The Jo-Ann Chase Insanity Circus

By Greg L | 19 August 2011 | 87th HOD District, Jo-Ann Chase | 34 Comments

On Wednesday we will be done with having a nutcase like Jo-Ann Chase running for office, and for me that moment cannot come soon enough.  Having crazy people in politics just makes life difficult for too many good people, and the last few days have been crazy — as in off-your-meds, break out the straightjackets crazy.

The other night while David Ramadan’s campaign was doing a lit drop, Jo-Ann calls the Sheriff’s office to complain that her yard signs are getting stolen and that the Ramadan campaign is responsible, and she has the evidence to prove it.  So a Deputy gets dispatched to sort this all out and of all things Chase wants to have a personal confrontation among the people she is accusing instead of filing a report and just letting law enforcement handle it.  The Deputy shows up and Jo-Ann goes on a long tirade but when asked to produce the evidence so the Deputy would have probable cause to make an arrest, there is none.  No pictures (as she alleged she had), and no witnesses (which she alleged she had).  I feel sorry for the law enforcement professional that had to deal with this, but apparently it was good for a hearty laugh within the Ramadan campaign.  When your opponent devotes a lot of energy to acting like a nutcase, it kind of makes an election easier to win.

The second item comes from Jo-Ann Chase’s attack dog Kent Clizbe. Kent is a real estate agent who runs all over the place claiming that he’s a former CIA agent and writing about how David Ramadan is a closet jihadist and Sharia Law supporter.  Funny, everyone I ever met who worked with intelligence agencies (and I’ve met and worked with quite a few) was hugely circumspect about their work, not only in order to protect national security interests, but for their own protection.  So I mention this real estate guy who supposedly was such a big spook just once, and he has some lawyers draw up a cease and desist letter that I’m supposed to respond with written apologies by today, just in time for the Chase campaign to use for political purposes.

I don’t think I quite need the NSA to help me figure that one out.

You’d think some sort of big-time intelligence agent would know by now that “bite me” is the response you get to this dumb attempt to silence the political discourse with lawyers.  I’ve dealt with this kind of bullying how many times already?  Now if a real estate sales guy who wants to dress up as a special operator when he’s alone and run around his basement with a toy gun pretending to take out bad guys, well, that I suppose I can imagine.  I think I was doing something like that when I was around six years old.  It was fun, but I grew out of it.  Perhaps some people don’t.

Maybe Jo-Ann Chase can lend him some of her meds.  Seems like that campaign could qualify for a volume discount.

1. Isophorone said on 19 Aug 2011 at 6:17 pm:

The “off the meds” crew has also been attacking Scott Martin.

2. Barbara Munsey said on 19 Aug 2011 at 7:32 pm:

Some very strong supporters of JAC are as follows, who praise Martin for turning over a donation from Ramadan to a synagogue:

My inbox hitpiece of today was a rehash of the residency email, now sent out under the campaign’s aegis instead of “Bill Williams”, and is written by none other than Jon Moseley, who admits in the piece that it was he who filed the complaint.

Anyone who’s been here for a while will recall Jon dropping out of the 03 CA’s race in Loudoun, after his new voter registration card was unable to be delivered to the basement he was in the process of moving into from his Arlington apartment.

Can anyone tell me who “Candidates Forum (Let The Truth Be Known)” aka [name redacted by request] is? He sent out a doozy against David/for Jo-Ann night before last, and that’s who “Bill Williams” claimed picked up the docs in SC.

So, is the campaign actually a double secret squirrel probation false flag?

3. G.Stone said on 19 Aug 2011 at 8:49 pm:

Greg, your take on this is solid. This is what happens when you have a campaign void of issues or ideas, ideas bigger than those that fit on a bumper sticker that is.
    What gets me is their cavalier attitude when it comes to wasting the time of our Law Enforcement officials. These people have real crimes and important work to do. They can not be used as JoAnn’s referee or therapist.

This behavior is really making Republicans in Loudoun look bad. This is the foolish behavior one would expect from lefty loons. Now we are going to have to deal with stories of right wing loons from this point forward.

