It’s More Fun Being An Illegal Alien

By Greg L | 15 March 2012 | Illegal Aliens, Crime, Prince William County | 16 Comments

Protecting the guilty is not a legitimate policy objective of local government.

Last week an unlicensed daycare provider in Bristow, staffed by illegal aliens and overcrowded far beyond what regulations allow, had a three month old child under their care die.  Authorities have even issued a cease and desist order to shut down the operation.  Strangely enough they will not, however, disclose to the public where this daycare operation was.

If this operation failed a health inspection, that information would be public.  If someone were arrested for a crime, usually authorities would release as a matter of course the block where the arrest occurred.  It happens all the time, and our local newspapers are chock-full of crime reports that identify not only who has been arrested for a crime, but the specifics of where that crime happened.  Not this time, though.  This was special, somehow.

There’s an important reason this happens.  People might have information useful for the investigation or any prosecutions that result, and providing these details helps people to know whether any information they might have could be relevant.  John Doe being arrested somewhere in Prince William County gives people who might read these crime reports no information about whether the John Doe they might know is involved, or whether they may have any information about the scene of the crime.  John Doe who lived one block over from you gets arrested, and your observations gleaned from driving by twice a day going to and coming back from work is now relevant to the successful investigation and prosecution.  The public is important for the success of law enforcement operations, and a good mutual flow of information back and forth has huge impacts on public safety.

In this case two people were arrested in this case in connection with the death of an infant, about as shocking a tragedy as one can imagine.  In any circumstance other than one involving illegal aliens, police would make public where a crime or violation occurred and the press would report that information, because that’s important.  It helps solve cases, and it helps get convictions.  It reinforces the partnership between the community and law enforcement.

This time illegal aliens are involved, and apparently that makes some critical difference.  Illegal aliens are afforded a privacy shield that neither you nor I, should we commit a crime or violate a state regulation, would ever be afforded.  Even the businesses that employed them, violating federal laws that are punishable as a felony in the process, is protected from the truth.  If a food business doesn’t clean out their grease traps often enough, they get their name plastered in the paper for a health code violation, which isn’t even a misdemeanor.  If an unlicensed business involving infants employs illegal aliens and creates insanely unsafe conditions that results in children actually dying, which potentially involves endless felony charges, they are somehow protected from having anyone with useful evidence even know who is involved.

Does this strike anyone as being at least somewhat odd?

1. Anonymous said on 15 Mar 2012 at 11:37 pm:

This really makes me angry!

2. Anonymous said on 16 Mar 2012 at 5:11 am:

13200 Sapphire Ridge Place

3. Badger said on 16 Mar 2012 at 6:25 am:

Now, THIS is the kind of reporting we need in Prince William County! Thank you for covering this and other stories. We really need investigative reporting.

4. Dave in PWC said on 16 Mar 2012 at 6:37 am:

There is no listing for 13200 Sapphire Ridge. The listings start at 13202. The Inside NoVA story said the block of 13200 and I looked at all those listings for an owner named Rocio as stated in the comments and could not find one. Here is the link to the county property listings:

5. DeDe said on 16 Mar 2012 at 7:21 am:

13247 SAPPHIRE RIDGE PL - Owner as of 8/14/2009 BARRA, JOAN CARLO - previously listed 6/30/2008 as owned by BARRA JOAN C & ROCIA DEL PILAR CHAVEZ SURV

6. Cynic said on 16 Mar 2012 at 11:14 am:

“Protecting the guilty is not a legitimate policy objective of local government.”

FYI. Political Correctness trumps all!

Would not be surprised if some illegal immigrant support group - supported by a government entity - attempts to shut you down for continuing to expose these crimes to the readers of this website and the public.

7. Charles Sutherland said on 16 Mar 2012 at 1:21 pm:

Just a question (for any sympathetic lawyers who may be viewing these matters): Is there some way to bring ‘obstruction of justice’ charges against police officers for concealing evidence, not searching for co-conspirators, not searching for witnesses, or whatever?

Even if ineffective, it could bring some publicity on the police and others involved. However, maybe there is some actual violations which could be brought against the local police, local prosecutors, or federal officials involved.

It seems to me the time has long passed to stop complaining, and ‘use the system’ — since that’s what the illegals and their supporters do.

Any attorney have any ideas on this?

8. REG said on 16 Mar 2012 at 9:21 pm:

Weird, Greg’s article from yesterday noted secretive actions by a federal agency / officials, “What’s next Feds?”; and this topic documents secretive actions by our local government officials. . . Apparently our civil servants no longer consider their roles as servants.

9. Dave in PWC said on 17 Mar 2012 at 7:25 am:

Googling the current owner it appears she is a real estate agent. Thanks DeDe for providing the info, I didn’t look at previous owners…

10. Just me said on 17 Mar 2012 at 5:49 pm:

Mr. Joan C. Barra (“plaintiff”), Chapter 13
    13247 SAPPHIRE RIDGE PL

vaeb.uscourts.gov/Opinions/ssm/bara%2009-01251%2007-26-10.pdf

11. Robert L. Duecaster said on 19 Mar 2012 at 10:04 am:

No, Charles. The only effective method of dealing with a police force that refuses to protect the interests of the legal residents is through the ballot. Unfortunately, that method was taken away from the legal residents of PWC when the Police Chief was made the chief law enforcement officer instead of the Sheriff.

12. legal2 said on 27 Mar 2012 at 2:49 pm:

I had read originally that the owner/s of the house where the child care took place were “out of the country.” Any more on that?

13. Wineplz said on 3 Apr 2012 at 8:25 am:

What also made me angry was the neighbor who “doesn’t get in other people’s business”. If I had a house near/next to me that had anywhere past 6 in it, and it was obvious it was being run as a child care, I would’ve called someone to make sure it was licensed. I would not want to be that neighbor being quoted so callously saying about the death of an infant, “well, I knew it would happen”.

14. Wineplz said on 3 Apr 2012 at 8:26 am:

er, that would be anywhere past 6 kids in it…going to refill my coffee. :)

15. DeDe said on 3 Apr 2012 at 8:32 pm:

An update!

“Bristow day care owner indicted on child neglect charge”

16. New city dweller said on 5 Jun 2012 at 2:31 am:

I feel like I’m the only one in my community that is reporting overcrowding. The city is being bought up by illegals and foreigners folks! The house that I bought was met with resistance even when I offered a price well above what they asked for. The real estate agent would only sell to her people. Only after they saw they wouldn’t get this deal again, did they fold. The man was from Bolivia and the house was bought under his “wife’s” name. He woudn’t even shake my hand! I paid a huge chunk over his asking price, he should be grateul because he wouldn’t get that from a non-taxpaying illegal.

I encourage anyone that wants to protect our rights and investments to become more active in restoring our country and communities for its CITIZENS. I am tired of being nearly run off the road (I will call the police on speed dial in the county I am driving in), tired of getting the wrong food that I order (I will call the business customer service number to complain about not having an english- speaking worker take my order or fill it), tired of the overcrowded houses that have children spilling out of them and into busy streets and parking lots where I have to drive (I call the city building zone to inspect), tired of the abandoned cars on the streets and lots (I call the city parking police that are desinated to handle these and do!), tired of the graffiti on everything (I call my HOA and city maintenance to fine and remove/repaint). There’s a number and office to handle every angle of the embedment of illegals. Instead of running and buying out in the boons, take back our turf! We pay and contribute to be here! We are the rightful citizens of this country and city/state. They are arriving in droves and bullying the residents from their own homes and all I see is blogging and moving. Stand up people and let’s defend one another because they are taking our jobs, properties, and identities!