Ding Dong, The Campaign Is Dead

By Greg L | 29 April 2012 | RPV, Loudoun County, Manassas City, Prince William County | 11 Comments

It would appear that Anna Lee has informally “suspended” her campaign for Chairman of the 10th District Committee.  Although no formal announcement has been made, her decision to boycott all meetings of the FCRC after it decided it couldn’t hire her daughter for a staff position because of her school schedule, her absence at recent LCRC meetings and notable non-attendance of the 10th District Dinner this Friday leaves little else as an explanation.  No one runs a campaign for a congressional district chairman by not attending district events for over a month.

I don’t think even some magic spell can resuscitate a campaign this moribund, not even the one that somehow caused Jo Ann Chase to wear a prom dress to the 10th District dinner.  Poor thing.  People thought she was crazy or something.

1. Sandy Whitmore said on 30 Apr 2012 at 9:33 am:

Greg, I have known you for a few years now, and what you are doing lately is “yellow blogism,” not reporting. You have no idea why Anna did not attend the Committee dinner, and it does not become you to report or even allude to something when it has no shred of truth. Shame on you.

People know you by the way you act and what you say, which seems most unprofessional lately. I am appalled- no matter what your political leanings, and disappointed, because I have always thought you were a gentleman, but I see I was mistaken. Whether you like Anna or Jo Ann for what they stand for, personal attacks do not become you.

2. Just saying said on 30 Apr 2012 at 11:58 am:

Anna has a good excuse for missing unit meetings and the 10th District dinner. She was at home notarizing federal complaints against Republican committees.

3. Sandy Whitmore said on 30 Apr 2012 at 2:16 pm:

Really? Do you know that for a fact or are you also demeaning yourself by rumor mongering and false allegations? Shame on you whoever you are. If you were proud of what you say, you would stand tall and use your own name.

You really have no idea where Anna was unless you were there with her, now do you.

Those who think it is permissible to tell white lies soon grow color-blind. ~Austin O’Malley

4. Greg L said on 30 Apr 2012 at 2:39 pm:

Sandy, my good friend, one piece of advice. Don’t consort with witches. It never ends well.

5. Lovettsville Lady said on 30 Apr 2012 at 3:34 pm:

I’ve yet to hear an explanation for why Anna is boycotting meetings and events of 10th district republicans. I’m sure we’re supposed to know why, but with so few mind readers among us, it remains a puzzle to all. Greg was not the only person to assume that Anna’s campaign was over. If it’s not, perhaps someone could tell us that because at this point it is far from obvious that Anna is still running because, other than her stated boycott of the FCRC meeting, she’s not told people why she’s not in attendance at 10th district events. I hope she’s not ill, and I wish her no ill, I just don’t believe that she has the time, or temperament, to be representing the 10th district.

6. The Ghost of Jefferson Day Dinners said on 30 Apr 2012 at 10:48 pm:

Look, I’ve known Anna for quite some time and she is simply ill-suited for the job of Chairman. Anna has too many enemies and all of her time has been spent tearing people down. Its no wonder that she has suspended her campaign.

Anna has spent years cultivating distrust and angst in the 10th District and hopefully when she loses (which she will) things will finally calm down since she won’t be there to stir the pot.

She has had it out for Howie Lind since the day he was elected in 2008. Moreover, while she probably did not have anything to do with the FEC complaint, but she should have never notarized it. It was a dumb thing to do politically and gave her enemies perfect fodder to attack her with.

Don’t get me wrong, whether you like Anna Lee or not, you must admit she works hard but in doing so, she just tears people apart and makes us work just as hard to put things back together. She needs to stop and actually call John and tell him she suspended her campaign.

I know people who don’t understand why she is consorting with Jo-Ann Chase, considering a year ago the two hated each other with a burning passion. Now, they are thick as thieves. It makes no sense.

7. Virginia said on 1 May 2012 at 11:34 am:

“Speaking of witches, you might want to check out ‘Dorothy’s’ comments, http://virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/where-in-the-world-is-anna-lee/ and then ask yourself, are these the kind of people we want representing us? How embarrassing.”
    The last time I read the Wizard of OZ or saw the movie Dorothy was not a witch but
    I don’t mind being called a witch. My sixth graders would ask me how I got to school and I always told them that I rode a broom.
    Please tell me what position I’m running for. Where do I want to represent you? I would like to know so I can organize a campaign.
    How am I embarrassing you?
    You all need to stop spreading untruths and stick to the facts. If you support Whitbeck then say so without all the bashing of the other candidate. You all need to follow Reagan’s advice and not speak ugly of another Republican. Sorry, I can’t remember the exact wording but you know what he said.

8. Lovettsville Lady said on 1 May 2012 at 3:43 pm:

No, Dorothy, you are not a witch. I was making a reference to the movie in which you star and there is a witch. Greg mentions witches, and up pops Dorothy. It was just a little joke.

Do you have any idea how ironic your post is? A follower of Anna Lee admonishing us to not tear down fellow republicans!

Anna Lee has done a tremendous amount of work to help elect some republicans. For other republicans, such as Howie Lind and Jo-Ann Chase, she has done much to tear them down, for years and years. She has spread absurd lies about Howie, and many other republicans who got on her bad side. Perhaps she needs to remember the 11th commandment?

Filing an FEC complaint is embarrassing to the 10th district and republicans. One might say that is violation of Reagan’s 11th commandment. There were far better ways for Anna and Tom to have expressed their concerns. The rest of us aren’t the least bit concerned because we know that there is no reason to be.

I do not dislike Anna, I just do not believe that she has the time, or temperament, to be 10th district chair, representing my party in my district.

9. JM said on 3 May 2012 at 10:40 am:

It seems that some of you are missing the point if this post entirely. It really doesn’t matter what Anna Lee’s reasons are for missing FCRC meetings or the dinner. The point is she will not be chairman of the FCRC if she cannot or will not attend their meetings and events. They need a chairman who will be there for them.

10. Lovettsville Lady said on 4 May 2012 at 12:00 am:

JM, you are correct. That is the point, isn’t it?

Whatever happened to Anna’s big defender, Loudoun Insider? Has he given up on fussing about Howie’s meager gas expenses? Or is he still looking for that ‘’smoking gun” that he’s been about to reveal for months? LOL

11. The Bulletproof Monk said on 4 May 2012 at 9:42 am:

I’ve drawn him off his game. He’s madly typing in a thread regarding Lovettsville’s election results over at Loudoun Times’s web presence.

As usual, what he lacks in facts and proof, he more than makes up for in lathering personal attacks.

Typically liberal. And he isn’t even shy about proving it.

When all you’ve got is a personal vendetta and petty jealousy, people pick up on that. He isn’t fooling anyone.