video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Mitt-Mentum

By Greg L | 6 November 2012 | RPV, National Politics, Virginia Politics | 15 Comments

With the kind of enthusiastic crowd I saw in Fairfax today, I’m pretty hopeful for a Romney and Allen win in Virginia!

1. Joe Doc said on 6 Nov 2012 at 6:52 am:

LONG line at 5:45 am at Mountain View. GOP well represented handing out flyers, and tons of Romney/Allen/Wolf signs.

2. anon said on 6 Nov 2012 at 10:21 am:

During the recent storms, the Romney HQ was open despite the wind and rain. There was plenty of parking because nobody was on the road.

I drove by the Obama HQ in Arlington and they were closed. Those extra days of outreach could spell the difference between victory and defeat.

3. Greg L said on 6 Nov 2012 at 10:48 am:

Reports of VERY heavy turnout in Manassas City, well past 2008 levels. A few precincts that I’ve heard about in PWC have very heavy turnout as well. GOP has done well with GOTV efforts.

4. Robert L. Duecaster said on 6 Nov 2012 at 10:58 am:

If Romney loses VA, I blame it on that doofus Allen for dragging the ticket down. What an empty suit (and pair of boots)! It’s no wonder Republicans can’t be more successful when they nominate clown like him.

5. anon said on 6 Nov 2012 at 11:33 am:

PW GOP GOTV looks to set records. Definitely bigger than 2010 efforts.

6. Joe Doc said on 6 Nov 2012 at 12:11 pm:

The GOP folks at the Bristow office did a great job of being available, day and night.

BTW… on my way driving out of Piedmont, I counted 9 Romney signs in front yards to 2 Obama signs. I don’t put too much value in this, other than McCain received no such support.

7. anon said on 6 Nov 2012 at 1:53 pm:

Mohican precinct very heavy voting. Long lines most of the day.

8. Jon Wong said on 6 Nov 2012 at 2:56 pm:

Come on ..now Bobbi, George isn’t as bad as that criminal Kane. And Susan is really sweet!!

On another topic.. That old Booger of Snottingham…Sure won’t publish any comment that is critical of his outlook. Congrats Greg for entertaining critical comments. Goes to show who has the best blog in Pr Wm.!!!!

9. Nat said on 6 Nov 2012 at 4:42 pm:

Mitt-mentum.

That’s funny.

Robert L. Duecaster should be ashamed of himself for calling George Allen a doofus. No candidate overuses football analogies better than George Allen. When George Allen throws a football or dresses up in his cowboy costume it positively screams “Senator”.

And did I mention that his mother makes great pork chops. I remember it like it was yesterday when he told us in 2006 all about her wonderful pork chops.

George Allen is a splendid candidate.

He should run for Governor next year.

10. Babyboomer1949 said on 6 Nov 2012 at 4:58 pm:

It noon today, it took me 52 minutes total to vote at Washington Reid Elementary School. After standing in the school hall outside of the voting room (the school cafeteria) for 30 minutes, and then waiting another 22 minutes once in the voting room, a young (in her 20s) Hispanic mother carrying an infant, pushing another one in a stroller, with two more little ones hanging on, came in the front door and immediately butted first in line. When people started to complain, she asked the the Precinct Captain to let her go first “because of all her children”. She wasn’t handicapped. She wasn’t a disabled person. She wasn’t a wounded warrior. She was just a young mother with 4 little kids, and just because of that, she got to but in line and vote ahead of the 200 or so still waiting. She was obviously from the “me” generation.

While she was voting, I remembered there were a lot of other mothers and fathers, both young and “old” with infants and young kids, elderly folks (like me), and handicapped people in wheelchairs or on crutches who didn’t get the preferential treatment like that young mother had. We waited our turn in line like everybody else.

Then it hit me — she is representative of the Obma voter mentality, the “me first” and “I demand the Government’s money to pay all my personal and medical expense so I don’t have to work” generation. The rest of us who waited in the hall - the elderly, the handicapped, the other young mothers and fathers with children who didn’t ask for preferential treatment - are the real reason this election is so important

11. Ronald said on 6 Nov 2012 at 10:05 pm:

I voted for Goode

12. J Doe said on 6 Nov 2012 at 11:48 pm:

Good for you Ronald

13. Ronald said on 6 Nov 2012 at 11:49 pm:

If the Republicans ran a real conservative, no way in hell Obama would have been re-elected.

14. Jon Wong said on 6 Nov 2012 at 11:55 pm:

Nice going Ronald. Hope you Ike four more years of Jug Head!

15. Cynic said on 7 Nov 2012 at 12:10 am:

Run a conservative - for this cycle - no way that the NE, Great Lakes Region, the Mid-Atlantic, and the West Coast would have voted for a conservative.