Election Results

By Greg L | 23 August 2011 | Loudoun County, Fairfax County, Prince William County | 28 Comments

As they come in…

Senate 13: Dick Black WINS with 39% of the vote with 100% reporting, Stirrup at 37%, Fitzsimmonds at 24%.  The margin of victory is 113 votes.

Senate 36: Frederick WINS with 69% with 100% reporting.

Senate 37: Flanary WINS with 55%, 100% reporting.

Senate 39: Baker WINS 73% with 100% reporting.

HOD 10: Minchew WINS 42% with 100% precincts reporting.  Whitbeck at 38%, Townsend at 22%.

HOD 87: Ramadan WINS with 56%, 100% of precincts reporting.

Gainesville Supervisor: Candland WINS with 43%, 100% of precincts reporting.  Hendley at 33%, Miller at 13%, Botello at 9% and High at 2%.

Brentsville Supervisor: Covington WINS with 53%, 100% of precincts reporting.  159 votes separate them.

Coles Supervisor: Nohe WINS with 73% of the vote, 100% of precincts reporting.

1. Not a Follower said on 23 Aug 2011 at 7:29 pm:

Well that sucks

2. Not a Follower said on 23 Aug 2011 at 7:30 pm:

I should clarify…. On most of the races.

3. Not a Follower said on 23 Aug 2011 at 7:40 pm:

What’s up with the Sudley district? No reports yey

4. Prester John said on 23 Aug 2011 at 7:58 pm:

I haven’t seen any race where more than 13% of the registered voters actually voted and have seen as low as in the 3’s.

Pathetic.

5. Dave in PWC said on 23 Aug 2011 at 8:37 pm:

I was voter #33 at Mullen at 11am this morning

6. That's funny said on 23 Aug 2011 at 9:17 pm:

So much for the Rural Crescent Pledge. The new candidates owe the ARC nothing… And will probably pay what they owe. I hope future Republican candidates learned a lesson here. If you want to hang out with Democrats and seek Democratic endorsement… run as a Democrat!

7. Mr. Anon said on 23 Aug 2011 at 9:25 pm:

Nohe won? I guess CASA will be happy. At least now I will be able to open my front door without getting rained on with Nohe campaign pamphlets. Those illegals give much pesos, no?

8. Anonymous said on 23 Aug 2011 at 9:44 pm:

Fitzsimmons loses again and takes Stirrup out in the process.

9. Speckulator said on 23 Aug 2011 at 9:50 pm:

Scott Martin didn’t just lose. He was publicly castrated. 73.6% to 26.4%.

10. Gnarly said on 24 Aug 2011 at 12:33 am:

“Anonymous said on 23 Aug 2011 at 9:44 pm:
    Fitzsimmons loses again and takes Stirrup out in the process.”

The most important statement to be said about ANYTHING that happened today.

What’s your f’ing problem….stop running dude!!

11. Sick & Tired said on 24 Aug 2011 at 5:54 am:

Stirrup lost it in Loudoun County. Fitzsimmons did not lose it for Stirrup, Stirrup lost it himself. Loudoun county has a totally different mindset than PW.

12. Joe Doc said on 24 Aug 2011 at 7:06 am:

If Fitzsimmons doesn’t run, does Black get all of the votes that went to Fitzsimmons?

13. The BulletProof Monk said on 24 Aug 2011 at 7:28 am:

Some folks are best at divisive rhetoric, and they contribute nothing.
    I worked for John Stirrup, and believed in him.
    At the end of the day, I had a couple of volunteers that could canvass the western Loudoun precincts with hand bills and yard signs out front. I stopped by Stirrups Leesburg office to pick them up while I was there to pick up my George Allen assignment…and there were none.

I travel all day in the western part of the County…and there is NO Stirrup presence.
    No signs, no handouts, no nothing….
    Fitzsimmons had a great ground game going in … he had sign presence out on major roadways, he had yardsigns in the damnedest places…with neighbors I’ve known for years. Bob worked this county HARD….and earned every single vote that he got. He CARRIED three western precincts!

To cheapen this to a standard loss is juvenile as well as myopic. Best I can tell you is to get your sorry sophomoric ass out there next time. Bob abd his group certainly did!

14. Gainesville said on 24 Aug 2011 at 7:28 am:

Sick and Tired, you are somewhat correct in that ultimate blame for every losing election comes down to the fault of the candidate themselves. Period.

That being said, had our dumbass “perrinial candidate”, Bob (I know in my heart Im electable) FItzsimmonds not been in this race, Stirrup would most definately gotten enough votes in PWC to overcome his losses in Loudon.

Thanks for nothin Fitzsimmonds you piece of shit.

15. The BulletProof Monk said on 24 Aug 2011 at 7:30 am:

With that, I am sitting here among many more….awaiting JoAnne’s letter or phone call to concede to the Ramadan Team.

16. Gainesville said on 24 Aug 2011 at 7:37 am:

The guy loses. Period. He is just too damn dumb to realize he’s unelectable.