At a time when Democrats are running our country into a ditch, it is time serious grownups take over at all levels of Gov’t. Voters become suspect of Republican claims that we want to reform government when we have candidates who display such foolish behavior.

Get serious.

4. Barbara Cummings said on 19 Aug 2011 at 9:52 pm:

Ileana Johnson has endorsed Miller Baker. http://www.modernconservative.com

“I spoke with Miller Baker, candidate for Virginia State Senate 39thdistrict. He is a constitutional lawyer who heads the appellate practice of a major national law firm in Washington, D.C.

Miller is running on a platform of returning Virginia to the tenets of our Constitution and restoring the economic stability threatened by the out-of-control spending of a Democrat-controlled government in love with bailouts, failed economic stimuli, and quantitative easing that will further indebt generations yet unborn and put severe inflationary burdens on the current generation of Virginians.

He has argued and won cases in the U.S. Supreme Court. He is currently fighting against an “unconstitutional federal statute that allows unscrupulous plaintiffs’ attorneys to file frivolous lawsuits against U.S. companies merely because a company’s products are marked with expired patent numbers.”

In the Virginia Supreme Court, Miller won an important victory for the First Amendment rights of all Virginians. He defeated Mark Warner’s and the Virginia Democrat Party’s “attempt to suppress, through a state court injunction, the Family Foundation’s distribution of voter guides.”

A legal scholar, Miller made numerous appearances on CNN, Fox News, and testified three times before the House and Senate Judiciary Committees. The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, and the Washington Post quoted his congressional testimony.

Miller served in all three branches of the federal government. “As Republican counsel to Senator Orrin Hatch on the staff of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Miller played a key role in the confirmation hearings for Justice Clarence Thomas. As one of the youngest lawyers in the Reagan Justice Department at age 24, Miller worked on the selection of federal judges and drafted material that President Reagan used in speeches and legislative signing statements. Miller clerked for a federal appeals court judge and a federal district judge.”

Miller served our country for eight years as a naval reserve officer. He performed assignments at sea and anti-terrorism exercises. He received an honorable discharge.

Miller is very active in his neighborhood and school organizations. He advised the Boy Scout Troop 554 in Prince William County for several years as committee chair.

Professional memberships include the Reagan Alumni Association, the Federalist Society, the Virginia State Bar, and the Center for the Arts in Manassas.

Miller is an exemplary family man. He and his wife of twenty years, Margaret, have five children. The oldest son is following his dad’s service tradition. William is a Naval ROTC Midshipman at the University of Notre Dame.

I asked Miller how he felt about United Nations Agenda 21. He categorically stated that anything that United Nations was trying to implement, he was definitely against it.

Such an accomplished career conservative, honorable and experienced man will make a fine Senator that all Virginians will respect, knowing that he will serve his constituents’ interests, will do what he promised and was elected to do, and will protect and improve Virginia’s bright future.”

5. Greg L said on 19 Aug 2011 at 10:10 pm:

Barbara, that’s awfully off-topic. Since I like Miller a lot I’m gonna leave this, but since I’ll be talking about all the candidates very soon, how about we wait until the appropriate thread, huh?

6. Huh? said on 19 Aug 2011 at 10:14 pm:

Who are these people?

How many people are they?

Are they really that crazy?

7. Barbara Munsey said on 19 Aug 2011 at 10:47 pm:

It is a small group, a local chapter of the Tea Party Patriots. Approximately four attended the recent Frank Gaffney/Kent Clizbe etc protest across the street from David’s event with Edwin Meese.

I know one of the women, and she is honestly a good person, who is diving into retirement by joining Constitution discussion groups, being active in Tea Party, and against Agenda 21 and sharia.

The divisions amongst some who are active in Tea Party in Loudoun do little service to the good people who try to be involved through honest intentions, and that is one of the things I find most insidiously wrong with some of those supporting Mrs. Chase here: they deliberately play on honest concerns like a harp, and as was admitted by John G on a previous thread about this race, it isn’t even about any of the concerns being hit on: John claimed he corrects people when they say David is a terrorist sharia promoter etc, but John set up the Clizbe meeting that Mr. ex secret agent is dining out on all over town, so to speak.

