Jeanette Rishell Rises From The Political Undead

By Greg L | 18 June 2012 | Manassas Park, Jeanette Rishell | 13 Comments

In honor of Jeanette “Moonfruit” Rishell announcing her campaign for a spot on the Manassas Park Governing Board in November, here’s a look back at one of the more amusing gaffes this nut is so well known for.

This is going to be a very amusing election year.  I never would have thought we’d ever see Rishell on the campaign trail again after she embarrassed herself so badly in her campaigns against Jackson Miller.  How many spectacularly ignominious deaths can a political candidacy endure?

1. Ha! said on 18 Jun 2012 at 4:29 pm:

I don’t know. Considering MP now holds its local elections in November, and the DNC is going to be throwing massive amounts of money and paid staff in the PWC area, Jeanette Rishell might be able to ride this to a win, if and only if the political winds are blowing in the Democrats favor, on election day.

2. Anonymous said on 18 Jun 2012 at 5:27 pm:

Dude, come on man. You posted this but nothing on Mayor Jones running unopposed?
    Seriously, if you wanted some real attention, create a good header for that one, Geez.
    Do I have to do everythng for you?
    HAM SANDWICH FOR MAYOR, HAND SANDWICH, READ ALL ABOUT IT..

3. Jon Wong said on 18 Jun 2012 at 6:26 pm:

Rischelle is a very close second to Steve Chapman as the worst candidate ever IMHO!!

4. Jon Wong said on 18 Jun 2012 at 6:29 pm:

Is BRUU coming out to support their favorite candidate???? Some VOO DOO might help her???

5. BSinVA said on 25 Jun 2012 at 7:30 am:

@ Jon: Both Chapman and Rishell have at least one thing in common: they are participating in the governance of the community. It is a responsibility of citizenship to run for office if you think you have worthwhile ideas on governing your community. To sit back and take pot shots at either of these civic minded citizens on blogs is lazy, cowardly, and shows a lack of willingness to really make a positive difference.

6. Jon Wong said on 27 Jun 2012 at 3:36 pm:

Yo…BS..Just thought I was expressing the common sentiment of most readers of this blog. Check out the poll. Take a hike over to Moon Fruit’s blog. You will like it over there.

7. BSinVA said on 28 Jun 2012 at 11:34 am:

My comments are meant for this blog only.

8. Jon Wong said on 28 Jun 2012 at 3:21 pm:

BS..Try killing a chicken…putting its blood in a dish with some feathers…say a few appropriate incantations and maybe your candidates can be resurrected from the political graveyard . If you don’t feel comfortable with this suggestion….bite me!

9. Jon Wong said on 28 Jun 2012 at 3:27 pm:

Uh..Oh..BS.. You’re not related to the Miami Clauseway Cannibal are you? Just kidding about my last comment!

10. JM said on 29 Jun 2012 at 7:03 pm:

And she will probably win. As long as the Dems only field one or two candidates, they can win in the Park because the Democratic votes are concentrated rather than spread across the board. It happened the year Naddoni and Farrell, won, and Rishell will be able to hold onto the after winning because she actually lives in the Park. Although I’m a conservative, I think this might not be a bad thing. Without opposition on the council, MP has made some real blockhead decisions. I’m all for political opposition, so long as the liberals aren’t running things here in the Park.

11. Jon Wong said on 6 Jul 2012 at 4:33 pm:

IMHO I wouldn’t want her as a dog catcher!!

12. FrauD said on 26 Aug 2012 at 7:10 pm:

I really don’t know much about her, but I don’t think we need a liberal on the City Council right now. Our taxes and water bills are high enough, thank you very much.

13. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2012 at 9:32 am:

she came to my house one day. I did not get a bad impression at all. Her main objectives seem good for MP. Is it all lies?