17. The BulletProof Monk said on 24 Aug 2011 at 7:52 am:

Until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes…who are you to question the run?
    Every year some dunce comes out to challenge Frank Wolf. Every year they retreat with their tails between their legs.(having garnered a hard fought 8.5% of the votes in the primary — if they even go THAT far before dropping out).

Yet, I’ll DEFEND their right to do that! Because this is America….and we are allowed to do that. Don’t Blame Bob… he did his best.
    Blame Stirrup. His game needed work. (and I say that as someone who is the past immediate 72 HR /GOTV man for Loudoun. I say that as someone who was working for Stirrup)

18. Numbers don't lie said on 24 Aug 2011 at 8:08 am:

Look at the numbers… Stirrup lost by 113 votes. FitzSimmonds got 1923 votes. If Fitz was not in the race you have to think more than 113 votes would have gone to Stirrup. Wally won by 159 votes. That’s not a lot and should wake up a lot of people.

19. Said said on 24 Aug 2011 at 8:39 am:

For the 3 BOCS races, the developers have won big in Prince William and appear to run the Republican show, yawn, more of the same coming my way, someone tell me something good about the Democrat running against Nohe please.

20. Anonymous said on 24 Aug 2011 at 8:48 am:

Re. “…something good about the Democrat…”, I understand he’s pro choice. He’s a “*******” Democrat! I don’t plan to trade a Nohe for a more liberal version of Principi.

Be careful what you wish for.

21. Bruce Baxter said on 24 Aug 2011 at 9:10 am:

Just consider Nohe a Democrat, it will make you feel better.

If Stirrup hadn’t entered the race, would FitzSimmond have won? Not sure who the spoiler was in this race.

Dick Black will serve you well. Have it on good authority that he is anti-Mormon but sometimes you have to grin and bare it. That doesn’t play too well in the Rocky Mountains but you may get away with it in the southeast.

Bruce Baxter
    Idaho Falls, ID (until it gets cold)

PS: Hope you and your loved ones were not adversely impacted by yesterday’s earthquake an are minimally impacted by Irene.

22. Loudoun Lady said on 24 Aug 2011 at 9:53 am:

If I’m not mistaken, Stirrup only had to change the minds of 57 voters for this to have gone the other way. This was a very close election, we need to support Dick Black but keep in mind that John Stirrup will be back. He has my support in any future race, and with lessons learned - he will be a leader we can enjoy in VA for years to come.

23. Anonymous said on 24 Aug 2011 at 11:26 am:

I’m personally happy about the pro-development victory. Vote democratic if you want to be anti-business: there is no room for that in the republican party in my opinion. This anti-growth anti-developer rhetoric might as well be coming form Obama or Pelosi. This election was a victory for the free market and property rights!

An no, I am not a developer but am one who is ecstatic with all the great development happening in western PWC. Movie theatre on its way now!

24. Joe Doc said on 24 Aug 2011 at 11:28 am:

I concur with LL: Stirrup had my support, but Black has it now. Time to win that seat.

25. G.Stone said on 24 Aug 2011 at 12:14 pm:

Congrats to Team Ramadan for working through the nonsense and pulling out a sizable victory. Let it be known that the VCDL and NRA endorsements meant alot in this race. In a race where both candidates profess to be 2A and gun rights supporters it is up to those who work the issue to provide the needed guidance for gunowners. David Ramadan was dedicated to gun rights before he was a candidate and will remain so when elected.

26. K.O'toole said on 24 Aug 2011 at 1:44 pm:

Who’s the Dem that Ramadan will face?

27. Anonymous said on 24 Aug 2011 at 5:36 pm:

“Bullet Proof, you are correct that Bob had a good ground game going. I would have to say, of course he had a good ground game going. THIS IS THE FIFTH FRIIGIN TIME HE HAS RUN FOR A GENERAL ASSEMBLY SEAT. one usually tends to get the fundamentals down when you do something over and over and over.
    The guy loses. Period. He is just too damn dumb to realize he’s unelectable.”

This was actually Bob’s 4th race and his first 3 were against Chuck Colgan. Now, Gainesville, how many Republicans in the past 30 years have managed to beat Chuck Colgan? Dwell on that statistic before you start saying someone is a loser ya dumbass.

28. Tom Clemente said on 26 Aug 2011 at 12:03 pm:

Stirrup did a very wise thing by opening up a Loudoun County Office with another well-known local Republican candidate, but then failed to use this great location office to gain a beachhead in Loudoun. Like BPM, twice I went by to get Stirrup signs only to find the office staffed by the other Republican’s campaign staff.

And, on the Saturday morning before the primary, I went over to Stirrup’s Loudoun Office for the megacanvass planned for that day and once again, only found the other Republican’s staff and volunteers firing up their blackberries for door-to-door work. I was told that Team Stirrup called off the Loudoun Saturday morning megacanvass at the last minute to focus on Prince William.

Who knows? If Stirrup had done that Saturday morning Loudoun canvass, he might be the Republican nominee today.