John has occasionally been honest and admitted that he prefers Chase because hse’s someone who will shake things up. he has yet to fully admit that he is contributing to manipulating well-intended people like this women’s group (and others) simply because David’s heritage provides a free ride to attack.

8. Barbara Cummings said on 19 Aug 2011 at 10:48 pm:

Sorry, Greg. I only put it up because the first two comments were both specifically about Scott Martin. (”Isophorone” and Barbara Munsey)

9. Lovettsville Lady said on 19 Aug 2011 at 11:50 pm:

This is not the first time that Jo Ann Chase has called the police over nothing. A few years back she accused the LCRC chairman of assault, at an LCRC meeting, in front of hundreds of people. She called the police who were forced to investigate these absurd charges. They found no evidence of any assault. That didn’t stop her from talking about this alleged ”assault” for months. She was demanding that the chair be removed and threatening to sue him for this non-assault. At the same time she was demanding our chair’s removal, she was also demanding that our wonderful Congressman Frank Wolf be replaced. Personally, I would support HER removal from the republican party. She’s a complete embarrassment to our party.

10. gstone said on 20 Aug 2011 at 6:09 am:

Barbara you have hit on the core issue here. The chase campaign and its proxy John have id’d some legitimate issues that are of concern to many voters and linked them to David knowing full well there most will not do the research required to figure put it is crap. This is the game they play. Float certain information to single cause surrogates let them gin up the false narrative while they them selves can stand back and deny any part of the travesty. It is a political strategy as old as the hill ,it is the stuff usually utilized by weak minded leftists. However,John has proven he too can engage in dishonest political nitwittery with the best of the leftists loons.

11. Loudoun Lady said on 20 Aug 2011 at 7:17 am:

I am surprised at Scott Martin, as I have heard some good things about him. Double secret squirrel stuff combined with Abigail Adams is indeed confusing.

12. G.Stone said on 20 Aug 2011 at 9:04 am:

I can’t do this from my BlackBerry anymore:
    full well there = full well that
    figure put it is crap= gigure out it is crap
    as old as the hill = as old as the hills

So sorry, roving grammer and spelling cops can stand down.

13. JTR said on 20 Aug 2011 at 10:32 am:

Have seen both hit pieces regarding the residency issue. Neither offers anything other than innuendo and circumstantial evidence that does not connect the dots unless you have a pre-drawn line from start to conclusion and bend the so called data to fit. Now I don’t know Mr. Williams, but I do know Mr. Mosely and in my opinion, he too is as certifiable as JAC. I know that the CA has referred this claim to the Arlington CA for action, but until we hear from that office, I will continue to ignore these claims and would recommend others to do the same.

14. Barbara Munsey said on 20 Aug 2011 at 10:35 am:

I am not criticizing Martin; I know nothing about him. It’s quite possible he received something protesting money from David, and to be on the safe side donated it elsewhere–he may not have the time to get to the bottom of stuff outside his district in HIS own campaign.

Neither am I criticizing the Abigail Adams ladies; they honestly love their country and strive to be active patriots.

I AM criticizing the cynical use of people who network via the web, through web-based crap like some of the stuff going around. As Greg discusses.

Plenty of people have their buddy list, their fb friends, and so on.

And plenty of people know that sending or posting something gives it an immediate shot-heard-round-the-world value.

The problem comes when good people with good intentions trust on faith when maybe they shouldn’t, simply because someone belongs to the same group, and so on.

And that trust has been used to the hilt to attack scary foreign different (probably not a citizen but a foreign agent!) David—here in the weeks leading up to the 10th avviversary of 9-11, which appears in the trash emails too.

15. Lloyd said on 20 Aug 2011 at 2:51 pm:

David had a hit-piece on Jo-Ann that hit mailboxes yesterday. As much as I was disappointed by its tone, it was hard to argue with the facts.

Tuesday can’t come soon enough.

