Why Illegal Aliens “Pay” Taxes

By Greg L | 10 May 2012 | National Politics, Illegal Aliens, Crime | 11 Comments

Remember when open border advocates went to such great lengths to claim that illegal aliens pay taxes to justify their unlawful presence?  When there’s an incentive to doing so, such as offering $1,000 refundable tax credits to illegal aliens for each child they claim as a dependent, sure they will.  What a deal.  It only costs US taxpayers $4.2 Billion annually.

Check this out:

One of the workers, who was interviewed at his home in southern Indiana, admitted his address was used this year to file tax returns by four other undocumented workers who don’t even live there. Those four workers claimed 20 children live inside the one residence and, as a result, the IRS sent the illegal immigrants tax refunds totaling $29,608.

13 Investigates saw only one little girl who lives at that address (a small mobile home). We wondered about the 20 kids claimed as tax deductions?

“They don’t live here,” said the undocumented worker. “The other kids are in their country of origin, which is Mexico.”

He later explained none of the 20 children have ever visited the United States – let alone lived here.

So why should undocumented workers receive tax credits for children living in a foreign country, which is a violation of IRS tax rules?

“If the opportunity is there and they can give it to me, why not take advantage of it?” the worker said.

No wonder that if we provide financial incentives for lawbreaking, we end up with a lot more unlawful activity.  That, and a huge financial burden being laid on people who play by the rules to subsidize those who will not.

1. anon said on 10 May 2012 at 12:04 pm:

I accidentally transposed 2 digits on my kid’s SSN on my tax return once and the IRS sent me a computer generated letter telling me the kid didn’t exist and I simply owed them another $1500+interest. I couldn’t believe that was all there was to it. I figured the cops would be breaking down my door for trying to claim non-existent kids. Got it straightened out with the IRS by mail but how do these people get away with making up or claiming kids that I’m sure have no SSN?

2. Maureen said on 10 May 2012 at 5:34 pm:

It astounds me that we have heard the same drivel for years from the illegal lien apologists. We have known for years that this is going on yet nothing is done? Shame on our elected officials.

This is on top of the free education and social services they receive. People better wake up.

3. Cynic said on 10 May 2012 at 6:38 pm:

Also read that some of the offspring of the illegals, who are collecting these refunds, live in Mexico, etc. And, many of these claimed offspring only exist for federal income tax purposes/refunds.

4. Anonymous said on 10 May 2012 at 6:39 pm:

Didnt Bush the gut the IRS audit budget? Remember that one?

5. Yawning Wolf said on 10 May 2012 at 7:52 pm:

Bush “welcomed” illegal aliens. McCain “claims” he fought for this nation, in Vietnam. He walks around with “hunched shoulders” trying to convince me of this. Yet he too, was open to illegal immigration. Our government is corrupt, to the core. Illegal immigration will not end until the mess is cleaned up.

6. Doug Brown said on 11 May 2012 at 8:50 am:

ROB COWAN, currently Director of the National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, MO was Director of the National Records Center, same location, when this became a problem. It was the National Records Center which failed to verify whether the individuals were in the US. This has been widely known for several years, as the link mentions.

7. Doug Brown said on 11 May 2012 at 9:26 am:

Something more to consider about this loophole, this has been going on for over a decade, often the refund was mailed to PO Boxes along the US-Mexican Border, so these funds likely played a significant role in subsidizing the travel of the illegals over the border.

8. Citizen-Veteran said on 11 May 2012 at 11:15 am:

Demand all of your elected officials, political candidates, and local party officials recognize the national security danger of the illegal alien invasion, the corrupt dispersement of your taxes to illegal aliens, the unsupportable tax expenditures for social services and public school for illegals, and the outrageous crime wave represented by the illegal population on American citizens. Don’t let up. Demand that all illegals be deported . . . no exceptions.

In Prince William County, when the legal voters take their attention off the issue, Police Chief Charlie Dean finds excuses to reduce his already weak efforts to enforce the “Rule of Law.” Where are the increased policing efforts in high-crime PWC neighborhoods that are overflowing with illegal aliens? Demand maximum use of the 287(g) program in PWC.

Keep in mind the Democrats and their leftwing allies are “registering” these same illegals to vote in November. Since Virginia only requires a “current utility bill” to register to vote, the illegal aliens will register AND vote. Take a smartphone picture of suspected illegals outside the polling station boundary and include it in your challege to the State Board of Elections (county & state levels). Virginia State Police are working on over 400 voter fraud cases now. They need thousands more.

PWC schools are busting open with the illegal alien population. Our taxes are going up to support them. Demand more support from school officials in identifying this population so we can better understand the scale and scope of the problem. Don’t settle for “the courts prevent us . . ” Advocate to Richmond to step up and challenge the reportedly manditory school funding for illegal aliens in our federal courts. We can’t afford the radical policies supporting illegal aliens. Illegal is . . illegal.

We must STOP all stealing from our public treasury from illegal aliens at all levels of government.

9. Citizen12 said on 11 May 2012 at 11:25 am:

Now they are so gung-ho on “fairness” they want to allow the illegal children of those who have illegally invaded the United States access to taxpayer funded healthcare, education and other entitlements. If we are to follow their line of logic it’s also “fair” to allow the children of bank robbers and Bernie Madoff types to keep that ill gotten money.

The Federal Government was behind the changes to our states drivers license via their watered down National I.D. program. While each state and its citizens have had to bear the burden of these changes, federal regulations require the presentation of said document prior to entering a federal building, flying commercial air craft or a host of other activities they claim jurisdiction over. At the same time they waste our tax dollars on an effort to block the states from requiring individuals to present this same federally mandated document when they vote.

10. Vigilant1 said on 14 May 2012 at 1:57 pm:

The IRS has a bunch of idiots working for it. I have been trying for the last 6 months to pay a tax bill that was caused by IRS incompitence and their error. I have paid this “bill” THREE times now now and guess what? Three weeks after I pay the bill, the IRS sends back to me the amount I paid plus a few cents interest because as I have been told, they don’t know where to credit my payment. Now the say they are going to charge me penalty and interest on the amount as I have not paid it. Sent the third check in last week and expect to get another treasury check in the mail soon as I don’t expect them to credit me for my payment as has happened the last two checks sent. It’s no wonder this country has gone to hell. The IRS is willing to go after me for a couple hundred dollars and forget about the millions the illegals are collecting. WHAT A COUNTRY!

11. citizenofmanassas said on 22 May 2012 at 3:05 pm: