E. W. Jackson at the PWCRC Convention

By Greg L | 14 April 2012 | Virginia Politics, Prince William County | 12 Comments

Bishop E. W. Jackson gave one of his typical stem-winders at the PWCRC Convention this morning, and I was fortunate enough to have enough advance warning to be able to drag gear out of the truck and have it ready for him. The audio in this isn’t that great since I couldn’t tap into the mic feed, and with the crowd going nuts some of it is a little tough to hear clearly. Since most readers haven’t yet had an opportunity to hear one of these amazing speeches, it’s worth sharing despite any faults since this is such a fun candidate to listen to.

Don’t take this as an endorsement of his candidacy for U. S. Senate, however. As tremendous as Bishop Jackson is, he’s never held elected office before and as a rule I don’t support candidates for state-wide offices who haven’t got any record as an elected official. While it’s tempting to make an exception in this case, I just don’t see a U. S. Senate seat being an entry-level position in public service. He might yet change my mind on this, but not quite yet.

One thing this campaign has done is to raise his profile tremendously. A year ago no one in Northern Virginia seemed to know this guy. Now, when he shows up crowds of people who have heard of him, and that number is growing exponentially, flock to him asking if he’s going to speak. If he decides to take this energy into kicking Harry Blevins out of the Senate of Virginia, what he’s built in this race will serve him very well.

In the meantime, Jackson’s presence on the campaign trail makes events among the Republican candidates much more interesting than they otherwise would be. His participation in statewide politics as a conservative American (he wouldn’t want to be characterized in any other way, I think) who doesn’t look or sound like a typical conservative should drive race-baiting liberals absolutely nuts. This man has a bright political career ahead of him and I eagerly await the opportunity to see him do something like make Dick Saslaw’s presence in the Senate of Virginia extremely uncomfortable as he drives Don McEachen to utter distraction.

Keep an eye on this guy. Folks might be calling him Governor soon than you might think.

1. Chris said on 14 Apr 2012 at 3:11 pm:

Why not just call him Senator?

I love this guy.

2. Steve Albertson said on 14 Apr 2012 at 4:50 pm:

Win or lose, I want to see a lot more of E.W. Jackson.

3. freedom said on 14 Apr 2012 at 5:25 pm:

I understand what you’re saying Greg, but honestly, I’m with YOU, Chris!!! :)

4. DJR said on 15 Apr 2012 at 1:21 pm:

Ronald Reagan’s first elected office was Governor of California.

Beyond that, if the choice is Tim Kaine, George Allen or “anyone else”, “anyone else” must be considered.

5. Paul Madden said on 15 Apr 2012 at 7:27 pm:

I must do some research on E.W. Jackson, for at the moment, I know too little
    about him to offer a comment one way or the other.

[Ed note: comment edited to keep this thread on-topic.]

6. John Lane said on 16 Apr 2012 at 5:48 am:

Maybe that should be a requirement for office, no experience.

7. Lori Carlson said on 16 Apr 2012 at 8:13 am:

I love this man. He gets the message out like no one else in the political arena today. He is inspiring, and people are starving to hear the truth expressed this way, clearly and without apology.

8. Emerita Hanson said on 16 Apr 2012 at 12:00 pm:

I was very impressed with this man, his true identification, “Proud American” no strings attached! The party should be proud/honored to have such corageous speakers like him to deliver strong messages, My hat to you, Mr. Jackson!

9. Paul Madden said on 16 Apr 2012 at 7:03 pm:

Mr Editor,
    I thought my edited comment was right on and very relevant to the subject at
    hand, but that’s okay; I understand perfectly why you would edit out anything
    negative about the sheriff’s office!

10. Bill Blocher said on 16 Apr 2012 at 10:37 pm:

I have had the privilege of meeting with and supporting E. W. Jackson for the past six months. He is an outstanding American and would be an excellent U. S. Senator. His campaign is beginning to catch on with Republican voters once they get to hear him. The way we are reacting to his candidacy is amazing. When he gets the Party’s nomination, he will ignite conservatives and independents in Virginia, and sweep the election this Fall. Not only will he galvanize our political base, but also he will fracture the Democrat Party and end the racial divisions by bringing together conservatives from all walks of life.

Bill Blocher, Irvington, Virginia

11. Lovettsville Lady said on 17 Apr 2012 at 2:20 am:

He’s been to Loudoun several times and always electrifies the crowd. The man can preach!

12. Greg L said on 19 Apr 2012 at 8:27 am:

Bishop Jackson has an op-end in the RTD today that borrows heavily from his stump speech. It’s a good read.