16. Newbie said on 20 Aug 2011 at 5:27 pm:

I’m thinking Ramadan wouldn’t be so over the top in this campaign if his opponent wasn’t a quite small woman instead of some well heeled guy. If he happens to lose we should probably find him a rubber room to hold up in until he gets over it.

17. Barbara Munsey said on 20 Aug 2011 at 5:35 pm:

newbie, I’m betting he wouldn’t have raised so much money and be sending so much stuff if his opponent didn’t have a group of anonymous hitpeople accusing him of every bad thing since the Crusades (which some of them ALSO reference in why they think he shouldn’t be voted for).

Tell me, re the “eyes wide shut” meme: are any of the people who believe the Crusades are a good reason not to vote for this modern day Saracen devil in possession of OPEN eyes simply because they read certain blogs and are on certain email lists?

Interesting to see Mr. Stockman at the Gaffney protest in Leesburg. He had some of the same anonymous hitpeople, but at least everyone in the county could vote in that contest–some of the main drivers in this one aren’t anywhere near the district.

18. not a newbie said on 20 Aug 2011 at 5:37 pm:

Newbie, if you think a Ramadan would not do in this type of political battle if the opponent were a “well heeled guy”.

Then yes….. you are indeed a “newbie”.

19. Newbie said on 21 Aug 2011 at 9:01 am:

Sigh…..I haven’t seen anything about the Crusades and lately my interest in history is focused on the USA, but after 9/11 we were asked to “connect the dots”. Mr. Ramadan has issued conflicting explanations to questions on his background and circumstances. Notwithstanding circumstances about some attorney involved in the case of Ramadan’s residence I, for one, do not buy that he lives with his parents IN the 87th but occasionally visits his wife in the home he owns that ISN’T. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

Just as President Obama got a pass on all the questions in his background so we wouldn’t be unfairly accused of racism, people are bending over backward to protect Ramadan from himself.

20. Barbara Munsey said on 21 Aug 2011 at 10:10 am:

Sigh…sorry you missed the Crusades (that’s been over at LTM) but you’re right on time with the Obama comparison. That seems to be the scary word of the day today.

Some of the dots you’re connecting are akin to Tom Skeritt drawing on Shirley MacLaine’s balding St. Bernard with a magic marker in Steel Magnolias.

And it explains a lot why so many people with such large concerns are getting so little done–they’re too busy emailing each other with bridges for sale.

21. Newbie said on 21 Aug 2011 at 12:40 pm:

Bridges notwithstanding, in my very humble opinion David Ramadan does not live in the 87th District. But one of the amazing things i have noticed since moving to Loudoun is that the local politicians seem to have made an art form of playing musical residences. Black, Speakman, Ramadan just being recent examples. I’m planning to research the actual legal requirement language before I give up beating this drum and if Ramadan wins I get even louder for the next two years because I despise hypocrisy.

As “notanewbie” reminded me, I am somewhat naive about politics but it doesn’t make me wrong…in my humble opinion.

22. Barbara Munsey said on 21 Aug 2011 at 1:18 pm:

By all means research it–a good place to start might be in Jom Plowman’s email that David circulated after the “Bill Willimas” hitpiece with documents created on computer software licenced to Mr. Chase, which quotes the pertinent section of code. That email which refutes the “federal investigation” and other hysterical inflations in the “Williams” piece.

Researching is always a good place to START before circulating statements and opinions, and questions based on fear.

23. Lovettsville Lady said on 21 Aug 2011 at 2:23 pm:

I had thought it was only democrats who used scare tactics to scare little old ladies into the voting booth. They have done that kind of stuff for decades, telling little old ladies that evil republicans are going to take away their social security checks. It can sometimes work with people whose mental capacities are diminished. Now I find that our own republican candidates are doing the same thing! The Chase campaign wants to scare those with diminished mental capacities into believing that David Ramadan had something to do with 9/11, wants to impose Sharia law on Virginia and will do so the second he gets to Richmond, and he probably had something to do with Christ’s crucifixion since he isn’t seen regularly at the local Baptist Church.

