pm:

“Look,dude, someone had to search those SC court records, and do so at the county clerks office in SC. Then someone had to get them to Greg, assuming he didn’t do the research himself”

Nope. Anyone with $15.00 bucks and a computer could do that research in 10 minutes.
    It’s on the intraweb at a number of people searches for court documents. It’s in those court cocuments because JoAnne put it there by entering it as a defense.

49. Lloyd the Idiot said on 15 Aug 2011 at 7:50 am:

BPM, I don’t see the SC family courts records online. do you have a link to the site to which you refer?

50. Lovettsville Lady said on 15 Aug 2011 at 1:03 pm:

You have to pay $15 and search for them.

51. Cry Me a River said on 15 Aug 2011 at 3:48 pm:

Ms. Chase chose to run for office. Any notoriety she has, is her own fault. It was loike you went looking for a private citizen to pick on. Besides, this stuff is relevant to her candidacy. If she didn’t want the scrutiny, then she could have remained a private citizen, outside the public eye.

52. Cry Me a River said on 15 Aug 2011 at 3:49 pm:

Sorry, my post came up compressed and garbled (probably because I stink as a typist). What I said was: It was not like you went looking for a private citizen to pick on.

53. Speckulator said on 16 Aug 2011 at 10:14 am:

Jo-Ann Chase could have paid a few hundred dollars in lawyer and filing fees to petition the court to have that portion of the record sealed. So much for her pro-active management skills and fitness to be a legislator.

Woulda-coulda-shoulda.