Local TSA Employee Rapes Woman

By Greg L | 21 November 2011 | Crime, Prince William County | 11 Comments

Apparently it’s not enough that they get to grope you when they’re on duty.

Rodman, who police identified as a Transportation Security Administration employee, was supposedly wearing a uniform, displayed a badge to the victim, assaulted her, and then got away, Perok said… Rodman, 52, of 10598 Winfield Loop, was charged with aggravated sexual battery, object sexual penetration, forcible sodomy and abduction with intent to defile, Perok said. (link)

I’m sure the victim here got the usual “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help” line right before she got sodomized.

1. Stan said on 21 Nov 2011 at 4:35 pm:

“I’m from the government and I’m here to help. Now bend over so I can stick this up your backside.”

Sounds like every encounter with the federal government I’ve ever had.

2. JOE said on 22 Nov 2011 at 8:30 am:

November 19, Houston Chronicle – (Texas; International) TSA investigating how Houston-area man got loaded gun on plane. An incident involving a man from Magnolia, Texas who flew from Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) to Argentina carrying a loaded gun in his carry-on briefcase has launched a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) investigation, KHOU 11 Houston reported. The passenger has been detained in Buenos Aires since November 16 for trying to board his return flight with the weapon, ammunition, and pepper spray. According to KHOU, the TSA is trying to determine who at Bush airport was responsible for missing the gun. A year ago, screeners at the airport missed a loaded .40 caliber gun taken on a flight. Last week alone, TSA officers found 24 loaded firearms in carry-on luggage, including two pistols detected at IAH, according to the TSA blog.
    Source: http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/11/tsa-investigating-how-houston-area-man-got-loaded-gun-on-plane/

3. MPResident said on 22 Nov 2011 at 9:58 am:

I usually agree with most of the comments on this blog, but on this one I completely disagree. This guy is a rapist and should be shot. But to lump him in with every TSA employee is wrong. My wife and I fly at least 6 or 7 times a year and have gone through the screening process many times. I have never been groped and the process was always explained and they have been polite. Now I am not saying there aren’t bad TSA employees, but there are in any profession. But as soon as one terrorist boards a plane and flys it into a bulding because someone didn’t do their job all of you will be bitching then also. It is a no win situation for them. There is no right to fly. If you don’t want to be searched then don’t fly. But I for one appreciate knowing when I get on a plane there isn’t some radical Islamist Terrorist on the plane with a bomb or a gun.

4. JOE said on 22 Nov 2011 at 11:33 am:

@MP- See the above post.

I think it is amazing with the stories we hear about that there hasn’t been one. I wouldn’t be so secure in the thought that the public is protected against terrorists or just some nut that is intent on hurting us.

5. Doug Brown said on 22 Nov 2011 at 12:52 pm:

If he’s guilty, that usually a good thing to establish before shooting him, don’t be surprised if he had a prior record, TSA and HS are not known for their stellar background checks.

6. hazegray said on 22 Nov 2011 at 1:58 pm:

MPResident said on 22 Nov 2011 at 9:58 am: Flag comment

As another frequent flyer, I also AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THIS WRITER. Most TSA employees I’ve encountered are doing a boring but critical job and doing it well; in fact the last time I flew in October the screener(s) were so good that I went back and thanked them after I went through the line.

7. Jack said on 22 Nov 2011 at 2:16 pm:

I would add that I have received as much if not more groping in airport security at locations outside the US. It is a sad fact of life that people hide weapons or bombs to kill innocents during air travel. I don’t want to see the TSA doing road checks but I’d rather Americans doing the airport screening than the outsourced companies who previously provided screening services and exclusively hired foreign nationals, many from the same east African and middle eastern nations now known for exporting terrorists.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the level of screening for many people passing through has become absurd (checking the diapers of old ladies) in contrast to the patent disregard for the effectiveness of profiling based on the identities of known terrorists.

The bottom line is, we are the first line of defense, always. Act fast and act aggressively when faced with an attacker/terrorist. On a plane, train or in a donut shop. Look out for each other.

8. Ellie Lockwood said on 22 Nov 2011 at 6:42 pm:

Absolutely right. There is no right to fly but while this level of intrusion is permitted I will exercise my right NOT TO.

9. MPResident said on 22 Nov 2011 at 6:57 pm:

Ellie, thqat is your right.

10. MPResident said on 22 Nov 2011 at 6:58 pm:

That not thqat

11. Former Officer said on 26 Nov 2011 at 8:19 pm:

“I’m sure the victim here got the usual “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help” line right before she got sodomized”

This is really unnecessary but not unexpected from this site.