I hate these kinds of bigoted scare tactics that are being used by the Chase campaign to scare little old gullible republican ladies, and others who are not able to discern the truth. Shame on them! It’s the worst kind of voter exploitation, taking advantage of vulnerable, mentally challenged, people.

24. Mary Gail Swenson said on 21 Aug 2011 at 4:13 pm:

Barbara, I laughed so hard at the Tom Skerritt bit in Steel Magnolias, I embarrassed my husband. I couldn’t stop. It was awful because it was supposed to be a sad movie. Thanks for reminding me. :)

25. Barbara Munsey said on 21 Aug 2011 at 5:37 pm:

Mrs. Swenson, laughter through tears is one of my favorite emotions too, and I always ALWAYS start when the Easter Bunny jumps on the back of the motorcycle and heads off to the delivery room through Natchitoches.

Sometimes in Loudoun politics it’s hard to know whether to laugh or cry, isn’t it?

26. Barbara Munsey said on 21 Aug 2011 at 5:39 pm:

Lovettsvill Lady, I wouldn’t necessarily say everyone that i think is being manipulated is somehow diminished; I would suggest they as a matter of prudence apply their concerned lack of trust for anyone and anything middle eastern to some of the people they automatically seem to countenance simply because they have a Gadsden flag on their website, or a cross, or…

27. Not a Follower said on 21 Aug 2011 at 6:02 pm:

I find it interesting that I asked the Chase campaign for some concrete evidence of which they were accusing Ramadan of. That was a month ago and still have not been given any proof. Ms. Chase should have verifiable proof of what she is talking about before she makes accusations.

28. Newbie said on 21 Aug 2011 at 7:12 pm:

I would have laughed at the Steel Magnolias comment if I had “gotten it”. Saw the movie but don’t recall taking away any erudite life affirming thought to live by. Since I don’t have the rear view mirror of Loudoun politics to guide me, I have to rely on MY life experience and common sense, Ramadan does not live I the District he wants to represent.

29. Barbara Munsey said on 21 Aug 2011 at 7:14 pm:

okay newb, please provide the proof. Documented. Created somewhere other than a Chase-registered computer.

You’ve made a declarative statement as if it were fact.

Cough it up.

The world is waiting.

30. Lovettsville Lady said on 21 Aug 2011 at 10:57 pm:

Newbie, for someone who claims to be new to the county, you sure seem to care a heck of a lot about where David Ramadan lives. Me thinks you are not a Newbie but someone we see quite often on the blogs, someone who is like a dog with a bone. He latches on to an issue, or even a phrase, and says the same thing at least a thousand times. “Didn’t kiss their ass” is an example of such. You might have seen that around the blogs, at least a thousand times. It was wrong the first time and continues to be wrong. Repeating your point a thousand times will not make it any more true than it was (or wasn’t) the first time. For instance, claiming to be new to the county a thousand times doesn’t make that any more believable, nor does it give you any additional credence. But it does make one wonder why you say that with every post. Just a word to the wise, you wouldn’t want people to think that you are somehow related to that repetitive asshat who says the same tired things on various blogs, over and over for years.

31. Loudoun Lady said on 22 Aug 2011 at 6:58 am:

At some point Newbie won’t be new anymore. Will they change their name to “Not so Newbie”?

32. Newbie said on 22 Aug 2011 at 9:27 am:

OK ladies, I moved in during a snow storm December ‘09. So on my 2nd anniversary i’ll think about adopting a suitably snarky handle to continue posting with. I’m thinking you all have been at this so long you see a sock puppet under every bed. Honestly some things are just what they appear to be.

33. G.Stone said on 22 Aug 2011 at 9:56 am:

First of all , new or not, Newbie sounds like a little girls toy, the next crazed Christmas gift. Get yourself a new name, better yet ,use your real name.

34. Barbara Munsey said on 22 Aug 2011 at 11:09 am:

Lots of people dump socks everywhere, newb.

Being married to a man, having given birth to one, and being trailed everywhere by an intact male spaniel with an insatiable appetite for laundry, this I know.